The New model Viewer is Awesome

sadjad-vosoul

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

ED have gone and do it! FIXED/WORKS NOW

ED Bugger me sideways with a pogo stick!

You've really gone and done it!

You can now get saved games liveries.

1) Create an empty text file : c:\Users\<You know who you are>\Saved Games\edModelViewer2\autoexec.lua

2) Add the line 'mount_vfs_liveries_path("c:/Users/<You know who you are>/Saved Games/DCS.openbeta/Liveries")' & save

3) Open Modelviewer2 (the game version), pick a model you know you have liv's for in saved games, step back and be amazed.

Super thanks ED :)

madwax....

1) Create an empty text file : c:\Users\<You know who you are>\Saved Games\edModelViewer2\autoexec.lua

2) Add the line 'mount_vfs_liveries_path("c:/Users/<You know who you are>/Saved Games/DCS.openbeta/Liveries")' & save

3) Open Modelviewer2 (the game version), pick a model you know you have liv's for in saved games, step back and be amazed.

madwax....

That is hugely helpful! How did you discover this? :book::book:

Thank you so much madmax!! :pilotfly:

Edited by Rwt
Formatting issue

ED thaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaanks , aaaaaaaaaaaaah look at this modelviewer 2 , yeah so shinny and flawless

icon modules dcs small.png

My Liveries : Download Here       IIF Project : Click here       My Discord : Isaac#5625       Iranian DCS Community Discord Channel : Click Here
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
My Gear :

CPU: i5 7500 @ 3.8GHz | Mainboard: ASUS STRIX H270F Gaming | Ram: 32gig 2400 | GPU: ASUS DUAL GTX 1060 6G OC | Monitor: ASUS VG278HE 27" 144Hrz | Headtracker: Open Track + DIY Clips | HOTAS : T.16000M | Mouse & Keyboard: ROG IMPACT II & Cooler Master Devastator 3

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

WISH LIST Maps : Iraq and West of IRAN  | Vietnam 

madwax....

Thank you very much for the tip madwax. It was a long time that I was looking for this. :thumbup:

Take care!

madwax....

Gday madwax,

are you using open beta?

i've gone back to the current stable version and it doesn't work.

good to hear that you've found a work around though. this is something that was able to be done with MV1.

:thumbup:

just to clarify, are you modifying the autoexec.lua file in the eagle dynamics>dcs worls>congig>modelveiwer folder then copying it to the edmodelvierwer2 folder?

or did you mean just create a lua file with a single line as in 2) in your post?

Send lawyers, guns and money......... for the …. has hit the fan.

Windows 10 Home 64-bit | CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 8-Core Processor | RAM: Corsair 32.0GB Dual-Channel | MOBO: ROG STRIX X570-F GAMING (AM4) | GPU: MSI G271CQP on NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 | SSD: Samsung SSD 860 EVO 2TB & Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 1TB for Gaming

CH Fightersick - Pro Throttle - Pro Pedals | Thrustmaster MFD Cougar x 3 | Buddy Fox A-10C UFC

image.jpeg

The new patch cannot change the cubemap in the model viewer. (weather section) Please check that cubemap weather cannot be changed

Confirm, the slider appear to be locked in the latest release

MainMenulogo.png.6e3b585a30c5c1ba684bc2d91f3e37f0.png

ACER Predator Orion 9000: W10H | Intel i9-7900X OC@4.5Ghz | 8x16GB Crucial Ballistix Sport | Sapphire GTX1080TI | Intel 900P 480GB | Intel 600P 256GB | HP EX950 1TB | Seagate Firecuda 2TB

ACER Predator XB281HK: 28" TN G-SYNC 4K@60hz

ThrustMaster Warthog Hotas, TPR, MFD Cougar Pack, HP Reverb Pro

If you over-ride autoexex w/ one in saved games, then you should prolly add the env cubemaps code to that autoexec

local lfs = require("lfs")
local function service_file(file)
return file == "." or
	   file == ".." or 
	   file == ".svn" or 
	   file == "_svn" 
end

