Several Air-To-Ground issues

Starfighter

Hi, I have a couple of problems with different A2G platforms in the Mirage.

First, in the official manual, it says that the BLG-66 is able to be used in CCRP bombing. However, when I select them, it automatically shows the normal CCIP interface and I have no clue how to change that. Since the Belugas are cluster bombs, it would make a lot more sense for me to release them in a horizontal flight rather than a normal CCIP dive attack for a bigger spread of the clusters, especially since dive attacks in the Mirage appear to be extremely steep and thus reducing the spread of the bomblets even more. For this CCRP would be really helpful I suppose.

Next, will the GBU-24 ever get fixed? It still has a low-res model and doesnt follow laser guidance. I've read in other threads that this is the case for years now. I personally would think that its not THAT much work to make the 24 usable, and it would certainly be nice to have a 1k-guided bomb on the M2K. As far as I know Razbam isnt responsible for the GBUs, but does anyone here know if some officials have ever made a little statement about these in the last time?

Thanks!

Edited by Starfighter

Next, will the GBU-24 ever get fixed? It still has a low-res model and doesnt follow laser guidance.

... I know Razbam isnt responsible for the GBUs, but does anyone here know if some officials have ever made a little statement about these in the last time?

AFAIK the GBU-24 is due a update after the implimentation of GBU-10, GBU-12, and GBU-16 for the Hornet.

We will later add the GBU-24, but this requires some additional work as it has some significant differences from GBU-10/12/16.

The Paveway III, GBU-24 uses proportional steering and it looks like ED want to model that, rather than "copy and paste" the Paveway II code.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3707363&postcount=5

Edited by Ramsay

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080