VAICOM PRO plugin for VoiceAttack

Hollywood_315

20 hours ago, MAXsenna said:

When you say the command. Do you get a double beep? I do sometimes. And then it won't change to the ATC page no matter what. This happens to me often, but sometimes it's all well. Not sure if this is module specific, as I haven't bothered to test that much.
Cheers!

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

No, not that I have noticed.

I just ran a test mission and I didn't get a double beep but the ATC page was not accessible.

On 4/15/2022 at 10:47 AM, Japo32 said:

What worries me is the long time to reply. That, with the lack of communication here and time to have real updates, seems that Vaicom is dying. Hope I am wrong.

Agree 100%. 

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

7 hours ago, Wood said:

Agree 100%. 

I bought it the other day, the whole package at 19 euros, rather regretting the purchase now because all it did was crash my DCS game every time I ran with It enabled! Removed the plugin and the game was fine.

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700K CPU @ 3.80GHz, 3792 Mhz, 64Gb RAM, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090,

CONTROLS: VPC Rotor TCS Base, VPC Hawk-60 Collective Grip, VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Base, VPC Constellation ALPHA Prime [R], Thrustmaster Warthog – Throttle, Thrustmaster TPR - Pendular Rudder Pedals, Honeycomb Alpha Flight Control (For Anubis C-130 Hercules), Meta Quest Pro.

SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11,

I bought it the other day, the whole package at 19 euros, rather regretting the purchase now because all it did was crash my DCS game every time I ran with It enabled! Removed the plugin and the game was fine.
That's too bad. How did it crash it?
Have you other apps that use the export.lua?

1 hour ago, MAXsenna said:

That's too bad. How did it crash it?
Have you other apps that use the export.lua?

I got the grey box that said DCS has crashed creating a report I think that's it below. Found in Logs file. I have SRS, DCS-BIOS and other files running in the export lua. I'll play with it later and see how it goes. Frustrating but challenging at the same time. Google is my friend. The guy on you tube "Hollywood" has loads of vids, but I find them a tadge difficult in following his setup. Thanks for your interest.

dcs.log-20220428-114926.zip

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700K CPU @ 3.80GHz, 3792 Mhz, 64Gb RAM, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090,

CONTROLS: VPC Rotor TCS Base, VPC Hawk-60 Collective Grip, VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Base, VPC Constellation ALPHA Prime [R], Thrustmaster Warthog – Throttle, Thrustmaster TPR - Pendular Rudder Pedals, Honeycomb Alpha Flight Control (For Anubis C-130 Hercules), Meta Quest Pro.

SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11,

24 minutes ago, Mordants said:

I got the grey box that said DCS has crashed creating a report I think that's it below. Found in Logs file. I have SRS, DCS-BIOS and other files running in the export lua. I'll play with it later and see how it goes. Frustrating but challenging at the same time. Google is my friend. The guy on you tube "Hollywood" has loads of vids, but I find them a tadge difficult in following his setup. Thanks for your interest.

dcs.log-20220428-114926.zip 121.42 kB · 0 downloads

Roger! I'm on my cell. Will check the log later. 

Could you also post the log from VoiceAttack? And in the VAICOM control panel, you can turn in debug to get more info. 

Reason I asked about the export.lua, is that sometimes the order can be pocky, though I've never heard of of VAICOM crashing DCS before. 

One VERY important note though. ALWAYS shutdown VoiceAttack BEFORE you update DCS, and start VA again BEFORE you start DCS, as VAICOM does some files checks/updates when it starts. 

Cheers! 

New user trying to config for UH-1H; a little lost -- tried reading manual and google searches but everything seems to be beyond what I'm trying to accomplish -- I got this thing thinking the immersion factor was the benefit, but maybe I'm misunderstanding the specific use cases here.

1.  Physical UH-1H PTT keys: As I understand, the trigger on cyclic is the PTT for radios -- what I'm uncertain about: some folks say it's a two stage (one for ICS and one for radio) and there's two keybinds in-game to support that, but the normal mode in vaicom seems to only support one tx channel.  I can do multi-channel, but then that opens all the TXs; guessing there's no way to setup just a ICS channel and a all radio channel (AM/FM/UHF)?

2. I want some 'admin' commands while in VR to be without PTT -- I created a profile that is referenced in vaicom one -- active PTT Hot mic and that is good to go.  Can speak those commands, they enter key inputs into game using VA.

