Show me your mad dogfighting skills!

Wags

• ED Team

Just use LShift-F4 camera, center it to be sure thet the mouse did not shift it and zoom it in till the engine cowling is out of sight. It will be authentic Mustang's gun camera.

Ніщо так сильно не ранить мозок, як уламки скла від розбитих рожевих окулярів

There is nothing so hurtful for the brain as splinters of broken rose-coloured spectacles.

Ничто так сильно не ранит мозг, как осколки стекла от разбитых розовых очков (С) Me

Great stuff yoyo just need a black and white monitor now to make it look real in guncam view...lol!!

Intel i5 3.2 ghz

8 GB crucial ram

gtx 660 superclocked 2gb

500watt corsair psu

win7 64bit

extreme pro

track ir5

Turtle beach x12

• ED Team
Just use LShift-F4 camera, center it to be sure thet the mouse did not shift it and zoom it in till the engine cowling is out of sight. It will be authentic Mustang's gun camera.

Hi Yo-Yo

This needs to go into the manual - both Quickstart, and the main manual. Can you arrange with Asso, Chizh etc?

Having problems? Visit http://en.wiki.eagle.ru/wiki/Main_Page

Dell Laptop M1730 -Vista- Intel Core 2 Duo T7500@2.2GHz, 4GB, Nvidia 8700MGT 767MB

Intel i7 975 Extreme 3.2GHZ CPU, NVidia GTX 570 1.28Gb Pcie Graphics.

• ED Team
Hi Yo-Yo

This needs to go into the manual - both Quickstart, and the main manual. Can you arrange with Asso, Chizh etc?

I'll try. The feature needs to be extended a little - just to disable rotating the camera and set FOV exactly as in real camera (now I have no simple mean to adjust accurate FOV - just by eyes). And then assign a special button to select this view. Alex promised to do it but the movement in this direction needs to be pushed a little...

There is nothing so hurtful for the brain as splinters of broken rose-coloured spectacles.

Ничто так сильно не ранит мозг, как осколки стекла от разбитых розовых очков (С) Me

Just curious if are you the FM programmer, Yo-Yo?

Science Support

Dmitry “Yo-Yo” Moskalenko

Mathematical models of dynamics, systems, ballistics

You're looking for

Mr. Maxim Zelensky

AC, AI AC, flight dynamics, damage model

credits from manual

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

• ED Team

I see many posts on all the forum sections about Air Combat Maneuvering.

Many questions are asked time and time again.

The answers are in the "Bible", for 1stWW, 2ndWW, and modern aircraft.

Fighter Combat - by Robert L. Shaw

http://www.amazon.com/Fighter-Combat-Maneuvering-Robert-Shaw/dp/0870210599/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1343309845&sr=1-1&keywords=fighter+combat

You might like to look at the other 2 books on the Amazon link.

Flying combat in a flight sim is more difficult than real life, because you do not have the cues the body gives, onset of G, the feeling in your body that you are slipping or sliding in a turn, etc etc

It is essential to have "soft hands". Use finger tip control on the joystick. Pulling excessive G just bleeds off speed. Learn how to download (-G) and disengage to get into a better position with higher energy.

Edited by JimMack
More info

Having problems? Visit http://en.wiki.eagle.ru/wiki/Main_Page

Dell Laptop M1730 -Vista- Intel Core 2 Duo T7500@2.2GHz, 4GB, Nvidia 8700MGT 767MB

Intel i7 975 Extreme 3.2GHZ CPU, NVidia GTX 570 1.28Gb Pcie Graphics.

Here is a nice reading I have and this one helping me in dogfight, especially in Falcon 4 BMS & DCS Mustang.

Allied Fighter Aces: The Air Combat Tactics and Techniques of World War II

http://www.amazon.com/Allied-Fighter-Aces-Tactics-Techniques/dp/1853672823

I'm gonna make a tutorial about dogfight basics, and explaining some basics rules like power management, corner speed, I think that can help some people like me in the past => totally lost with dogfight and just pulling hard on the stick without any knowledge :smartass:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Make the reporting system great again!

