3Dmigoto VR mod for DCS : Label masking, color enhancement, sharpen, FXAA, copy/paste of radio MSG,....

Did you install the kegetys shader mod, then the 3dmigoto mod, then the patch for the shadermod ?, or the 3dmigot mod alone if you are not using Kegetys shader mod ?

Edit : some shaders are missing in the patch for kegetys. I'll add them ASAP.

Edited by lefuneste01

P8700K @4.8 GHz, 3080ti, 32 GB RAM, HP reverb Pro.

I spend my time making 3dmigoto VR mods for BoS and DCS instead of flying, see https://www.patreon.com/lefuneste

I don't know if this is related to your mod but since I installed it, I have been getting a message in game "your screen is out of focus" It doesn't look out of focus it just has this message hovering over my canopy ????? any suggestions from you gurus?

yes stop running 2.5.6 ... :) ...

seriously its a message which is meant to let you know which screen has the current input focus... it's only present in 2.5.6

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

YOUTUBE CHANNEL: @speed-of-heat

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

Hey Lefuneste, I'm one of those weirdos who is willing to put up with shimmeries for more sharpening.

Any chance of global screen sharpening?

Mod looks great, always running the Il2 one and would be keen to give this a shot.

<VAAF>

Virtual Australian Air-Force :thumbup::joystick::pilotfly:

I can do that, but that may need another way to set sharpen and luma factor, same as for colors.

Yeah I had a look, are you applying sharpening directly to cockpitmasktext? Was hoping you'd applied that as the filter which would've made it very easy :P

By the way, what program(s) are you using for shader modification? Doing it by hand is... ok but seeing what resources are available is a pain.

<VAAF>

Yeah I had a look, are you applying sharpening directly to cockpitmasktext? Was hoping you'd applied that as the filter which would've made it very easy :P

By the way, what program(s) are you using for shader modification? Doing it by hand is... ok but seeing what resources are available is a pain.

I'm not a real programmer, you know...And there is no IDE for the context of 3dmigoto. If you have better way of doing things, please do them and I will include it in the mod if I can handle them for future version (that is not too complex).

I spend my time making 3dmigoto VR mods for BoS and DCS instead of flying, see https://www.patreon.com/lefuneste

I'm not a real programmer, you know...And there is no IDE for the context of 3dmigoto. If you have better way of doing things, please do them and I will include it in the mod if I can handle them for future version (that is not too complex).

Neither! At least, not at this kinda thing. I wrote the saturation stuff for ya on the IL2 forums but even that didn't fully work the way I thought it would. Done colour correction before and do some coding/related maths for work but that's about it.

I'd love to help but I'm way more in the dark than you. I do have a ton of free time now with the whole corona stuff so if you want I'd be seriously keen to trade messages and get up to speed.

<VAAF>

• 2 weeks later...

How can I install this via the "Saved Games" folder?

And is there a version with just the "Message" functionality. I really struggel with that aswell and think this is exactly what I've been looking for.

Thanks for your efforts.

Edited by SGT Coyle

Night Ops in the Harrier

IYAOYAS

How can I install this via the "Saved Games" folder?

And is there a version with just the "Message" functionality. I really struggel with that aswell and think this is exactly what I've been looking for.

Thanks for your efforts.

You can't, but you didn't need to do that to install the mod.

Please read the instructions on first post and ask if things are not clear.

I won't split the mod in different version, because that's too much work to maintain. But all features can be toggled on or off and, except the label masking, they are off by default.

Anyway, you should at least try the NVG and sharpen feature...

• 2 weeks later...
So I assume this doesn't work for 2.5.6 then? Also I'm sure someone has asked already but does it pass IC? I love this zoom mod for IL-2 and feel that it will be fantastic for DCS once it's updated.

There is a link for 2.5.6 but the last beta broke some things (sharpen and NVG). I fixed it and I'm working on cockpit glass reflection control. Moreover, I did not maintain zoom feature for the previous version, but I add kegetys support. As it did not give anymore fps gain, I wonder if I should go back and add zoom again or stay with kegetys support.

Ingame Spyglass zoom is quite nice, so is it worth the pain (for me) to add zoom again ?

well, spyglass is nice but there is never enough zoom in cockpit.

