Big Problem Beating Static Tanks Instant Mission

MADLOU1

I am really loving the Gazelle and have spent quite a few hours on it. I have mastered the two piloting skill improvement instant missions. However, I am having a real problem with the static tanks instant mission. I do my best to sneak up on the tanks without being seen, but when I pop up to line up a missile shot, one or more of tanks seems to instantly zero in on me and shoot me down. The rarely miss. I have attempted this mission a zillion times and I can't figure it out. I did find one youtube video of someone peaking over a building very slightly and shooting the tanks but I just can't seem to get that to work for me. Really frustrating.

Any tips? Maybe I just need more practice.. .

Well, this is one of the cases where you can admire how realistic the AI is:

- they instantly know where you are no matter what. You need to get to 4.3 km, they shoot at you from 4.5 km. If you play hide and seek you're dead.

- If on the other hand you just fly straight at them they won't shoot at you even if you get close enough to shake their hands. They might shoot at you when you've passed them and fly away again.

- So, if I want to shoot tanks I go to a sufficient altitude, stabilize in their direction, engage altitude hold (or adjust collective to fly level) and fly towards them at around 120 km/h. Shoot one or two, turn around, maybe weave through the buildings to feel important and then just rinse and repeat.

I don't need to tell you how realistic this is but it works...

"[...] because, basically, in this day and age, if you get to the merge and no one's died - it's not good for anybody." - Keith 'Okie' Nance
"Nun siegt mal schön!" - Theodor Heuss, September 1958

"Nobody has any intention of building a wall." - Walter Ulbricht, June 1961
"Russia has no plans to invade either Ukraine or any other country.
" - Vladimir Chizhov, Russia's ambassador to the EU, January 2022