F-15E?

JazonXD

Finally, I would like to ask, what do you guys like about the F-15E in particular if it where to be a module?

For one I like the fact the Mudhen evolved from an outstanding Air to Air platform to an outstanding CAS platform. Same with the F-16 CG/CJs

Both were bought as "Fighters" and evolved into what they are today.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Primary Computer

ASUS Z390-P, i7-9700K CPU @ 5.0Ghz, 32GB Patriot Viper Steel DDR4 @ 3200Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce 1070 Ti AMP Extreme, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe drives (1Tb & 500 Gb), Windows 10 Professional, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Warthog Stick, Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle, Cougar MFDs x3, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals and TrackIR 5.

-={TAC}=-DCS Server

Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3, i7-3770K CPU @ 3.90GHz, 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 @ 1600Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 970.

Ok, but nothing specifically about the module? Like a specific mission type, weapon or characteristic of the aircraft? I'm just curious.

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

Since I have zero interest in the Mirage...with or without radar homing missles...I have no comment on the subject. But let me get this straingt...You want the F-15E as it was during the First Gulf War...the period from 2 August 1990 – 17 January 1991...roughly 5 1/2 months? It seems to me there has been an awful lot of development on BOTH side since the First Gulf War that would be lost due to your timetable...how is that not hobbling the aircraft? The F-15E first flight was in 1986 and it gained operational use of the AMMRAM Late 91 /Early92ish...Since then we have had:

Operation Southern Watch

Operation Northern Watch

Operations in the Balkans

Operation Enduring Freedom

Operation Iraqi Freedom

Operation Odyssey Dawn

Operation Inherent Resolve

The F-15E has participated in far more conflicts with AMRAMMs available as a weapon than when it hasn't. This alone is a very important consideration.

Why are F-15Es and F-14s fighting each other?

You assume everyone believes the F-15 is superior to everything else available in DCS...I can think of a few pilots flying the Flanker on a regular basis who would smile and disagree with you completely. People are going to buy and fly what they like...its really that simple.

Nothing. You are absolutely correct. There is no match for an F-15E with AIM-120s. It's not a fair fight. (The Flanker drivers mentioned earlier might disagree...) And its the same in real life. It seems to me this is the problem...You don't want fair fights. You want the F-15E to be EQUAL to all the other planes...which is in fact hobbling the sim. You seem to believe other players will suffer at the hands of F-15E drivers because they are flying inferior aircraft. I guess pilot skill doesn't figure into your equations?

LOL Who's being cyber bullied? Go back and look at your posts. Everyone who has disagreed with you on this subject has received the same tirade about SARH this, Fighting F-14s that, Unfair this....If someone disagrees you tell them all the reasons%

Edited by mjmorrow

Since I have zero interest in the Mirage...with or without radar homing missles...I have no comment on the subject. But let me get this straingt...You want the F-15E as it was during the First Gulf War...the period from 2 August 1990 – 17 January 1991...roughly 5 1/2 months? It seems to me there has been an awful lot of development on BOTH side since the First Gulf War that would be lost due to your timetable...how is that not hobbling the aircraft? The F-15E first flight was in 1986 and it gained operational use of the AMMRAM Late 91 /Early92ish...Since then we have had:

Operation Southern Watch

Operation Northern Watch

Operations in the Balkans

Operation Enduring Freedom

Operation Iraqi Freedom

Operation Odyssey Dawn

Operation Inherent Resolve

The F-15E has participated in far more conflicts with AMRAMMs available as a weapon than when it hasn't. This alone is a very important consideration.

Why are F-15Es and F-14s fighting each other?

You assume everyone believes the F-15 is superior to everything else available in DCS...I can think of a few pilots flying the Flanker on a regular basis who would smile and disagree with you completely. People are going to buy and fly what they like...its really that simple.

Nothing. You are absolutely correct. There is no match for an F-15E with AIM-120s. It's not a fair fight. (The Flanker drivers mentioned earlier might disagree...) And its the same in real life. It seems to me this is the problem...You don't want fair fights. You want the F-15E to be EQUAL to all the other planes...which is in fact hobbling the sim. You seem to believe other players will suffer at the hands of F-15E drivers because they are flying inferior aircraft. I guess pilot skill doesn't figure into your equations?

