Originally Posted by Survival View Post
Thanks for the Update.

Keep up the good work

Found a little typo/Easter Egg

Thanks, fixed!
Old 07-04-2020, 09:09 AM   #82
Nirvi
ED Translator / Moderator

Does the automatic logbook sync work in multiplayer or is it a SP only feature?
Nirvi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2020, 11:55 AM   #83
speed-of-heat

I get an error when pasring this log "Object Reference is not set to an instance of an object" ?
Attached Files
File Type: zip debrief.zip (23.5 KB, 5 views)

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-9700K @ 5.1 GHz, 32Gb RAM, EVGA 1080ti FTW 11Gb, Dell S2716DG, Thrustmaster Warthog + MFG Crosswinds V2, HP Reverb Pro SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro x64, VoiceAttack & VIACOM PRO, TacView, CombatFlite

VR Stuff: My 2.5.5 DCS VR Settings, My 2.5.6. DCS VR Settings, Shaders MOD for VR My variant of Kegetys mod with clear water and also IC PASS for current beta & Stable
speed-of-heat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2020, 04:54 PM   #84
Ansirial

Quote:
Originally Posted by speed-of-heat View Post
I get an error when pasring this log "Object Reference is not set to an instance of an object" ?
Thanks! Fixed, I released an update, link in the first post.
Old 07-04-2020, 04:58 PM   #85
Ansirial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirvi View Post
Does the automatic logbook sync work in multiplayer or is it a SP only feature?
Hi Nirvi, it works also with debrief.log, as I know this log file is autogenerated also in multiplayer missions.

The file is overwritten after any mission. You should sync after a mission, the process it's very quick matter of seconds.
Old 07-04-2020, 05:52 PM   #86
Nirvi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ansirial View Post
Hi Nirvi, it works also with debrief.log, as I know this log file is autogenerated also in multiplayer missions.

The file is overwritten after any mission. You should sync after a mission, the process it's very quick matter of seconds.
Thanks, just tried it
I had to manually set a few dozen target types and got a few "Undisclosed target", no Idea what these were. But it works

Feature request: I ejected two times, could these events also be integrated in the log? As well as pilot deaths.

I attached my debriefing file just in case anything helpful can be found there.

Thanks a lot!

Edit: Added another debriefing, here I had to manually select the target type for around 100 of the 120 Events.
Attached Files
File Type: zip sow0407.zip (270.7 KB, 4 views)
File Type: zip debrief.zip (81.6 KB, 4 views)

Last edited by Nirvi; 07-05-2020 at 11:08 AM.
Old 07-05-2020, 02:59 PM   #87
Ansirial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirvi View Post
Thanks, just tried it
I had to manually set a few dozen target types and got a few "Undisclosed target", no Idea what these were. But it works

Feature request: I ejected two times, could these events also be integrated in the log? As well as pilot deaths.

I attached my debriefing file just in case anything helpful can be found there.

Thanks a lot!

Edit: Added another debriefing, here I had to manually select the target type for around 100 of the 120 Events.
Hi Nirvi,
Thank you for sharing your logs, they will be very useful to implement multiple eject and deaths.
Are they from a multiplayer session right?

About your first question: it is not an multiplayer issue, unfortunately logs are often not completely explicative, some hits are on "not specified targets", I decided to maintain log record in order to let the player specify the exact target manually. I suspect these are hit on scenery objects but I'm not completely sure, I'm open to any suggestion.

About manually selection of targets: I implemented a system to autolearn from manual input. Once every two or three days I check data and update database, so that previously manual specified target will be autorecognized. Only today I added more than ten user specified target. With your help, soon I hope nearly all target will be autorecognized.
Old 07-05-2020, 04:41 PM   #88
Nirvi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ansirial View Post
Hi Nirvi,
Thank you for sharing your logs, they will be very useful to implement multiple eject and deaths.
Are they from a multiplayer session right?

About your first question: it is not an multiplayer issue, unfortunately logs are often not completely explicative, some hits are on "not specified targets", I decided to maintain log record in order to let the player specify the exact target manually. I suspect these are hit on scenery objects but I'm not completely sure, I'm open to any suggestion.

About manually selection of targets: I implemented a system to autolearn from manual input. Once every two or three days I check data and update database, so that previously manual specified target will be autorecognized. Only today I added more than ten user specified target. With your help, soon I hope nearly all target will be autorecognized.
Correct, both logs are from multiplayersessions with multiple landings, takeoffs, bailouts etc.

The not specified targets were probably scenery objects, you're right.
Happy to help
Old 07-07-2020, 12:49 PM   #89
tugais

Hi Ansirial,

I was logging some flight time a few minutes ago and I thought it would be cool and useful to distinguish combat sorties and training sorties. Do you think it's doable and/or relevant to your logbook project ?

The ability to see at a glance the ratio of hours spent in training/combat could be quite interesting from my perspective.
Old 07-07-2020, 04:21 PM   #90
Ansirial

Quote:
Originally Posted by tugais View Post
Hi Ansirial,

I was logging some flight time a few minutes ago and I thought it would be cool and useful to distinguish combat sorties and training sorties. Do you think it's doable and/or relevant to your logbook project ?

The ability to see at a glance the ratio of hours spent in training/combat could be quite interesting from my perspective.
Hi Tugais, thanks for the suggestion! Really really interesting. I realized I have same problem with DCS.

Do you think victories earned during training should be logged? I would avoid double logging...

Tags
logbook, tool, virtual squadrons, website