3.  I want a few crew commands to be without PTT (spoken) but very few (like while noise level is down from engine being off); can follow method in #2 above while also checking for UH-1H as a variable; good to go.

4.  And now problems:  I want crew/copilot commands (issued while engine is on, so most of them) using VA to trigger key inputs in-game, but I wanted to use the vaicom PTT function for ICS/internal.  Ie. have to set channel to ICS and use PTT for crew to hear over intercom system.  Functionally, this is not necessary -- just going for immersion as I thought that was the value of the vaicom plugin.  I also haven't tackled MP yet, but ideally this would be setup in a way that allows me to speak AI crew commands or MP VOIP to any internal crew members without broadcasting over radio.   I don't see how to set one of the TX variables as active as a pre-condition for a VA command.  Any insight on getting this accomplished or is this just too far outside the cope of vaicom?

5.  The variables you can access with vaicom seem a bit limited -- I'm guessing there's no crew ROE/autopilot status/weapons selected/etc variables that can be accessed, right?  The ones listed in the manual are the full list?

Any insights on the real physical UH-1H comms system or how to use TX transmit as precondition for custom VA key input commands is helpful.  Thanks.

New user trying to config for UH-1H; a little lost -- tried reading manual and google searches but everything seems to be beyond what I'm trying to accomplish -- I got this thing thinking the immersion factor was the benefit, but maybe I'm misunderstanding the specific use cases here.
1.  Physical UH-1H PTT keys: As I understand, the trigger on cyclic is the PTT for radios -- what I'm uncertain about: some folks say it's a two stage (one for ICS and one for radio) and there's two keybinds in-game to support that, but the normal mode in vaicom seems to only support one tx channel.  I can do multi-channel, but then that opens all the TXs; guessing there's no way to setup just a ICS channel and a all radio channel (AM/FM/UHF)?
2. I want some 'admin' commands while in VR to be without PTT -- I created a profile that is referenced in vaicom one -- active PTT Hot mic and that is good to go.  Can speak those commands, they enter key inputs into game using VA.
3.  I want a few crew commands to be without PTT (spoken) but very few (like while noise level is down from engine being off); can follow method in #2 above while also checking for UH-1H as a variable; good to go.
4.  And now problems:  I want crew/copilot commands (issued while engine is on, so most of them) using VA to trigger key inputs in-game, but I wanted to use the vaicom PTT function for ICS/internal.  Ie. have to set channel to ICS and use PTT for crew to hear over intercom system.  Functionally, this is not necessary -- just going for immersion as I thought that was the value of the vaicom plugin.  I also haven't tackled MP yet, but ideally this would be setup in a way that allows me to speak AI crew commands or MP VOIP to any internal crew members without broadcasting over radio.   I don't see how to set one of the TX variables as active as a pre-condition for a VA command.  Any insight on getting this accomplished or is this just too far outside the cope of vaicom?
5.  The variables you can access with vaicom seem a bit limited -- I'm guessing there's no crew ROE/autopilot status/weapons selected/etc variables that can be accessed, right?  The ones listed in the manual are the full list?
Any insights on the real physical UH-1H comms system or how to use TX transmit as precondition for custom VA key input commands is helpful.  Thanks.

@Eskander
Very interesting take on this. Like it. Really deserves it's own thread.
But yes. The immersion factor is the benefit, and nothing comes close to it regarding radio communication.

1. If you have a dual stage trigger you can set TX5 up as first stage as the ICS, and second stage as TX1/Radio. Even though that is sort of redundant, because as you know, you don't order the crew with the radio menu, but keybinds, and you solve that with its own VA profile in 2, and as you say. You need to select MULTI. I have made request somewhere for VAICOM to support ICS/TX5 in helis.
But yeah! That would have been cool to order the crew directly with TX5.
If you do setup TX5, it will only be for the ground crew if you select multi, and/or for ICS in MP.

2. Solved by you

3. Interesting. But not achievable out of the box. I would call it a DCS limitation anyway. But there are ways. Unfortunately an update to VAICOM broke or removed the possibility to talk to ground crew while enabling REL/HOT. And the idea is awesome. Engine off, ground enabled with REL/HOT. Engine on, needs intercom. This could probably "easily" be supported by the developer if he wanted too. Since it pseudo worked in this way before.

