FW-190 Anton or Dora?

Sound very good, mate! Besides the not existing damage model of the engine, are there any other bugs you can talk about?
There are some people complaining about the forward visibility and the lack of properly refracted light going through the armor glass. Honestly, it's not a big problem. People are just nitpicking about it, and it doesn't impede visibility a whole lot. Besides, it looks the same as it does in other games that have a 190

Hardware: T-16000M Pack, Saitek 3 Throttle Quadrant, Homemade 32-function Leo Bodnar Button Box, MFG Crosswind Pedals Oculus Rift S

System Specs: MSI MPG X570 GAMING PLUS, GTX 1070 SC2, AMD RX3700, 32GB DDR4-3200, Samsung 860 EVO, Samsung 970 EVO 250GB

Modules: Ka-50, Mi-8MTV2, FC3, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-5E, P-51D, Spitfire Mk LF Mk. IXc, Bf-109K-4, Fw-190A-8

Maps: Normandy, Nevada

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

@Vanir, thanx for your contribution. Unfortunately it has nothing to do with my original question concenring the two modules here in DCS. So it doesn´t help me on the decision which module to purchase. ;-)

Sorry, I usually use a technical review to help me decide a type :D

You know you'll end up buying both eventually anyway :laugh:

In case you're wondering what Zach writes about: it's "the bar". :smartass:
Aaargh! That's the most confusing and/or obscure way to describe it. It's not just a bar. Saying that a bar is blocking your view sounds like you have a long piece of metal obviously striking through your view, like there's something in between you, your gunsight, and the armored glass.

What it is is the bottom edge of the armored glass, drawn to look like it is a FRAME for it. Frame ≠ bar

/end angry rant

Hardware: T-16000M Pack, Saitek 3 Throttle Quadrant, Homemade 32-function Leo Bodnar Button Box, MFG Crosswind Pedals Oculus Rift S

System Specs: MSI MPG X570 GAMING PLUS, GTX 1070 SC2, AMD RX3700, 32GB DDR4-3200, Samsung 860 EVO, Samsung 970 EVO 250GB

Modules: Ka-50, Mi-8MTV2, FC3, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-5E, P-51D, Spitfire Mk LF Mk. IXc, Bf-109K-4, Fw-190A-8

Maps: Normandy, Nevada

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

[quote=vanir;3997545

You know you'll end up buying both eventually anyway :laugh:

Well, I´m afraid you´re right... :music_whistling:

X-56 HOTAS, TFRP Pedals

Modules: F-5E, FC3, F/A-18C, Mirage 2000 C, AV-8BNA, FW-190 A-8, F-16C Viper

SystemSpecs: AMD A8-6600K (4x3,9GHz), 16 GB RAM, NVidia GeForce GTX1070 8GB, WIN10 64bit

After reading all of the previous posts, I see some people picking one or the other based on the qualities of the real aircraft. Others based their opinion on the merits of these two planes as offered by DCS, which is really what the original question was about. I remember being told time and time again, as a student, RTFQ before you answer. :doh:

TWC_SLAG

Win 10 64 bit, 2T Hard Drive, 1T SSD, 500GB SSD, ASUS Prime Z390 MB, Intel i9 9900 Coffee Lake 3.1mhz CPU, ASUS 2070 Super GPU, 32gb DDR4 Ram, Track IR5, 32” Gigabyte curved monitor, TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Pedals, Voice Attack, hp Reverb G2.

Aaargh! That's the most confusing and/or obscure way to describe it. It's not just a bar. Saying that a bar is blocking your view sounds like you have a long piece of metal obviously striking through your view, like there's something in between you, your gunsight, and the armored glass.

What it is is the bottom edge of the armored glass, drawn to look like it is a FRAME for it. Frame ≠ bar

/end angry rant

You are right, of course.

