Radar Bug or Buff?

DCS FIGHTER PILOT

The Su-27 is a BIG bird, and something that big coming at you at Mach 1 will deliver a pretty decent radar return

i7 - 9700K | 32 GB DDR4 3200 | RTX 2080 | VKB Gunfighter Mk II /w MCG Pro | Virpil T-50CM2 Throttle | TrackIR 5 | VKB Mk. IV

AJS-37 | A/V-8B | A-10C | F-14A/B | F-16C | F-18C | F-86F | FC3 | JF-17 | Ka-50 | L-39 | Mi-8 | MiG-15bis | MiG-19 | MiG-21bis | M2000-C | P-51D | Spitfire LF Mk. IX | UH-1H

RWS, Hi/Med PRF, 6 bar elevation and 140 degree azimuth scan. Bugged an F-16 at 85nm today too. As I said I actually really like this and hope it stays this way.

Seems legit to me. I've had the same experience as well. But I couldn't comment on whether or not that's realistic.

RWS certainly has the output power to see further than TWS for example, so could certainly illuminate a large airframe like the SU enough to pick it out at the ranges you state. The F-16 at 85 ish NM though, personally I would think the 16 should be able to get a little closer before being picked up, but in both cases target aspect should have a significant bearing.

Given the altitude, (and since I don’t think DCS simulates earth curvature) it seems quite plausible that it will be picked out.

Edited by garyscott

Alien desktop PC, Intel i7-8700 CPU@3.20GHz 6 Core, Nvidia GTX 1070, 16GB RAM. TM Warthog stick and Throttles. Saitek ProFlight pedals.