Show me your mad dogfighting skills!

Wags

Skill setting does not affect the skill level of the A.I.

All it does is affect the distance at which he spots you/becomes aware of your dire need to be exterminated with extreme prejudice.

Does still apply? So it doesn't really matter whether you fight average or expert AI?

Does still apply? So it doesn't really matter whether you fight average or expert AI?

Nope.

They have different skill levels.

The capabilities ranges from pretty darn good for the 'average' AI to bloody darn good for the 'excellent' AI.

Can be a little bit intimidating for newcomers.

The excellent AI seems to be able to fly on the razors edge all the time.

There should be an AI that is below the level of the 'average' one.

Would help newbies to learn the P-51 in a dogfight in a less frustrating way.

What I personally don't like is that the AI does not make any mistakes.

when we are talking about AI...

coming from CLOD, im really happy with the AI here in DCS i have to admit.

yesterday i made a mission with a clouds level of 8, against two AI mustangs.

what i noticed is, that it seemed that they lost sight of me on several occasions...so here is a question,....are they unable to look through clouds just like humans, or are they cheating, and the fact that they lost me was only due to the range between us?

(In the voice of the big red jug of juice that jumps through the walls in Family Guy)

I am getting now.

Excellent is not a lot better than Average I think

Nice flying. Why do you use only the fixed sight?

Nice flying. Why do you use only the fixed sight?

Hi thanks!

I have tried the gyro sight a couple of times but find I it more difficult, to get it to settle on the target, I reckon you can figure the trajectory out yourself with a bit of practice.

Would love to fly online more, usually it not an option as the connection is too slow on the ship I work on. I tried when I got home but only found one server open to public, which only had 1-2 others in it who it was impossible to find without icons/map/external views.

Technical Specs: Asus G73JW gaming laptop... i7-740QM 1.73GHz ... GTX460m 1.5GB ... 8GB DDR5 RAM ... Win7 64 ... TIR5 ... Thrustmaster T16000m

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm very new, very very noob, not even a mad! :) I can't even take off properly.

But somehow I killed him without firing one bullet. :)

Watch the track.

Thanks. :)

Devrim_DogfightwithAI.trk

Intel i7-14700@5.6GHz | MSI RTX4080 Super SuprimX | Corsair V. 32GB@6400MHz. | Samsung 1TB 990 PRO SSD (Win10Homex64)
Samsung G5 32" + Samsung 18" + 2x8"TFT Displays | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | TM MFD Cougars | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5
>>MY MODS<< | Discord: Devrim#1068

Massive improvement on the AI, really great job, I cannot stop replaying my little mission. But I do have one question, will the P-51 be replaced by an Fw-190 in the instant action mission in the future? It would make more sense. Anyway here is my first dogfight:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Now we need some with the P-51 facing the Fw-190!! :)

--Maulkin

Windows 10 64-bit - AMD Ryzen 9 5900X @ 3.7 GHz - 32 GB DDR4 3600MHz RAM - EVGA FTW3 RTX 3080 - Asus Crosshair VIII Hero motherboard - Samsung EVO Pro 1 TB SSD - TrackIR 4 Pro - Thrustmaster Warthog - Saitek rudder pedals - Lilliput UM-80/C with TM Cougars