Dynamic Medevac Script

Just saw your post. Give me a day or two to check the mission/script. :)

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VIRPIL CM 50 Stick & Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

Thanks...I have it working now. Id still like to send you my last version of my mission to look at it if that would be ok?
Yes, please. I would like to see if my "combined CTLD and Medevac" works in someone else's mission... basically Ciribob's rewrite if the Medevac script and CTLD with a feature Audax and myself added to dynamically calculate how many people you can pick up, as you cramp armament, fuel onto the Huey and use it up during mission...

Shagrat

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VIRPIL CM 50 Stick & Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

The amount of wounded is limited....it turned away others saying I was full but I cant tell how many I picked up.
There is a parameter for the maximum wounded you can pick up. In the version you use at the moment, that is very limited. A quick glance at the script in the miz you provided above shows many settings set to true but using True with upper case T ! It needs to be all lower case IIRC.

In my version I made the bleed timer optional with levels of urgency instead of a death timer exact to the second.

I'll try integrating it into your miz and if that works, I'll report back and upload it. :)

Shagrat

Update - As your mission was loading half a dozen scripts including CTLD and another script likely CTLDs JTAC already produces multiple script errors. I had to disassemble my combined script. Another problem, we now have multiple scripts trying to create F10 Radio entries and this seems to cause issues. That was one of the reasons I combined CTLD and MEDEVAC scripts, to get one consistent F10 menu with fewer submenus.

I'll build a test mission next week and see if I can get CTLD and MEDEVAC scripts running in parallel.

Shagrat

Quick update, due to a private loss, I have no time at the moment. Last I could test the basic script and found the loadout/number of wounded to transport calculation broken by DCS.

I'll try to upload the test mission and my current version of the script, nonetheless on the weekend.

I can't guarantee I can fix the issue with the loadout calculation, though. Need to find out what has been changed to cause this first. :(

Shagrat

So here is the current state. Please be aware that dynamic loadout calculation does not work correct.

This is based on ciribob's overhaul of Ragnarda's original script.

It will likely conflict with CTLD/MOOSE, when loading multiple scripts that create menu items with a scheduler...

May be you have the time to fix this.

MEDEVAC_TEST.miz

Edited by shagrat

Shagrat

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

I hope someone is still watching this thread. I could use some tips. I have added Medevac to our public server (The Forgotten War 1950-1953) a Korean War PVE. Unfortunately we have to use the Huey as the Bell-47G mod breaks the mission for those without it.

To my issues

I can use the 2014 version of the script but the 2018 version creates a fatal error and crashes DCS.

With that in mind; the 2014 version spams messages constantly to the heli pilot after you pick up a downed pilot or vehicle crew. Is there a way to set the time between messages?

The other thing (so far) is that there is no sling for the 2014 version. Is there a snippet I can steal from the newer version that will work in the older version or do you know of a script that I can add?

Thanks

@shagrat what's difference between showbleedtimer and realisticMSG?
Bleedtimer shows how many seconds remain until the patient dies, the realisticMSG gives you an estimation based on time left, so no timer but a "He's doing fine" when you have time and more urgent messages depending on time remaining. You will not get exact seconds but more and more urgent messages, the closer to death the patient is.

Shagrat

I hope someone is still watching this thread. I could use some tips. I have added Medevac to our public server (The Forgotten War 1950-1953) a Korean War PVE. Unfortunately we have to use the Huey as the Bell-47G mod breaks the mission for those without it.

To my issues

I can use the 2014 version of the script but the 2018 version creates a fatal error and crashes DCS.

With that in mind; the 2014 version spams messages constantly to the heli pilot after you pick up a downed pilot or vehicle crew. Is there a way to set the time between messages?

The other thing (so far) is that there is no sling for the 2014 version. Is there a snippet I can steal from the newer version that will work in the older version or do you know of a script that I can add?

Thanks

I'll check my latest version. Haven't used it in quite a while.

Meanwhile any log that you can share? May have some indication what's going wrong.

Shagrat

Since last night I did get the 2018 script to work by deleting some ground attack AI. I am not sure it was the script for the AI or spawning tank crew that gave the fatal error.

