[LATER IN EARLY ACCESS] F16 DOES NOT HAVE ANY SKINS AND WILL NOT UPDATE

Kd0321

Can anyone explain why I have no extra skins for the F16 and why it is not updating? I have tried to uninstall and reinstall it I have also tried to repair DCS with no luck. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I also have an issue with gazelle when i.do instant mission I have only one version the one with guided missile and it says USMC.

Hi Kd0321, Welcome to the forums!

The additional skins are being worked on but, have not been included with the aircraft yet. If you go to the user files section of the ED website, you should find an excellent selection of user created skins from many of the talented artists in the community. That will hopefully help fill the gap while the ED artists do their thing.

If you need help installing the user created skins feel free to ask.

As far as the updates; are you running the open beta or stable version of DCS? If the former, an update should be available. If the latter, then you will have to wait for the next stable branch update to see the changes.

Edited by Repth

Loads of good skins in the user files. Definately look in there. Some decent missions also.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

AMP WIZARD "Forest Gumble" "When the air becomes electric....It's like a box of chocolates":captain:

Windows 11 Pro 64 bit | Intel Alder Lake i7 12700KF | Asus Prime Z690M Plus D4 | CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 64GB (2 x 32GB) DDR4 3200 | EVGA GTX 1070 SC @1594MHz/4000 MHz 8GB | 1x42" Multi Touch Screen and 1x27" 4k widescreen | Saitek x52 Pro |

Thanks I have tried to install the skins just will not show up I think it is the way I labeled the folder. Do you know anything about the gazelle why I am only getting one version. I am very new at dcs still have a lot to learn.

download a skin drom userfiles section (or somewhere else)

extract the file from rar or zip as a folder

put the folder into the folder below (if there is no f-16c_50 folder or liveries folder, just create one) ;

C:\Users"USERNAME"\Saved Games"DCS VERSION NAME"\Liveries\F-16C_50

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5