• ED Team
Thanks. He seems to know so much about the stang behavior I assumed he was the FM guy.

I am really an FM guy. But I never put my hands on the code in the project. We work together with Max but on the different fields. I know WHAT - he knows HOW. I write formulas and algorithms - he makes them working fast, effective and reliable.

Edited by Yo-Yo

• 2 weeks later...

Thought it would be interesting to tangle with the AI above high mountains. It's a lot of fun when you've got to recover speed and find a valley at the same time:)

Best fights are too long to show and tend to end without a kill, but have some awesome close encounters with terrain:)

I was pleased with the turning at height - As Yo-Yo said if you centre the ball you sure can get a high rate of turn! - in a flatish turn I think you can V slowly out turn the AI, under the right circumstances.

I've been trying to get the hang of the predictor sight - no joy - thanks Mop for highlighting it needs a fix.

Believe it or not I wasn't using labels (altho I wished I was a certain times).

• 1 month later...

Very basic video here; no camera editing, just a direct track export:

Not the most excellent fight, but it did get our blood pumping. The other guy and I both screwed up pretty badly, and my gunnery is rather laughable at this point, but we had fun and learned.

• 2 months later...

Well I'm loving this new AI - I'm either totally imaging it or the AI now does have some proper G issues to deal with.

Am working my way slowly up the Skill levels - this took all afternoon - my shootings getting better believe it or not! And if I ever let the AI go down the left I've had it:)

Yo-Yo It sure would be good to see a vid of the epic 1v2AI you described a day or two ago - sounds like some awesome flying. Oh and by the way - was reviewing old version vids and why not bring back the FULL cockpit plexiglass shadows and reflections - that was SO realistic!! Seriously - maybe toned down a touch but it was GOLD visually!

Chill31 I don't think the AI suffer from overheating yet?? but either way this shouldn't matter - you can keep up with it (on the Avg / good skill settings anyway) with only a little over max continuous and the rads fully open - so long as you practise a lot. I'm saving FMP & WEP for when I really need it :(

Edited by VIMANAMAN

• 3 weeks later...

finally!!! my first air kill in multiplayer...I almost fire all of my ammunition on this flying russian tank... but still having trouble to bring down AI Mustang opponents in SP... no meter which skill of AI pilot I chose it's look like that every of them in cockpit is Erick Hartman himself!!! :cry:

[sIGPIC]D:\avioni\razno\potpis 1 orao.jpg[/sIGPIC]

Here's mine. At first the AI gave me a lot of trouble but I finally figured out how to bring him down.

P.S. I think the AI is perfect for the "excellent" setting, but maybe should be a little easier for good and average. It's crazy tough to take him down on full realism settings imo. Kind of sucks if you are new and can NEVER win.

ASUS ROG G701VI-XS72K 17.3" - i7 7820HK - GTX 1080 8GB - 32 GB 2666mhz - 512 GB SSD - Win10 Pro 64-Bit - T̶r̶a̶c̶k̶I̶R̶5̶ - Samsung Odyssey HMD!! (Amazing!!) - X56 Rhino HOTAS

I don't know about dogfighting skills.... but I some mad dog crashing skills :joystick:

ASUS ROG G701VI-XS72K 17.3" - i7 7820HK - GTX 1080 8GB - 32 GB 2666mhz - 512 GB SSD - Win10 Pro 64-Bit - T̶r̶a̶c̶k̶I̶R̶5̶ - Samsung Odyssey HMD!! (Amazing!!) - X56 Rhino HOTAS

Why are you guys not stalling all the time. Did you disable some of the realistic features? If I would fly like you do, I got lots of accelerated stall and so on.

PC: Asus P8Z77-M Mainboard; Intel i5-3570K (4x3,4Ghz) mit Scythe Mugen 3 CPU Kühler; 16Gb Corsair XMS3 1600Mhz; Nvidia GTX570 1280mb; Samsung 830 SSD; Samsung HDD

Flight Sim Gear: TM Warthog; Saitek Pro Pedals; TM Cougars on an 19" screen; TrackIR 5 w/ trackclip pro; Logitech G35 headset