AIRIO Issue with link hosts

jmarso

Hey guys.

All of a sudden I'm having an issue where Jester will respond and select link mode, but when it comes to link host he's telling me none are available, when I've got a carrier and an E-2 both in the mission.

I disabled VAICOM and restarted, and was able to work everything normally through the Jester menu, so my guess is that AIRIO is glitching here somewhere. This was happening before and after the latest beta update.

This is happening in a night mission. Don't know if that matters but there was another bug about a year with radar locks that were only happening at night as well, and that one was resolved.

Curious if this is a known issue or anyone else has encountered it.

Okay, this deal is not reproduceable in every mission, nor is it a specific day / night thing like I thought it might be at first.

Everything still works normally without AIRIO using the Jester wheel. I've troubleshot a lot of different configurations- hot start, cold start, different freqs onthe units, different carriers, but can't really nail it down. My gut instinct right now is that it's a SC / cold start issue where something isn't happening that happens automatically on a hot start, but I can't say for certain.

Also, the missions where everything is working fine I hear the background CV chatter. It's notably missing at the times the link stuff is messed up. Weird.