function scan_for_textures(path)
local lower_case      = path:lower()
if lower_case:find("liveries") then
   mount_vfs_liveries_path(path)
   return
end
local is_texture_path  = lower_case:find("texture") ~= nil
local mounted_already  = false 
for file in lfs.dir(path) do
	if not service_file(file) then
	   local fn 	  = path.."/"..file
	   local attrMode 	  = lfs.attributes (fn, "mode")     
	   if attrMode == "directory" then
		  scan_for_textures(fn)
	   elseif is_texture_path then
		  local ext = string.sub(file,-4)
		  if '.zip' == ext then
				mount_vfs_texture_path(fn)
		  elseif not mounted_already and (
			 '.dds' == ext or
		     '.bmp' == ext or
			 '.jpg' == ext or
			 '.png' == ext or
			 '.tga' == ext) then
				mount_vfs_texture_path(path)
				mounted_already = true
		  end
	   end
	end
end
end

function scan_for_environment_cubes(path)
local lower_case = path:lower()	
for file in lfs.dir(path) do
	if not service_file(file) then
		local fn = path.."/"..file
		local attrMode = lfs.attributes(fn, "mode")
		if attrMode == "file" then
			local ext = string.sub(file,-4) 
			if '.dds' == ext then
				AddEnvironmentMap(file)
			end
		end
	end
end
end

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

If you over-ride autoexex w/ one in saved games, then you should prolly add the env cubemaps code to that autoexec

The problem isn't the code in autoexec, but the missing EffectViewer folder under Bazar: for some reason the latest OB deleted the folder, I recovered it from the stand-alone package and the slider is working now

Edited by Automan
typo

MainMenulogo.png.6e3b585a30c5c1ba684bc2d91f3e37f0.png

ACER Predator Orion 9000: W10H | Intel i9-7900X OC@4.5Ghz | 8x16GB Crucial Ballistix Sport | Sapphire GTX1080TI | Intel 900P 480GB | Intel 600P 256GB | HP EX950 1TB | Seagate Firecuda 2TB

ACER Predator XB281HK: 28" TN G-SYNC 4K@60hz

ThrustMaster Warthog Hotas, TPR, MFD Cougar Pack, HP Reverb Pro

NEW BUG = ENV bar in weather option doestn work !

icon modules dcs small.png

My Liveries : Download Here       IIF Project : Click here       My Discord : Isaac#5625       Iranian DCS Community Discord Channel : Click Here
My Gear :

CPU: i5 7500 @ 3.8GHz | Mainboard: ASUS STRIX H270F Gaming | Ram: 32gig 2400 | GPU: ASUS DUAL GTX 1060 6G OC | Monitor: ASUS VG278HE 27" 144Hrz | Headtracker: Open Track + DIY Clips | HOTAS : T.16000M | Mouse & Keyboard: ROG IMPACT II & Cooler Master Devastator 3

WISH LIST Maps : Iraq and West of IRAN  | Vietnam 

The problem isn't the code in autoexec, but the missing EffectViewer folder under Bazar: for some reason the latest OB deleted the folder, I recovered it from the stand-alone package and the slider is working now

envcubes is missing, I do not know reasoning, if it's planned or accidental.

can likely copy from rel_branch.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

Does anyone know if there is a way to show bombs and or drop tanks on the aircraft in the model viewer?

I can view bombs, drop tanks and aircraft all separately however when I open the P-51 model I see no options to view the payloads installed on the aircraft.

Does anyone know if there is a way to show bombs and or drop tanks on the aircraft in the model viewer?

I can view bombs, drop tanks and aircraft all separately however when I open the P-51 model I see no options to view the payloads installed on the aircraft.

Load bomb / tank 3d edm then loading your aircraft skin

creator of ED's official F-16C liveries (WP,OS, 132nd, 152nd, 174th)
AH-64D livery contest winner 😅
kim_123456#3214

My user files https://shorturl.at/cdKV5

In bed at mo but I’m sure there’s an add model .....just under where you can load model. This adds what you choose to the current loaded model.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Open Connectors Dialog,

Highlight a pylon, Choose Add Model, Select Bomb EDM.

Repeat for all stations. Will not work if theres a launcher between pylon and stores.

Not familiar at all with the program so perhaps the question is very stuipid. Is it possible to see the cockpit with the program? I want to see as an example the shape of the throttle lever of the Mirage 2000.

Edited by jaguara5