[RESOLVED]Spitfire broken in multiplayer - ED Forums

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 01-21-2018, 01:25 AM   #1
Maffers

Default [RESOLVED]Spitfire broken in multiplayer

Hello, I'm having real trouble with the spit in multiplayer at the moment. Some of the problems I've encountered in the last week are listed below, I have experienced all of them in a number of servers in both 1.5 and 2.2. I have flown other planes in the same servers and not had any of these problems.

* Getting kicked from server, other users report that the reason is "protocol error"
* Everyone else getting kicked and leaving only me in the server, this has usually happened exactly as I land the spitfire.
* Other players cannot see me, or I cannot see them. I've been on TeamSpeak with other players and despite being next to them on the runway, ramp or in the air we cannot see each other or only one can see the other. Sometimes this means the planes pass right through each other, sometimes they appear just before they touch and do damage. Sometimes the guns do no damage to other planes while in this state, sometimes they do. Often I appear to other players just as I fire then disappear again.

I stress again that this is not happening in any other planes I have tested. Including, F-5e, MiG-21, Mirage, A-10C. It has happened in both 1.5 and 2.2 and on all 3 maps. It has already led to at least one server that I know of removing the spitfire all together. This may have been going on for longer than a week, I didn't see any other threads about it.

Last edited by BIGNEWY; 03-28-2018 at 02:37 PM. Reason: TITLE
Old 01-21-2018, 09:12 AM   #2
Weegie

I've experienced the last 2 of your problems and the first one might be the reason server behavior seems to me so unpredictable at the moment.

A few weeks back a friend could see me I could not see him yet I was next to him, both of us in Spits, on TeamSpeak

Generally at the moment I'm experiencing quite a bit of server trouble, not finding a server, my server list totally de-populated (requires an exit and restart) getting kicked for no reason
Old 01-21-2018, 09:31 AM   #3
Maffers

I'm hoping that all resources are being funneled into making sure that 2.5 doesn't have any of these bugs! I can understand them not rushing to fix 1.5 or 2.2 if it means that 2.5 will be released as a fully working simulator and multiplayer environment in the next 2 weeks as promised.
Old 01-21-2018, 09:51 AM   #4
tintifaxl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maffers View Post
I'm hoping that all resources are being funneled into making sure that 2.5 doesn't have any of these bugs! I can understand them not rushing to fix 1.5 or 2.2 if it means that 2.5 will be released as a fully working simulator and multiplayer environment in the next 2 weeks as promised.
Don't be disappointed. 2.5 will have lots of bugs.
Old 01-21-2018, 10:28 AM   #5
Maffers

Quote:
Originally Posted by tintifaxl View Post
Don't be disappointed. 2.5 will have lots of bugs.
My tongue was firmly in my cheek while typing that comment!
Old 01-21-2018, 10:47 AM   #6
NeilWillis
Veteran

I don't think the issues you're having in multiplayer are exclusively Spitfire problems. We have had issues with other airframes missing, or appearing at crazy attitudes. We have also had issues with people not being able to log in, missing servers on the server lists and other stuff like crashes and instability in general.

We know some of those issues are down to the need for servers to be DX11 capable - something that arrived with the AV-8B it seems.

Did you try any other aircraft on those servers you were having Spitfire glitches? What servers were the issues found on, just one, or lots of them? Did you raise the issue with the server admins, and if so, what was their take on it?

And yes, it could be 2.5 will change the situation, but right now with 2.5 release looming, it will be a case of wait and see what happens I suspect.
Old 01-21-2018, 11:56 AM   #7
Maffers

I had the issues on the Raven's server on 1.5, I have not had any of these issues when I regularly fly on there in other planes, including while I was flying other planes during the same session as I was having the spitfire problems. The server admin there told me that the Spitfire often causes them problems and removed it from the roster.

I had the same problems on AO on 2.2 NTTR and haven't in other planes there. ACG WWII and the RAF server in Normandy also gave exactly the same problems in the Spitfire, I couldn't test other planes as it's the only WWII plane I own, but friends in P-51s didn't have the problems at all (except when it seemed I was causing them to get kicked out). I didn't contact the admins there about it.

Since posting my OP I have found out that the Burning Skies server on 2.2 (Normandy) have also removed the spitfire as it crashes the server when people try to fly it.
Old 01-21-2018, 12:49 PM   #8
MAD-MM

Spitfire is the cause for the Mass Kicks, something is going on since the last Patch, when the Engine is damaged trough what ever Reason 1 to all Players get Kicked...

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=198325

9./JG27
Old 01-22-2018, 08:05 AM   #9
Johnny_Rico

I have removed the spit from any of the MP missions I host to work arround this issue
Old 01-22-2018, 10:02 AM   #10
rc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny_Rico View Post
I have removed the spit from any of the MP missions I host to work arround this issue
Пра
Closed Thread