4. The scope of VAICOM is comms and not KEYBINDS. (But there are ways). For MP this will work out of the box in Voice Chat or SRS, just configure first stage as ICS in those two.
The variables are exactly for doing cool things with ordinary VA commands.
I use it for switch my TXs hardware input depending on the module I'm in. Different throttles and sticks for the Warthog, Viper and various helicopters ie. in one single VAICOM profile. There's a dedicated thread for it in this forum. It also touches upon (same procedure really) my next paragraph.
I have a "catch all" VA profile where I can say "gear up" and different keystrokes for different modules will be executed.

5. Like I said. VAICOM focuses on radio comms. But if you read the manual, it seems the plan in the long run was to also be used for "cockpit commands". But it can be achieved.
By your last paragraph, are you referring to the radio transmit selection wheel?
VAICOM can tune the UHF radio, and will turn the wheel to 2 if you tell it to tune to an airfield etc. Unfortunately, you cannot tune to preset or specific frequency, and not control the other radios.

To achieve more of what you want. You can add DCS-Bios to VA, and mix it with VAICOM, to achieve most or maybe ALL of what you want. Download Bailey's L-39 VA profile for examples.
I'm working on some cool profiles, but definitely use VAICOMs variables with it.
Word of note. DCS tracks do not support neither DCS-Bios nor VAICOM. Not sure if they are working in MP.

Cheers!

Hi all. Long time lurker, first time poster.

A couple of nights ago I installed VA Pro and Vaicom Pro, but I can't get it to operate anything in DCS. VA is recognising my inputs, but I'm getting "No ATC available" in the log and otherwise absolutely no response from DCS (can't tune a radio, contact ground crew, etc.).

The PTT panel doesn't display the name of the aircraft either, so I figured I had a .lua problem. I've gone through the manual install of .lua files in the instructions, but I just can't get it to work and it's driving me mental because I really like how it is supposed to operate!

It may be worth noting that my setup does use export.lua for a few things, being WinWing Take Off and Combat Ready panels and DDI viewports to second and third 600x600 screens. I've checked the release/open beta and standalone/steam sliders and set the custom DCS path (tried a few folders for this as I wasn't sure which to use). I was initially using the stable release, but switched it over to open beta when the AH-64D dropped.

Please help! I'm losing my mind!

5600X, EVGA RTX 3070 FTW3 Ultra, 32GB (4x8GB) 3600MHz Cl14, Hero VIII X570, 1TB NVMe + 2x 1TB SSD, custom loop, O-11D, 34" Ultrawide.

WinWing Orion 2 stick w Hornet grip, WW Super Taurus F/A18 throttle, WW T/O & CR panels, MFG Crosswind V3, 3 x TM Cougar MFDs with screens, WinWing F/A18 UFC, TekCreations annunciator panels, DelanClip & PSEye mod.

IRL trained to fly in Australian Army Aviation Corps. Hard Quiz, s06e06 Top Gun expert (IYKYK).

Hi all. Long time lurker, first time poster.
A couple of nights ago I installed VA Pro and Vaicom Pro, but I can't get it to operate anything in DCS. VA is recognising my inputs, but I'm getting "No ATC available" in the log and otherwise absolutely no response from DCS (can't tune a radio, contact ground crew, etc.).
The PTT panel doesn't display the name of the aircraft either, so I figured I had a .lua problem. I've gone through the manual install of .lua files in the instructions, but I just can't get it to work and it's driving me mental because I really like how it is supposed to operate!
It may be worth noting that my setup does use export.lua for a few things, being WinWing Take Off and Combat Ready panels and DDI viewports to second and third 600x600 screens. I've checked the release/open beta and standalone/steam sliders and set the custom DCS path (tried a few folders for this as I wasn't sure which to use). I was initially using the stable release, but switched it over to open beta when the AH-64D dropped.
Please help! I'm losing my mind!
Hi! Post screen grabs off all your settings, and the VoiceAttack log from when you start VoiceAttack. You don't need to start DCS.
Cheers!

23 minutes ago, MAXsenna said:

Hi! Post screen grabs off all your settings, and the VoiceAttack log from when you start VoiceAttack. You don't need to start DCS.
Cheers!

Thank you, sir.

I hope these are what you need. Do you want to see the .lua files?