LOL Who's being cyber bullied? Go back and look at your posts. Everyone who has disagreed with you on this subject has received the same tirade about SARH this, Fighting F-14s that, Unfair this....If someone disagrees you tell them all the reasons they are wrong.

You seem insistent that the version of F-15E produced must be EQUAL to the F-14 by limiting its ability to carry a particular missile. A missile it has carried for the majority of its service life...because YOU feel this missile gives the F-15E an unfair advantage.

But choosing a thin segment of history when the F-15E COULDN'T carry AMMRAMS to represent it in the sim just so things will be fair...is hobbling it.

As far as the cyber bullying, as I clearly stated before, this is a flight sim forum, about planes, the thread is on the F-15E, not me. If you want to insult me personally, do so in person. I have addressed positions, but not initiated one attack on anyone, personally. Where have I discussed the childishness of a position, described a position as a tirade, or employed any of this YOU, EQUAL, fair, business? You are clearly attacking me, not simply my position. Just because I disagree with Winter, Kayos, Sweep, and others, on some issues, does not make any of them bad persons or deserving of personal attack from me. That is all I have to say about this matter.

[...]You are clearly attacking me, not simply my position. Just because I disagree with Winter, Kayos, Sweep, and all the rest of the forum, on some issues, does not make any of them bad persons or deserving of personal attack from me. That is all I have to say about this matter.

FYP

I agree on the personal attack thing, I try not to do that... :thumbup:

Anyway, and regardless of weapon load...a Strike Eagle would be FUN, period, end of it! :D

Yep. I ought to get off this topic, but I will share this. I have been an offender in the past. I was abusive to persons over the Internet and all. I have no excuse for that behavior. I was outright wrong. Then I saw all of the cases of teens committing suicide and stuff. I realized that criticizing persons over the Internet is weak, pathetic, unmanly, and down right harmful to persons and their self image. Even unintentionally making persons feel badly about themselves, for absolutely no good reason, especially young persons, is something that I don't want to be a part of and do.

I am not a politically correct person, but I don't feel entitled to walk all over humanity, as I please, either. So now, I only say the things I would say to someone in person. I would never talk down to a teen or anyone in person. I have convicted murderers in my family. I grew up in a tough neighborhood. No one would walk up to a stranger in an area with a high murder rate, in the places I grew up, and talk down to someone, like I used to do over the Internet, not unless they were hiding behind a gun. I have known persons willing to cut my heart out for far less. I am not saying violence is right, just that persons say stuff from behind a computer screen that they aren't going to likely say and do in person. One of my grandfathers worked for a mob organization and he would have ended up in a ditch, had he said a fraction of what I said over the Internet in the past. That isn't right either, but, if I wouldn't say something to a mob guy or a cop on the beat, I should't say that thing to a fourteen year old, either.

If someone wants to abuse me, I ask that they do it to me in person. People tend to be a lot more polite under those circumstances and people ought to be polite, unless they have a good reason. That I don't agree with the position of another person is no reason at all for me to attempt to belittle someone.

....and yes, I could definitely see your interest in that Strike Eagle. The F-15E is a beautiful plane, Sweep. Thank you for being a gent. I appreciate it. :thumbup: MJ

P.S. As I wrote in this thread, to Jason, I hold out to the entire community:

Personally, I see nothing Universally or inherently right or wrong with your personal preference. At the end of the day, you like the idea of a DCS F-15E. What is Universally or inherently wrong with that? For me, nothing. Your interest in a F-15E doesn't make you absolutely wrong or the root of all evil in my book. The way I see it, you and the other flight simmers advocating for the F-15E are a bunch of cool dudes and gals sharing my passion for flight simulation. It is just that you are into an awesome ride that I could happily live without. I would much rather see Razbam make a SARH only F-16, than make a F-15E, for a variety of reasons, but, at the end of the day, so what? How does that reflect on you, the validity of your preferences, the, so called, rightness and wrongness of your preference or the rightness or wrongness of anyone's preferences?

I don't see how I or anyone else could reasonably hold out to the DCS community that we have the one and only true and worthwhile point of view on the matter of whether or not to make a DCS F-15E, without resting selfishly on our subjective opinion and personal preferences. I'm not advocating for the introduction of the F-15E, but at the end of the day, that doesn't make you right or wrong, doesn't make me right or wrong. There is no DCS World politically correct ride choice. :megalol: Some players are going to like the idea of a DCS F-15E and some players will not like the idea. It is an issue of preference, reasonable minds can and do differ. There is certainly no absolute undeniable truth coming out of my corner, here. :thumbup: MJ

Edited by mjmorrow
  • Like 1

+1

I really don't understand why people are so much into the F-15E.

