Speculars are messed up

ST0RM

So I'm trying to use several older skins, that were never updated by their creators. I've got them to show up, but the specular files are not included so I'm using the defaults and renaming hem according to the description luas. However, I'm still seeing them as pixelated, overly glossy and showing missing. Any ideas?

So I'm trying to use several older skins, that were never updated by their creators. I've got them to show up, but the specular files are not included so I'm using the defaults and renaming hem according to the description luas. However, I'm still seeing them as pixelated, overly glossy and showing missing. Any ideas?

Sim now using PBR......specular is old....glossy has turned to roughness so spec files show gloss when they shouldn't. Personally I wouldn't bother with them anymore. Use the Rough Metallic method.

Can you post a screenshot of the skin in sim or model viewer (so we see what you see - I'm sure I know what you mean but want to be sure), copy of your description.lua and screenshot of your files.

With regards to the rough metallic you'll find huey files in the download in the link in caseyou are not aware of this method (sorry if you are).

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3303667/

Edited by sunwukong

Right, apparently the 2 files missing from the Un-Official RoughMet Patch shouldn't be missing. I've attached the missing files.

Just put them in the Un-Official RoughMet folder for the Huey and install the mod.

You then can use RoughMet in your liveries.

If I use texture RoughMet, how I have to edit the description.lua thank you very much.

🖥️MSI PRO Z690-A DDR4, Kingston 3600 MHz 64 Gb, i5 12600K, Gigabyte RTX 4090, Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus,🕹️VKB NXT Premium.

Is that right?

{"uh1_main_dam", 0, "uh1-main", false};

{"uh1_main_dam", ROUGHNESS_METALLIC, "uh1_RoughMet", false};

🖥️MSI PRO Z690-A DDR4, Kingston 3600 MHz 64 Gb, i5 12600K, Gigabyte RTX 4090, Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus,🕹️VKB NXT Premium.