Neutral coalition doesn't work anymore ... :(

TOViper

Hi folks,

Since a very long time (at least half a year), I am working on a multiplayer mission where I use the NEUTRAL coalition (with the trick having in the MissionEditor.lua the option "test_addNeutralCoalition" set to "true").

I was able to easily place aircraft on the map, and during many multiplayer sessions I tested all this together with a friend, and it worked great.

Unfortunately, after updating to latest OpenBeta 2.5.5.34108, the NEUTRAL coalition doesn't work anymore in the mission editor. After clicking on a neutral unit, it immediately switches to BLUE coalition, and cannot be changed anymore.

Please, can we have the NEUTRAL coalition back?

Thanks!

Kind regards,

TOViper

Visit https://www.viggen.training
...Viggen... what more can you ask for?

my computer:
AMD Ryzen 5600G | NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti OC 11GB | 32 GB 3200 MHz DDR4 DUAL | SSD 980 256 GB SYS + SSD 2TB DCS | TM Warthog Stick + Throttle + TPR | Rift CV1

Its not enabled by default for a reason, so I don't think it is a supported feature at present.

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

As Grimes said, this feature has never been released. It is/was a WIP feature not yet intended for public use. That said, have you checked the MissionEditor.lua if you just have to enable the neutral coalition again?

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

That said, have you checked the MissionEditor.lua if you just have to enable the neutral coalition again?

Of course I did.

One thing came up in the new version:

Creating units with country "Switzerland" (in my mission this country ever has been NEUTRAL) is no longer possible, the country simple doesn't appear in the drop-down menu anymore.

Doing this step in the older version, "Switzerland" can be selected from the drop-down menu, and the units can be created.

It seems countries assigned to NEUTRAL cannot be used in any way anymore, which is really a sad story.

I would appreciate if ED would re-enable this wonderful feature of having neutral units on the map, and start giving us some simple rules for configuring their behavior in conjunction with red and blue forces.

Edited by TOViper

my computer:
AMD Ryzen 5600G | NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti OC 11GB | 32 GB 3200 MHz DDR4 DUAL | SSD 980 256 GB SYS + SSD 2TB DCS | TM Warthog Stick + Throttle + TPR | Rift CV1

• 4 weeks later...

It is a pity that this experimental feature does not work anymore. We would really need that as an official feature in the mission editor. Please give us this function back.

Module: viel zu viele...

Warte auf: Fulda Gap, MiG-23, xy (4th. Gen RED) und mehr neue und alte Propeller wie P-38, Corsair, DC-3, Transall, Tucano usw.

Projekt: OpenFlightSchool -> Thread

• 2 weeks later...

I did not use it yet, because the last time I tested it it didn't function correctliy, but it would be really needed to simulate civilians or other countries not involved in the war.

Louis|Dancer, foundation member of the digital Swiss Air Force, a group of enthusiasts trying to imitate everything that has to do with Swiss military aviation on dcs. If you want to join us, contact us via instagram.

our youtube chanel:dSAF

our instagram:dSAF

my rusty pc: msi gtx1080ti / ryzen 5 2600x / ga-ab350 gaming motherboard / 16gb ram / rift cv1 / warthog

For me a working neutral coalition is still important for designing my missions.

Two or three updates ago - even if neutral coaltions where activated in the MissionEditor.lua - it changed in that way that now by simply clicking on a neutral unit it changes to blue coalition. The unit cannot be changed back to neutral.

my computer:

• 3 weeks later...

It does work properly in the actual release version.

You can have a neutral coallition working perfectly

As someome mentioned before you only have to edit the MisionEditor.lua

and remove the comments at the begining of the text

initially it says this:

--test_addNeutralCoalition = true

it should say this:

test_addNeutralCoalition = true

I am attaching mine here.

You have to place it in the Main directory \Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\MissionEditor.

What I do not understand is why does not already come as default.

Enjoy,:thumbup:

MissionEditor.lua

It does work properly in the actual release version.

You can have a neutral coallition working perfectly

Can you click on a neutral unit without changing it into blue or red in the same second? This wasn't possible for me in the last OpenBeta.

So far I didn't try it in the newest OpenBeta version 2.5.5.36986 ...

my computer:

+1, has to be an official feature. Now you can't place static objects in a battle zone, because they get attacked by the enemy faction. Really sucks when red tanks attack the water tower you placed as scenery instead of the enemy tanks..

"Sieh nur, wie majestätisch du durch die Luft segelst. Wie ein Adler. Ein fetter Adler."

http://www.space-view.net

For me it is working OK in the release version. I do not use the Open Beta so I cannot tell in that version, but in the release it works Ok or almost OK.

It works OK with all Ground units including fortifications and also with all ship units.

However Now I cannot select any aircraft or helicopter as Neutral (No neutral countries available for such vehicles)

So as long as you need it for ships or gound vehicles or objects, it works good. No side attacks them and they do not change side while ingame.