HSI not updated switching waypoints

LordOrion

Hello,

I've noticed that when I switch waypoints using the keyboard key combination instead of reaching it flying the HDI is not updated ad keep pointing to the previous selevted one.

This is easy to reproduce when flying Red Flags campaign missions, where WP5 is always used for Bullseye: when you reach WP4 the HDI automatically set to WP5, but then, switching to WP6 it keeps pointing to WP5 (WP route indicator on HUD is updated).

Seen this on bot Stable and Open Beta...

Black+Knights_Small.jpg

RDF 3rd Fighter Squadron - "Black Knights": "Ar Cavajere Nero nun je devi cacà er cazzo!"

My Blog (Italian): Notti a (Video)Giocare

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

CPU: i7-11700K@5GHz|GPU: RTX-4070 Super|RAM: 64GB DDR4@3200MHz|SSD: 2x 970EVO Plus + 980 EVO Plus|HOTAS Warthog|TrackIR 5|

I did exactly that: edited mission #2 from Red Flag, so that I started airborne, near wypt #4, flew over it, HUD/HSI changed to #5, used default keybind to change to the wypt #6 - HSI behaved correctly. Even whithout editing the mission, manually changing waypoints worked fine with HSI reacting accordingly. @latest beta

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

I did exactly that: edited mission #2 from Red Flag, so that I started airborne, near wypt #4, flew over it, HUD/HSI changed to #5, used default keybind to change to the wypt #6 - HSI behaved correctly. Even whithout editing the mission, manually changing waypoints worked fine with HSI reacting accordingly. @latest beta

Yep, I think I simply misunderstood the HSI behavior: switching from WP5 to WP6 it shows the "correct" route alignment for the WP5 - WP6 leg (WP4 - WP6 does not actually exist!).

So I guess the "bug" is simply to have BE on a WP which is not part of the route but it is in the middle of WP numeric sequence :cry:

Edited by LordOrion

Black+Knights_Small.jpg

RDF 3rd Fighter Squadron - "Black Knights": "Ar Cavajere Nero nun je devi cacà er cazzo!"

CPU: i7-11700K@5GHz|GPU: RTX-4070 Super|RAM: 64GB DDR4@3200MHz|SSD: 2x 970EVO Plus + 980 EVO Plus|HOTAS Warthog|TrackIR 5|

OK, in this case you have to imagine the line #4-6 if you want to follow the route to the T. That's the inconvenience of putting such special "waypoint" in the middle of the route. But if you fly over the waypoints you don't need the course line anyway - just the bearing to the next one.

Edited by draconus

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

OK, in this case you have to imagine the line #4-6 if you want to follow the route to the T. That's the inconvenience of putting such special "waypoint" in the middle of the route. But if you fly over the waypoints you don't need the course line anyway - just the bearing to the next one.

Exactly :thumbup:

Black+Knights_Small.jpg