F-15 Autopilot

Chicki

I also have tried everything possible. It any suggestions/hints have been played from the users of the forum. Unfortunately, with no satisfactory result. All other aircraft and helicopters works fine :(

Processor: AMD Ryzen 9 7900X @ 4.7 MHz            Motherboard: Gigabyte B650 AORUS Elite AX    Module: 64 GB Corsair Venegance DDR5 @ 3000        Video: RTX 4090 PALIT GameRock OC 24 GB

Monitor: SAMSUNG U28E590 @ 4K                      Other: HP Reverb G2 and WD Black SN850X                    The answers is ... 42!

1)Attitude Hold - holds pitch and roll

you can make adjustments (movements) while you flying without trim the aircraft just move your stick and leave it

keep in mind that is automatically disengaged when: load factor is greater than +4g and less than 0g

2)Altitude Hold - holds altitude and roll

basically what im doing is to engage first the Attitude Hold and then the Altitude Hold

is almost exactly like ALT\HDG in A-10C

keep in mind that these modes become very useful for AAR

just engage Attitude Hold and when you are exactly at the right position to connect with the Tanker engage the Altitude Hold and just play with the throttle

is also keeps a turn for you!!!!

hope that it helps a bit!!!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]W10(64bit)Asus Rog Strix Z370-F - i7 8700K - Dark Rock Pro 4 - 16 giga ram Corsair vengeance 3000 - MSI RTX 2070 Super - Asus Rog Phobeus soundcard - Z906 Surround speaker - Track ir5 - HOTAS Warthog

• 2 weeks later...

F-15C autopilots don't work at all. Not even some switches moving in the 'pit. I tried engaging both while flying quite level, nothing happens. First thought was it's like the A-10, just a selector and another key to activate/deactivate, but there is no other key to bind.

FFB here by the way, maybe this matters.

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

F-15C autopilots don't work at all. Not even some switches moving in the 'pit. I tried engaging both while flying quite level, nothing happens. First thought was it's like the A-10, just a selector and another key to activate/deactivate, but there is no other key to bind.

FFB here by the way, maybe this matters.

Nonsense! The autopilot works fine.

There are even two working switches in front of the throttle under the three CAS switches that moves when you engage either autopilot mode.

Reread this paragraph again, cis it sounds like you didn't understand it.

4. Control system

1) FFB must be working.

2) AFCS Attitude Hold - holds pitch and roll. All three CAS channels must be on to switch Attitude hold on. ATT HOLD is automatically disengaged when: load factor is greater than +4g and less than 0g, CAS axis is disengaged. Is temporary disengaged when: pitch is greater than +-45, roll is greater than +-60 or stick forces is applied. Can be engaged by A key

3) AFCS Altitude Hold - holds altitude and roll. Attitude Hold must be engaged to switch Altitude hold on. ALT HOLD is automatically disengaged when: Attitude hold is disengaged, vertical velocity exceeds 2000 FPM. Is temporary disengaged when: roll is greater than +-60, stick forces is applied. Can be engaged by H key

4) Autopilot lights are working incorrect. It's known issue. WIP You can check mode by its switch

Taken from here: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=122788http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=122788

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Win10 64, Asus Maximus VIII Formula, i5 6600K, Geforce 980 GTX Ti, 32 GB Ram, Samsung EVO SSD.

beta etc.

That still doesn't mean the issue isn't an issue that needs solved. Beta or not it needs addressed.

I've also noticed that when putting the F-15C in auto pilot at higher speeds will cause the plane to roll back and forth. You have to reset the trim for it to be fixed but it's a mild PITA.

My Specs:

Win 10 Pro 64bit/ i7 6770K 4.5Ghz/32GB DDR4/ GTX 1070 SC/Samsung SSD

Warthog Stick/TWCS Throttle/TrackIR 5

Glad I'm not the only one who can't get AP to work properly, I thought I was just an idiot and couldn't figure it out...

