iPad or Surface Pro as a switchbox?

I just discovered the Streambox XL that some folks are using as a switch box in DCS, and was about to pull the trigger when I realised that I have a brand new iPad mini and Surface Pro 2 tablet w/touchscreen that might be able to do an even better job. I've done a few searches on this in the past without finding anything that is relatively easy to setup - do you folks know how to do this? I'd even be happy to pay for someone with more Helios experience, or whatever it takes, to set up my Surface Pro as a Tomcat panel. I see there's already an amazing Helios export for the Cat, but from my pathetically inferior knowledge, it seems this only works with a second screen connected to my PC, and not via an external device running on the same network?

Intel 11900K/NVIDIA RTX 3090/32GB DDR4 3666/Z590 Asus Maximus motherboard/2TB Samsung EVO Pro/55" LG C9 120Hz @ 4K/Windows 10/Jotunheim Schiit external headphone amp/Virpil HOTAS + MFG Crosswind pedals

This is something I have been thinking too... Duet App enables you to use iPad as a second monitor in OSX and apparently in Windows too. Doesn’t cost too much. I thought of giving this a try with Helios/Ikarus. What i would like to do is to use MFDs and UFC via iPad. Would help quite a bit to be able to use those without reaching for the mouse.

Hmm, like all the posts I've seen online about this, some dating back several years, there's no sign of a solution. I'll keep on waiting a week before splashing out on the Streambox XL.

Intel 11900K/NVIDIA RTX 3090/32GB DDR4 3666/Z590 Asus Maximus motherboard/2TB Samsung EVO Pro/55" LG C9 120Hz @ 4K/Windows 10/Jotunheim Schiit external headphone amp/Virpil HOTAS + MFG Crosswind pedals

• 1 month later...

Good news guys, check out DCS UFC on the app store. Awesome solution!

i use surface go.

L'importante non è stabilire se uno ha paura o meno, è saper convivere con la propria paura e non farsi condizionare dalla stessa. Ecco, il coraggio è questo, altrimenti non è più coraggio ma incoscienza.