Let aside the look and the number of bombs it can carry, there's not a single thing it can do that the F/A-18C cannot.

Plus the Hornet is truly multirole, and carrier capable.

Once ED's Hornet is released, from a gameplay standpoint the Strike Eagle will be pointless.

Yeah, lets stop development of DCS after the F/A-18C is released.

Everything can be done by the Hornet, there is no point in adding anything else

/s

C'mon, don't act like you don't understand me, you're smarter than you pretend to be ;)

My point is there is such a great variety of airplanes in the world, it is not only about US-built 4th gen fighters.

So after the F/A-18 is out, and the F-14 after it, the last thing we'll need will be an F-15 or F-16.

My money would rather go on a high-fidelity Russian or European 4th gen fighter.

And why not 3rd gen's after that :)

It may share the same role, but the F-15 is much more maneuverable.

Aah ok, so actually people asking for the Strike Eagle don't know the airplane at all...

Thanks for answering my initial question :D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Mud, wind and fire.

C'mon, don't act like you don't understand me, you're smarter than you pretend to be ;)

My point is there is such a great variety of airplanes in the world, it is not only about US-built 4th gen fighters.

So after the F/A-18 is out, and the F-14 after it, the last thing we'll need will be an F-15 or F-16.

My money would rather go on a high-fidelity Russian or European 4th gen fighter.

And why not 3rd gen's after that :)

Aah ok, so actually people asking for the Strike Eagle don't know the airplane at all...

Thanks for answering my initial question :D

59225841.jpg

Seriously, why not have it all? I think we'll see all of those over the next decade (probably less than that, IMO).

Btw, IMHO a clean-ish F-15E will give a Hornet a run for its money in terms of sub/transonic maneuverability. Its that "Alpha of the Hornet" stuff where not many can compare with the Bug, along with instantaneous turn rate. Clean acceleration, top speed, acceleration/speed with a decent payload, I think all that goes to the F-15E, along with some extra altitude...

Lord of Salt

59225841.jpg

Seriously, why not have it all? I think we'll see all of those over the next decade (probably less than that, IMO).

I think that the development pace will pick-up over the next 2 years or so. DCS2 needs to get fully sorted and this, understandably, is taking most of ED's attention. Also, many of the pending modules (especially modern-ish ones) have unique features that are new to DCS. Things like A-G radar, Carrier ops, Multi-crew, variable geometry wings, thrust reversers, etc. As these systems are worked out and modules released, creating similar systems will become more straightforward. Hence, more content with more predictable development time. This is my guess, at least. :music_whistling:

Btw, IMHO a clean-ish F-15E will give a Hornet a run for its money in terms of sub/transonic maneuverability. Its that "Alpha of the Hornet" stuff where not many can compare with the Bug, along with instantaneous turn rate. Clean acceleration, top speed, acceleration/speed with a decent payload, I think all that goes to the F-15E, along with some extra altitude...

Plus, the F-15E can complete more than one hour of mission time without tanking. ;) The -229 equipped F-15E's have serious performance in climb and acceleration, even with CFTs. 29,000 lbs of thrust per engine can sole a lot of problems. :D

My only concern with the F-15E is that of redundancy. The way I see it, the F-15E, F-16C and F/A-18C/E are all basically the same. They use the same weapons, all have glass cockpits and are all US aircraft. That puts them in direct competition with each other for customers. I don't expect I'll be buying more than 1 US 4th gen multirole fighter, and it will probably be whatever gets released first. My bet is it will be ED's F/A-18C. I have nothing against the F-15E and would be happy to see it added, but I wouldn't buy it if I already had the Hornet.

On the other hand, having an F/A-18C would have no impact on me buying something totally different, like the A-7, AV-8B, MiG-23 and so on. That's why I keep pushing all the devs towards making some eastern aircraft (not necessarily Russian). The more aircraft that do basically the same thing for the same nations, the wider a limited number of sales will be spread. In short, I'm concerned about market saturation with western 4th gen fighters while all other aircraft categories are basically ignored.

