Barbecue incoming....

Silver_Dragon

A very nice update, due diligence is now required to keep this girl flying.

Nevada at 20 degrees C with 4 Gatling guns and 19 rockets requires the type of take off that I always read about with gunship hueys.

Real hard to get the speed up for transitional lift at take off and for the rest of the mission you really do not want to slow down.

A large step in the right direction for sure!

It Looks like I will be getting some much needed Huey hours in the Log book.

It seems to produce the power, so if everything else is ok in model, it should feel like it should. But, EGT is to high compared to IRL.

[T.M HOTAS Warthog Stick & Throttle + T.Flight pedals, Varjo Aero, HP Reverb pro, Pimax 8KX] 🙂

[DCS Mirage 2K; Huey; Spitfire Mk IX, AJS 37, F-14, F-18, FC3, A-10 Warthog II and a few more ]

i9 13900KF@5.8/32Gb DDR5@6400/ Gigabyte Gaming OC RTX4090, ASUS STRIX Z790-F , 2Tb m2 NVMe

Learn how to manage the engine before asking for deleting the update.

The Huey has now limits on the EGT you must observe.

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

Never experienced that.

If you manage the engine within the limits no problem should be.

Yes, I get it that you’re an awesome ‘bedroom’ pilot and I’m a crap one. However, I liked and still do, like, being crap. So. Is there a way to reverse this Mod without reverting to 2.1 Please??

Edited by slipstream21

Yes, I get it that you’re an awesome ‘bedroom’ pilot and I’m a crap one. However, I liked and still do, like, being crap. So. Is there a way to reverse this Mod without reverting to 2.1 Please??

There's no reason to take a personal snipe at him, he's trying to help you out.

But to answer your question, no there's no way to reverse it. The EGT has been planned for the Huey for a long time and is the most realistic way of flying it. It will undoubtedly be tweaked, but it's here to stay.

I'd suggest taking a bit of time to learn the new limitations and adjust your flying accordingly, otherwise you're going to spend lots of time with a cooked engine!

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I have always flown the Huey taking a look at the EGT and trying to keep it within parameters, and a fully loaded chopper would do about 90-95 KIAS at low level. Since this update, either the power has been increased or the EGT lowered: a few days ago I did Sukhumi - Sochi with full fuel and two Miniguns at 115 KIAS. This performance was impossible before within limitations. Obviously the engine was undamaged and continued flying around for some time.

What I found strange is that little adjustments in collective would spike the EGT gauge and then settle in few seconds later.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I have always flown the Huey taking a look at the EGT and trying to keep it within parameters, and a fully loaded chopper would do about 90-95 KIAS at low level. Since this update, either the power has been increased or the EGT lowered: a few days ago I did Sukhumi - Sochi with full fuel and two Miniguns at 115 KIAS. This performance was impossible before within limitations. Obviously the engine was undamaged and continued flying around for some time.

What I found strange is that little adjustments in collective would spike the EGT gauge and then settle in few seconds later.

It runs much cooler than before. I never bothered flying by the EGT gauge before because I always knew it ran too hot and it took way too much effort to try and abide rules that were very easy to break.

It still looks like it runs too hot, but it's pretty flyable in it's current state.

Intel 9600K@4.9GHz, Asus Z390, 32GB DDR4, EVGA RTX 3070, Custom Water Cooling, 970 EVO 1TB NVMe

34" UltraWide 3440x1440 Curved Monitor, 21" Touch Screen MFD monitor, TIR5

My Pit Build, VKB Gunfighter Pro w/WH Grip, TMWH Throttle, MFG Crosswinds W/Combat Pedals, Cougar MFDs, Custom A-10C panels, Custom Helo Collective, SimShaker with Transducer

Never experienced that.

If you manage the engine within the limits no problem should be.

That's the key.

It looks like many of us were flying a super kind of Huey and not something close to the real one.

No torque references, no N1 or EGT limits, neither a speed not to exceed.

I am completely sure that EGT is still too high in many conditions. You can expect to hover and fly at the 30 minutes torque setting without exceeding EGT and no RPM dropage. But the 9500 LB MTOW is still there as it is the normal 90 Kts cruise speed (if not further limited by density altitude), just to mention a couple of them.

So I'm really happy with this new approach to the real machine and with the need to properly operate it as any serious IRL or that 'bedroom' pilot will expect from a good simulator.

So I fully agree with you Mirmidon, it will be good to deeply know how it works and respect its limits.

And by the way, after several years without flying in the real life, I can't consider myself but just a 'bedroom pilot', I wish sometime as good and proficient as some bedroom pilots I get to know.

Funs over boys, time to let the grown ups play.

There is however a nice little hot to trot light weight fox of a chopper that pulls your chain just right..... not a perfect model yet.... but very definitely going your way, if you know what I mean.

HP G2 Reverb, Windows 10 VR settings: IPD is 64.5mm, High image quality, G2 reset to 60Hz refresh rate as standard. OpenXR user, Open XR tool kit disabled. Open XR was a massive upgrade for me.

DCS: Pixel Density 1.0, Forced IPD at 55 (perceived world size), 0 X MSAA, 0 X SSAA. My real IPD is 64.5mm. Prescription VROptition lenses installed. VR Driver system: I9-9900KS 5Ghz CPU. XI Hero motherboard and RTX 3090 graphics card, 64 gigs Ram, No OC at the mo. MT user  (2 - 5 fps gain). DCS run at 60Hz.

Vaicom user. Thrustmaster warthog user. MFG pedals with damper upgrade.... and what an upgrade! Total controls Apache MPDs set to virtual Reality height with brail enhancements to ensure 100% button activation in VR.. Simshaker Jet Pro vibration seat.. Uses data from DCS not sound.... you know when you are dropping into VRS with this bad boy.