The term "bar" has been around since the FW190 entered service in a now long obsolete WW2 flight sim many years ago. As inacurate as it is, it's a classic. ;)

Windows 10 64bit, Intel i9-9900@5Ghz, 32 Gig RAM, MSI RTX 3080 TI, 2 TB SSD, 43" 2160p@1440p monitor.

There is a simple solution to it, buy Dora then if you want to feel Anton mount 500kg bomb and thats it :)

System specs: I7 14700KF, Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite, 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, Gigabyte RTX 4090,Win 11, 48" OLED LG TV + 42" LG LED monitor

If I could only have one Fw190 variant, it would be the A5. But given the choice between the A8 and the D9, the D9 is the only way to go if you are like me and prefer air-to-air combat.

well, thanks for contributing. Please see the second sentence in the initial post: my main interest is AG... ;-)

X-56 HOTAS, TFRP Pedals

SystemSpecs: AMD A8-6600K (4x3,9GHz), 16 GB RAM, NVidia GeForce GTX1070 8GB, WIN10 64bit

Hello Stefan,

To directly answer your original question: as I fly both (and both are among my most favourite aircraft), I would buy the A8.

This is the A/G aircraft you want;

Both models are very refined and of high quality, and even though the A8 is still recent and not yet finished, I do not have that impression at all while flying. Both fly very well and I did not encounter any specific bugs or missing things in the A8.

Just my opinion!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hello Stefan,

To directly answer your original question: as I fly both (and both are among my most favourite aircraft), I would buy the A8.

This is the A/G aircraft you want;

Both models are very refined and of high quality, and even though the A8 is still recent and not yet finished, I do not have that impression at all while flying. Both fly very well and I did not encounter any specific bugs or missing things in the A8.

Just my opinion!

Hi tflash, thanks you, really appreciate your opinion. Reading more and more feedbacks and opinions, I think the A8 will be right for me...

X-56 HOTAS, TFRP Pedals

Hello,

I would recommend waiting for the FW190F8 or getting the Dora. The dora can carry similar ordinance to the A8 but it can also escape enemy aircraft. If an A8 is found by allied aircraft it cant get away and does not stand much of a chance in air to air combat.

I think the F8s much larger payloads would justify the vulnerability to enemy aircraft over the Dora but not the A8. Though I don't know if the F8 will be included with the A8 or if it will be a seperate module. ED has said very little regarding the F8 and there is also the question of how long until it is available.

Edited by Snapage

Hello,

I would recommend waiting for the FW190F8 or getting the Dora. The dora can carry similar ordinance to the A8 but it can also escape enemy aircraft. If an A8 is found by allied aircraft it cant get away and does not stand much of a chance in air to air combat.

I think the F8s much larger payloads would justify the vulnerability to enemy aircraft over the Dora but not the A8. Though I don't know if the F8 will be included with the A8 or if it will be a seperate module. ED has said very little regarding the F8 and there is also the question of how long until it is available.

Hi, thanks for your thoughts... Referring to the payloads that´s what i had in mind as well... But the 6 barrels of the Anton seem to be very "sexy"... ;-)

X-56 HOTAS, TFRP Pedals

• 3 weeks later...
There are some people complaining about the forward visibility and the lack of properly refracted light going through the armor glass. Honestly, it's not a big problem. People are just nitpicking about it, and it doesn't impede visibility a whole lot. Besides, it looks the same as it does in other games that have a 190

Any other proper simulation of the 190 has this "bar" correctly shown. It is a big deal. If it wasn't ED wouldn't of wasted their time fixing it on both the dora and the A. ;)

The fact is taht is really important. When trying to get an ennemy fighter, it is important to have a good forward vision.

It wasn't reported for D9 because the sight is a bit above the armor glass bar. But for the A8, the sight was almost half in this bar. So it's a great improvement for fighter.

It was not as critical as the impossibility to drop bomb, but it was as important as the color of the windshield itself :)

I will answer to topic question.

BOTH

Yeah, that would be the easiest choice... ;-)

X-56 HOTAS, TFRP Pedals