L-39 Flaps not working n the air...

Redsavina

So I have gone through the tutorials for the L-39 Albatross and am feeling initially comfortable with this plane.

One thing that I cannot figure out is how to operate the flaps in the air.

Because this aircraft has specific “flaps up” “takeoff flaps” and “landing flaps” options in the settings instead of “flaps up” and “flaps down” like other planes, I set my 3 different flap positions to my throttle hat. Up for “flaps up” forward for “takeoff flaps” and down for “landing flaps.”

When I am on the ground, the flaps are fully functional. I can select a flap position, the cockpit button depresses, then .5 seconds later, the light indicates the new flap position, and I can see the mechanical flap indicator on the wing.

As soon as I take off, I have no control of my flaps. When I hit a hat direction, the cockpit button does not depress, the indicated light does not change, and the mechanical flap indicator does not move. After taking off with takeoff flaps enabled, the plane automatically moves to “flaps up” after a certain speed. That is correct, however, I cannot put flaps up manually before that.

I have tried to adjust flaps at ALL speed ranges, and with landing gear up and down. I have tried to change flap positions climbing, descending, in level flight, and throughout the entire landing approach.

The second I land, I have full flaps control!

Any idea why my flaps don’t work at all in the air, but are fully functional on the ground both before takeoff and immediately after landing?

The flaps have an automatic mechanism that automatically removes them when the aircraft reaches a speed of 310 km / h.

Yeah, that part works correctly. However, when I am under that speed, the flaps should be functional, correct? Mine are totally unresponsive under that speed. The cockpit button will not even depress when I fly under that speed, but as soon as I land, the button works, and the flaps are perfectly responsive.

Maybe try a repair? That doesn't sound right (and I've not experienced it). Or perhaps the control bindings are interfering with the mouse interaction? You should always see the button depress even if you are outside of flap limits.

You can also try deleting the throttle bindings, and trying again.. just to narrow down the problem...

• 4 months later...

I also have exactly the same issue...

Flaps can be set on ground, but not once airborne.

Have made a few landings with emergency flaps, but that control now jettisons the flaps and rolls the aircraft onto its back

I’m flying in the free trial at the mo, but presumably all the module files are the same. Have deleted and re-downloaded, but still the same 😞

• 2 weeks later...
  • ED Team
17.08.2020 в 18:00, Redsavina сказал:

Yeah, that part works correctly. However, when I am under that speed, the flaps should be functional, correct? Mine are totally unresponsive under that speed. The cockpit button will not even depress when I fly under that speed, but as soon as I land, the button works, and the flaps are perfectly responsive.

Probably your device shows knots, not kilometers. 310 knots is not equal to 310 kilometers per hour.

• Like 1

On 1/12/2021 at 12:50 PM, SL PAK said:

Probably your device shows knots, not kilometers. 310 knots is not equal to 310 kilometers per hour.

Probably this. The speedometer has some color coded sections if you look closely, if I remember correctly, that correlate with relevant speeds. But if it doesn't this is probably around 180kts or so.

Edited by zhukov032186

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2