Disappearing warship

Padonis

Yesterday we were flying with friends on the map of the Persian Gulf.

In our mission at sea, a "Grisha-5" frigate, a warship, arises. We noticed that when we approach him, she suddenly disappears, only waves from the bow of the ship on the water and a wake are visible. After increasing the distance from the ship appears again.

Immediately after returning home I put pictures of this phenomenon.

• 2 months later...

Encountered the same problem today (14.09.2019). Grisha is visible from the distance, but once we get closer, it disappears. We've got points system in our mission. For specific actions both teams earn points. Once one of the teams has enough points, they can choose to spawn the frigate, and then the problem occurs. The mission is not really heavy, but has some triggers in order to be able to use the scoring system. Later I'll try to provide a track to show the problem. We don't use any mods.

• ED Team

Remove all unofficial mods and run a cleanup and repair ( or verify cache for steam ).

If you still have the problem please attach a short track showing the issue and we will take a look.

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Encountered the same problem today (14.09.2019). Grisha is visible from the distance, but once we get closer, it disappears. We've got points system in our mission. For specific actions both teams earn points. Once one of the teams has enough points, they can choose to spawn the frigate, and then the problem occurs. The mission is not really heavy, but has some triggers in order to be able to use the scoring system. Later I'll try to provide a track to show the problem. We don't use any mods.

Solution, goto Bazar\World\Shapes in DCS directory and locate 'albatros.lods' and open with Notepad++ and change the contents to:

model = {

lods = {

{"albatros.edm",100000.000000};

};

collision_shell = "albatros-collision.edm";

}

as a sidenote the 'Rezky' model also shares a similar problem and can be fixed in the same way.

Is it not a more general problem with ships disappearing in MP? This bug existed some years ago and was solved but it reappeared a few patches ago. Got occurrences of ship disappearance too with the Tarawa in MP, also when getting close.

Never ever seen a ship vanish at close range, only at 10km or greater ranges.

In our mission at sea, a "Grisha-5" frigate, a warship, arises. We noticed that when we approach him, she suddenly disappears, only waves from the bow of the ship on the water and a wake are visible. After increasing the distance from the ship appears again.

If it's late activation you're using it's that bug that's been brought to my attention. We've encountered it as well. I posted the same problem back awhile ago. According to Bignewy in another connected thread the problem has been reported. https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=246061

Edited by 75th-VFS-Striker

Nvidia GTX-1080

Intel i7-4820K 3.7 Ghz

ASUS ROG Rampage IV Extreme MB

32 GB Memory

Windows 7 Pro 64 Bit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

We put it down to general DCS weirdness, but if others are also experiencing this, it may be a bug ������

Definitely a DCS late activation bug. We've tested it extensively and if run the exact same scenario (no mods, no scripts), the ships are complete if started at the beginning of the mission and disappear if you have them late activated. The late activation we tested is just the normal mission builder setting. If you leave the server and come back in they appear normal.

Nvidia GTX-1080

Intel i7-4820K 3.7 Ghz

32 GB Memory

Windows 7 Pro 64 Bit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I have seen this also in a multiplayer mission we developed, with a scripted spawn-in via the F10 menu of a Russian warship. (We don’t use any mods by the way)

It also proved difficult to kill with the Viggen’s sea skimming missiles, appearing to fly right through the target.

Up close you could just see a wake moving across the ocean.

We put it down to general DCS weirdness, but if others are also experiencing this, it may be a bug ������

That is EXACTLY what we have experienced. We also use F10 spawn menu, and we don't use ANY mods either. Well, good to know that we are not the only ones…

@75th-VFS-Striker, That's a very nice find by you guys, about that late activation. Great job!

• ED Team

Attach a short track or a small mission showing this happen we can confirm it as a bug or already reported then.

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Attach a short track or a small mission showing this happen we can confirm it as a bug or already reported then.

I don't understand. I thought that this was a confirmed problem going way back according to several other posts.

Nvidia GTX-1080

Intel i7-4820K 3.7 Ghz

32 GB Memory

Windows 7 Pro 64 Bit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• ED Team
I don't understand. I thought that this was a confirmed problem going way back according to several other posts.

Yes that is reported.

I just wanted to confirm this is not something different.