There is the error and then crashdump lines from the log:

2020-03-17 19:54:07.873 INFO SCRIPTING: Event unit - Pilot Ejected or Unit Dead

2020-03-17 19:54:07.883 ERROR SCRIPTING: Error while handling event [string "C:\Users\David\AppData\Local\Temp\DCS.openbeta\/~mis000032AD.lua"]:1746: attempt to get length of field 'freeVHFFrequencies' (a nil value)

2020-03-17 19:54:11.449 INFO SCRIPTING: unit nil MEDEVAC #2

2020-03-17 19:54:11.449 INFO SCRIPTING: unit nil MEDEVAC #3

2020-03-17 19:54:16.462 INFO SCRIPTING: unit nil MEDEVAC #2

2020-03-17 19:54:16.462 INFO SCRIPTING: unit nil MEDEVAC #3

2020-03-17 19:54:20.848 INFO SCRIPTING: Event unit - Pilot Ejected or Unit Dead

2020-03-17 19:54:20.853 ERROR SCRIPTING: Error while handling event [string "C:\Users\David\AppData\Local\Temp\DCS.openbeta\/~mis000032AD.lua"]:1746: attempt to get length of field 'freeVHFFrequencies' (a nil value)

2020-03-17 19:54:21.329 INFO EDCORE: try to write dump information

2020-03-17 19:54:21.342 INFO EDCORE: # -------------- 20200317-195421 --------------

2020-03-17 19:54:21.343 INFO EDCORE: DCS/2.5.6.44266 (x86_64; Windows NT 10.0.18362)

2020-03-17 19:54:21.344 INFO EDCORE: f:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta\bin\Transport.dll

2020-03-17 19:54:21.346 INFO EDCORE: # C0000005 ACCESS_VIOLATION at 020883EA 00:00000000

2020-03-17 19:54:21.385 INFO EDCORE: SymInit: Symbol-SearchPath: '.;f:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta;f:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta\bin;C:\WINDOWS;C:\WINDOWS\system32;SRV*C:\websymbols*http://msdl.microsoft.com/download/symbols;', symOptions: 530, UserName: 'David'

attacted is the entire crash dump zip file.

EDIT: Checked the server this morning and it had indeed crashed after a bit of gameplay.

dcs.log-20200317-195421.zip

Edited by Miles Vorkosigan

• 2 weeks later...

This script has so much potential and the latest version (6.3) ran seamlessly the other night for me. Unfortunately i can't get it to work consistently!

Most of the time the ground infantry keep running circles after their vehicle explode and don't stop to then request the medevac.

Then sometimes they will request medevac but then the 'active medevac/sar' option only works once then it shows nothing at all.

Can any of you talented people check out whats up?

Edited by |DUSTY|
disregard

F-15E | AH-64 | F/A-18C | F-14B | A-10C | UH-1H | Mi-8MTV2 | Ka-50 | SA342 | Super Carrier | Nevada | Persian Gulf | Syria |

Intel Core i7 11700K - 32GB 3200MHz CL16 DDR4 - MSI GeForce RTX 3060 Gaming X 12GB - Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMe SSD 1TB

• 7 months later...
  • 2 years later...

Looks like a great script , sadly i can´t get it to work.  Using latest MIST version and nothing happens.  Have followed the instructions carefully and set the triggers to load the lua files. .  Also tried the supplied test mission and that doesn't work either wich leads me to belive the script is no longer working with later versions of DCS. . The Red side Tanks kills the convoy but no wounded spawns , no messages.   Can someone please confirm if the script is still working before i spend more time?  Would be greatly appreciated.  

• 1 month later...
Am 5.4.2023 um 18:41 schrieb Ingemar:

Looks like a great script , sadly i can´t get it to work.  Using latest MIST version and nothing happens.  Have followed the instructions carefully and set the triggers to load the lua files. .  Also tried the supplied test mission and that doesn't work either wich leads me to belive the script is no longer working with later versions of DCS. . The Red side Tanks kills the convoy but no wounded spawns , no messages.   Can someone please confirm if the script is still working before i spend more time?  Would be greatly appreciated.  

Won't work, as some parts of the dead event has changed since a while.

Shagrat