I'm definitely with King Hrothgar on this. My favorite aircraft are the 4th Gen US aircraft, but there is little doubt that it would be better to continue offering a broad variety of aircraft in DCS. As much as I would like to try flying both the F-15E and F/A-18C, they will operate in a way (from a systems standpoint) that is much more similar than say the A-7...not to mention a MiG-27 or Tornado. One of the things I like most about the upcoming Mirage 2000 is that it's systems are a bit different from the standard US stuff (while still looking familiar to an American).

The development of the F-14A (if Leatherneck delivers on Maps the way we are hoping) will offer the A-7E a good home. I find it to be really fun learning how to do things the "old fashion way" while also getting to try aircraft with all of the modern pilot aides.

I really want an F-15E in DCS and it would fit into the Straight of Hormuz and NTTR very well, but developing a wide-range of aircraft and eras is a better way to go IMHO. Plus, I'm pretty confident that the F-15E will come our way in the not-to-distant future (in DCS terms that is). It's a highly popular and relevant platform, I think it's day will come. :D

-Nick

:huh:....not sure what you mean.

-Nick

PS - I grew up about 10 miles from WPAFB and wen to undergrad at Wright State. Still visit the museum every time I visit my parents.

Its a joke. Next time you are in the AO give me a shout. We can go to the museum together.

[sigpic][/sigpic]

US Air Force Retired, 1C371

No rank or title will ever be as important as the unit patch you wear.

Thank you for the invite. :)

It is an amazing Museum and I'm glad that it's still expanding. When I was last there a 4th (?) Hangar was under construction.

-Nick

Yeah the 4th hangar is built and they have been putting planes in it over the last month or so. Opening June 2016 they said.

[sigpic][/sigpic]

US Air Force Retired, 1C371

No rank or title will ever be as important as the unit patch you wear.

I'm a fan of more non US planes being released. Mostly to have different things to shoot at from my eagle though... I'm probably more interested in the F-18 for a full fidelity (120 slinging) fighter that can come off the boat, that can maybe do SEAD should i feel like it. If that comes out before the F-15E, I might not be too compelled to get the 15E. However as person that pretty much only flies the F-15C, a DCS F-15E would give me all the nice missing bits from the C with more time on station and bombs (if I were so inclined). I can imagine the strike supplanting the C for cap in MP for a lot of people for this reason. Or a faster A-10C, that you can't harass.

From a single player perspective, if they aren't coming with campaigns designed around their RL application its like half a product. The P-51 for example can really only be properly enjoyed online on a WW2 styled server, cause AI skirmishes can only offer but so much. Oh and AI wingmen have the tendency to go full retard. There are still no WW2 assets, and was quite some time before contemporary opponents existed at all.

• 3 weeks later...

Is this one going to happen?

Derek "BoxxMann" Speare

derekspearedesigns.com 25,000+ Gaming Enthusiasts Trust DSD Components to Perform!

i7-11700k 4.9g | RTX3080ti (finally!)| 64gb Ram | 2TB NVME PCIE4| Reverb G1 | CH Pro Throt/Fighterstick Pro | 4 DSD Boxes

Falcon XT/AT/3.0/4.0 | LB2 | DCS | LOMAC

Been Flight Simming Since 1988!

Useful VR settings and tips for DCS HERE

I'm not sure how I feel about this, seeing as the -15E is still a highly classified aircraft. I'd rather opt for something that can be accurately modeled.

EDIT: just saw it was somewhat discussed already. If the information is out there than go for it for sure

Yep, I doubt that we are going to get a really recent 15e but mroe like an 80s to early 90s one then yeah, I'd LOVE to have one. Razbaam maybe for next Christmas? ;)

AMD 5600X -- Gigabyte RTX 3070 Vision -- 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 -- HP Reverb G2 -- Logitech 3D Extreme Pro -- Thrustmaster TWCS

BRRRT!  Car and aviation enthusiast, gun nut and computer nerd! 🙂

Finally a true multirole plane?

i7 2600k -- Noctua NH-D14--Asrock Z75 Pro3--ASUS GTX970 Strix --16Go Ripjaws X 1333--Thermaltake Smart M650--CoolerMaster Silencio 652S--AOC E2752VQ-- Sandisk Extreme II 480GB--Saitek X-52 Pro --SAITEK PZ35 Pedals