I use Lite version of kegetys mod to be able login on MP, kegetys lite gives me some more space for GPU as I am on Reverb@1080Ti; not much at all, but it is measurable, every tenth of ms counts....

would be great to have both - kegetys mod and your zoom

:thumbup:

i7-7820X@4.5Ghz; GPU 3080Ti, 64GB RAM, HP Reverb G2; VKB Ultimate stick; VIRPIL Throttle; Slaw Pedals; custom AX&BTN BOX

well, spyglass is nice but there is never enough zoom in cockpit.

I use Lite version of kegetys mod to be able login on MP, kegetys lite gives me some more space for GPU as I am on Reverb@1080Ti; not much at all, but it is measurable, every tenth of ms counts....

would be great to have both - kegetys mod and your zoom

:thumbup:

That's too much work : a lot of shaders have to be manually fixed for zoom, and if I handle keketys and zoom this will multiply by a factor 2 the things to do...

So, as there is a choice to do, which one ?

hmm, Sophie’s Choice, :-D

I vote for zoom!

(honestly, I will be grateful for any of them)

Edited by wju

i7-7820X@4.5Ghz; GPU 3080Ti, 64GB RAM, HP Reverb G2; VKB Ultimate stick; VIRPIL Throttle; Slaw Pedals; custom AX&BTN BOX

• 2 weeks later...

color saturation setting

beta version only : color saturation setting

Hello Lefuneste,

Any way to get a color saturation setting or tweak (maybe just a separate little mod)? Need a fix for candy land colors (Nevada looks like Mars at times) i get in my oculus rift. Got a tweak working in IL2, setting saturation to 85% giving it a very realistic look but wasnt able to find anything for DCS.

Thank you for your contribution!

beta version only : color saturation setting

Any way to get a color saturation setting or tweak (maybe just a separate little mod)?

You mean, you would like to have it for the stable version ?

lefuneste01

Is there any easy wasy to just toggle stuff on and off with like a ini file?

Like a file where all stuff that is include in this app would be listed.

And value 0 for off and value 1 for on. (And the default value also listed in there)

So we easy can install this mod, and easy just put stuff on and off in a single file with 0 and 1 at our choice. :thumbup:

For now I just want the copy paste option to be on, and everything else off....

But I cant find any easy way to do that right now.....

All I can see is a bunch of keymappings, and there is a lot of them to remember.... :cry:

lefuneste01

Is there any easy wasy to just toggle stuff on and off with like a ini file?

Like a file where all stuff that is include in this app would be listed.

And value 0 for off and value 1 for on. (And the default value also listed in there)

So we easy can install this mod, and easy just put stuff on and off in a single file with 0 and 1 at our choice. :thumbup:

For now I just want the copy paste option to be on, and everything else off....

But I cant find any easy way to do that right now.....

All I can see is a bunch of keymappings, and there is a lot of them to remember.... :cry:

All features have default values that can be defined in user_var_initialization.ini, except the ones which are set by the setup menu (zoom setting for stable only, NVG for beta and stable). In this case you set them interactively and save them once for all using Alt+F12.

fantastic MOD Lefuneste, many thx,

adjustable saturation especially in VR is something i was begging for since the change from 1.5 to 2.0

candy colors on the rift were sort of breaking immersion, now on the INDEX it became better, BUT till your MOD i was never satified with the colors, and the absence of a way to make PG or Nevada sand look like real sand, or make the water/sky less blueish

u re my hero

attached my setting file (Lshift+F1 to cycle through, for the noobs)

user_var_initialization.zip

is this mod integrity friendly?

Intel 13900k @ 5.8ghz | 64gb GSkill Trident Z | MSI z790 Meg ACE| Zotac RTX4090 | Asus 1000w psu | Slaw RX Viper 2 pedals | VKB Gunfighter Mk3 MCE Ultimate + STECS/ Virpil MongoosT50+ MongoosT50CM |Virpil TCS+ AH64D grip + custom AH64D TEDAC | HP Reverb G2 | Windows 11 Pro | |Samsung Odyssey G9 | Next Level Racing Flight Seat Pro

My wallpaper and skins