VA log VP Config.png

VP Preferences.png

VP PTT.png

VA settings general.png

VA settings system.png

5600X, EVGA RTX 3070 FTW3 Ultra, 32GB (4x8GB) 3600MHz Cl14, Hero VIII X570, 1TB NVMe + 2x 1TB SSD, custom loop, O-11D, 34" Ultrawide.

WinWing Orion 2 stick w Hornet grip, WW Super Taurus F/A18 throttle, WW T/O & CR panels, MFG Crosswind V3, 3 x TM Cougar MFDs with screens, WinWing F/A18 UFC, TekCreations annunciator panels, DelanClip & PSEye mod.

IRL trained to fly in Australian Army Aviation Corps. Hard Quiz, s06e06 Top Gun expert (IYKYK).

Auto install VA log below.

I think I have a several export.lua backups at the moment! All from different versions depending on the peripherals I had at the time...

VA log auto install.png

• Like 1

Thanks for taking the time and replying.

By full repair, do you mean all the tickboxes in the Reset tab in Vaicom PTT?

• Like 1

Thanks for taking the time and replying.
By full repair, do you mean all the tickboxes in the Reset tab in Vaicom PTT?
No. A repair of DCS. VAICOM puts files in the core structure, that needs to be updated after every DCS update. And that sometimes won't work if one starts DCS before VA after a DCS update. Some times it's remedied by starting VA first if it is already broken, but seems you've passed that point. And I don't think a manual installation helps in this regard. B never v tried that.

5 minutes ago, MAXsenna said:

No. A repair of DCS. VAICOM puts files in the core structure, that needs to be updated after every DCS update. And that sometimes won't work if one starts DCS before VA after a DCS update. Some times it's remedied by starting VA first if it is already broken, but seems you've passed that point. And I don't think a manual installation helps in this regard. B never v tried that.

Ripper, thanks heaps.

I'll repair DCS tomorrow and report back. 

• Like 1

@MAXsennaStill nada.

I had to use the command prompt repair method, but I didn't do a cleanup first as I wanted to see if I could avoid having to re-do all the other .lua mods for iUFC, WinWing and DDI viewports. Is it worth running a cleanup then repeating the process?

I don't know if it's relevant, but there are two DCS folders in my user/saved games - DCS and DCS.openbeta. The VAICOMPRO folder does appear in both, though iUFCExport.lua and TacviewGameExport.lua only appear in the DCS/Scripts.

VA log VP post repair.png

Saved Games folders.png

@Roller83
I'm an idiot! You confused me with having done a manual installation, so I didn't pay attention.
The error is in the log, clear as day. And the error is this. In the VAICOM control panel, you have pointed the path to your Saved Games DCS folder, and not the DCS core program installation folder.
Fix that, and I guess well solve this.
Should be something like
C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS.openbeta

Cheers!

• Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, MAXsenna said:

@Roller83
I'm an idiot! You confused me with having done a manual installation, so I didn't pay attention. emoji2361.png
The error is in the log, clear as day. And the error is this. In the VAICOM control panel, you have pointed the path to your Saved Games DCS folder, and not the DCS core program installation folder.
Fix that, and I guess well solve this.
Should be something like
C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS.openbeta

Cheers!

I confuse a lot of people. 😄 

You're a legend, it is working now (mostly). I could call ground crew and get them to connect power, etc. but it still won't talk to ATC. As a test, I left pilot voice on; the ground crew commands are repeated, but not the ATC calls. When I say 'Nellis' is get the beep, then when I "request taxi to runway" I get the thud.

VA working ATC not available.png

• Like 1

I confuse a lot of people.  
You're a legend, it is working now (mostly). I could call ground crew and get them to connect power, etc. but it still won't talk to ATC. As a test, I left pilot voice on; the ground crew commands are repeated, but not the ATC calls. When I say 'Nellis' is get the beep, then when I "request taxi to runway" I get the thud.
1414222137_VAworkingATCnotavailable.thumb.png.19df10893368d1166366008b75a6e0ca.png
Try "Nellis select" - beeep - "request taxi to runway"

I use VSPX because it just works better for me.
I then go "Nellis request taxi to runway"

I wonder if @Hollywood_315 is going to do an add on for George AI for the Apache?

• Like 1

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

In my case I won't buy any other addon for Vaicom until work is done to fix multiple bugs the program has. When that occurs and I see active support here back in forums from him, I sure will support it again.

• Like 2