How can I map the doorgun axis assignments to the mouse or joystick (WITHOUT TRACKIR)

hannibal

help needed.

after some fellow forum members pointed out to me that there were axis commands for the doorgunner (gun LEFT/RIGHT, and gun UP/DOWN)

unfortunately i can not map anything to these assignments.

i see that in the input folder there .lua files for it, but i dont know how to activate it.

installing notepad++ and trying to manipulate the lua files, i had no luck.

at the moment, i only can control the camera view point that is locked on to the doorgun.

i think TrackIR might have allowed the mouse to take over the aiming of the doorgun while independently looking somewhere else. i just dont know how the .lua files passes off control.

AT THE END OF THE DAY i just like to look independently in game on a regular monitor (or VR headset) while aiming the doorguns somewhere else not related to where the camera view port is viewing~ and control of the doorguns is by mouse or joystick...

anyone! thank you for any info and happy new years!

find me on steam! username: Hannibal_A101A

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197969447179

From the title I assume you don't have/use trackIR for your viewing. But if it I'm wrong...

Have you tried RShift+T? I got the head movement (trackIR) and gun control (mouse) separated a while back when trying myself in the Huey.

I don't know if it can be done without trackIR viewing.

Helicopters and Viggen

DCS 1.5.7 and OpenBeta

Win7 Pro 64bit

i7-3820 3.60GHz

P9X79 Pro

32GB

GTX 670 2GB

VG278H + a Dell

PFT Lynx

TrackIR 5

didnt work.

using the Rshift-T command did not do anything (note i am using this command without TrackIR hardware)

i also copied the lines of code from what was in the mods/aircraft/huey/input/TrackIR gunner folder and into the regular Huey gunner folder,

and still no joy, though the commands were register under the controls assignment settings.

STUPID DOORGUN is STILL STUCK to the camera/user view port... which means for VR, you have a minigun stuck on your face...

:cry::mad::mad:

you were happy to get rid of the trackir ? :megalol:, okay...

Have to take a look in the controls again. I do use the RShift + T command and I love the way the view is, but I'd like to keep the view mechanic, but look around with the mouse. Way more accurate

'Shadow'

Everybody gotta be offended and take it personally now-a-days

as mentioned, RShift +T did not do anything. the trackIR device is probably needed to function with it.

so i am still looking for a way to control the doorgun with a mouse or joystick with out having to have the camera view locked on to the sights of the doorgun.

i was hoping that there could have been some lines of .lua code that would have let me "look around" and have the camera view controlled by the numpad keyboard mappings while the doorgun would controlled by the mouse or joystick

• 2 years later...
didnt work.

using the Rshift-T command did not do anything (note i am using this command without TrackIR hardware)

i also copied the lines of code from what was in the mods/aircraft/huey/input/TrackIR gunner folder and into the regular Huey gunner folder,

and still no joy, though the commands were register under the controls assignment settings.

STUPID DOORGUN is STILL STUCK to the camera/user view port... which means for VR, you have a minigun stuck on your face...

:cry::mad::mad:

Pretend your medusa ;)