DCS: Spitfire LF Mk. IX - Taxi, Takeoff, and Landing - Producer Note Tutorial - Page 8 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 02-12-2017, 08:05 PM   #71
Valen

I cant taxi with the spitfire... She breaks out to the left... Not a normal taxi with spirtfire possible.. I m so dissapointed!
Valen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2017, 08:25 PM   #72
NineLine
Community Manager

https://www.google.ca/webhp?sourceid...itfire&tbm=vid

Lots of good vids out there to help.
ED Facebook PageED YouTube PageWags YouTubeMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine #0440
**How to Report a Bug**
NineLine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2017, 02:42 AM   #73
David OC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valen View Post
I cant taxi with the spitfire... She breaks out to the left... Not a normal taxi with spirtfire possible.. I m so dissapointed!

Welcome to the forums Valen,

Don't get to frustrated with her, not sure how long you have been flying sims for? This here is as real as it gets on PC, so it will take some practice and then some more practice just like IRL.

To engage either of the individual wheel brakes for turning on the ground, the rudder pedal is first depressed in the direction of the desired turn and then the brake lever is pulled until the brake engages.

You need to practice this braking behavior as the spit has a different way of braking compared to other aircraft. You will need to use the braking while taxing, the start of the takeoff run and when the speed becomes slow enough when landing, when the rudder has no effect. Read the Essay's at the top of the thread, very good read.

i7-7700K OC @ 5Ghz | ASUS ROG Maximus IX Hero MB
| ASUS GTX 1080 Ti STRIX | 16GB Corsair Vengeance 3466Mhz | Corsair H100i V2 Radiator | Samsung 960 EVO M.2 NVMe 500G SSD | 2 X Samsung 850 EVO 500G SSD | Oculus Rift | ASUS PG278Q 27-inch, 2560 x 1440, G-SYNC, 144Hz, 1ms | Fractal Design R5 Case

Chuck's DCS Tutorial Library

Download PDF Tutorial guides
to help get up to speed with aircraft quickly and also great for taking a good look at the aircraft available for DCS before purchasing. Link

David OC is offline   Reply With Quote