VR Cockpit (link):

Custom Throttletek F/A-18C Throttle w/ Hall Sensors + Otto switches | Slaw Device RX Viper Pedals w/ Damper | VPC T-50 Base + 15cm Black Sahaj Extension + TM Hornet or Warthog Grip | Super Warthog Wheel Stand Pro | Steelcase Leap V2 + JetSeat SE

VR Rig:

Pimax 5K+ | ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti | Intel i7-9700K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | Corsair H115i RGB Platinum | 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200 | Dell U3415W Curved 3440x1440

Is it me or is because someone sees BETA they think its ok for something to be ignored because well it's BETA?

I might agree with you if it were ALPHA but it's not!

The trim issue isn't a minor farq it's a major annoyance.

I am, and I'd assume many others are as well, on the same page with you.

Beta = it's okay to have an "oh shit, when you do this one really weird sequential combination of things, you see an error we didn't catch during testing because it wasn't a scenario we thought to test".

Alpha = it's semi-acceptable that one of the core features of it's flight mechanics is identified as broken, and they are notified that they need to fix it.

Alpha problems should be fixed before beta starts. At this point though, I guess we just hope it is tweaked/fixed sooner rather than later.

VR Cockpit (link):

Custom Throttletek F/A-18C Throttle w/ Hall Sensors + Otto switches | Slaw Device RX Viper Pedals w/ Damper | VPC T-50 Base + 15cm Black Sahaj Extension + TM Hornet or Warthog Grip | Super Warthog Wheel Stand Pro | Steelcase Leap V2 + JetSeat SE

VR Rig:

Pimax 5K+ | ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti | Intel i7-9700K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | Corsair H115i RGB Platinum | 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200 | Dell U3415W Curved 3440x1440

Nonsense! The autopilot works fine.

There are even two working switches in front of the throttle under the three CAS switches that moves when you engage either autopilot mode.

Reread this paragraph again, cis it sounds like you didn't understand it.

Thanks for the hints, helped me a bit (didn't know that alt hold needs att hold for instance and it's limited to 2000fpm) - but this still does not work in my case.

See my attachment - both AP channels and all 3 CAS channels on, bank maybe 10-15° left, pitch not even 5° up, climbing like 1600fpm. No stick force applied at all. Neither does this make my F-15C hold it's altitude nor does this change anything in my FFB to make it hold the altitude while I'm holding the stick loose without applying pressure in any direction. I don't even notice any kind of difference activating the AP channels without looking down to see the only difference it makes: Switches flip forward.

But after trying around a bit, surprise, as soon as I deactivate FFB in the options completely, it works... bug found, I'd say.

My FFB device is a FFB2 counted as device #1 (second in list).

Edit: Forgot to mention that FFB works fine apart from that. But I didn't take a ride in the real DCS modules except P-51D yet where some problems have been reported for 1.2.8.

Regardless - the F-15 keeps its attitude so well with almost zero trim, it's not really essential to have the APs working.

dcs128f15cap.thumb.jpg.db06629b2476ce468f1fc9a851d998b2.jpg

Edited by Eldur

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

So, further testing.. Eldur's supposed fix of turning off FFB [force feedback], I disabled it hoping it would solve both trimming and autopilot..

So did it? Well NO it made no difference.. I also wanted to show in the track that engine modeling is not accurate either..

Here is the walk through

engine start up. Trim to center via onscreen control view [rctrl+enter]

turn off and turn back on all three cas channels

Take off then level...

Relax. it's a beta and nobody forces you to fly beta software. But since there are not hundreds of post with autopilot complaints then maybe there is another problem on your end.

Otherwise submit a bug report in the beta bug section.

:)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Win10 64, Asus Maximus VIII Formula, i5 6600K, Geforce 980 GTX Ti, 32 GB Ram, Samsung EVO SSD.

• 2 weeks later...

I have also problems with autopilot. But I think the problem is that AFM is very unforgiving regardless center position of joystick.

I have hotas warthog and I have to push joystick little some way to make it really center.

Maybe other people have bigger dead zone in center so they don't run into this problem.

So I would recommend you to check in DIView if your joystick reports exact center position when you let him be.

Or you can just for test enable much bigger deadzone and test if you are able to enable autopilot in that conditions.

• 4 months later...