NS430 being charged for different modules? - ED Forums

Notices

Old 07-20-2018, 12:49 PM   #1
BlazingTrigger

Default NS430 being charged for different modules?

I thought the GPS module was going to be a one time purchase and it'd get added to different modules.

Not a lot of aircraft need the GPS but selling the same product but making it only available for one aircraft that you buy and making you buy the module again just to get it on to a different aircraft seems a bit off.

What are other people's thoughts?

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
BlazingTrigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2018, 01:56 PM   #2
twistking

well it depends on the prize, i guess.

the base/2d version goes for 11$ and the bundle goes for 15$. if that mean, that one can add true integration for upcoming planes to the base versions for about 4$ or 5$, i think that's fair actually, especially if you can gab it at a discount at some point.

i would want it for specific planes only (the true integration, that is; not at all interested in the 2d overlay), so this pricing model could actually benefit me (instead of having a much higher base price and get it for modules i don't own, or don't need/want it for)...
twistking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2018, 02:04 PM   #3
nessuno0505

Yes, they have said 5,99 $ for each 3d integrated compatible module (now only l-39 and mi-8 ) if you already have the 2d base pack.
nessuno0505 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2018, 04:13 PM   #4
(504)smudge
Veteran

it was originally sold as a one time purchase, i'm ABSOLUTELY LIVID that they are asking us to spend yet more money to add it to the L39, I could quite literally strangle someone

https://www.youtube.com/user/504smudge

https://www.facebook.com/504smudge
(504)smudge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2018, 04:25 PM   #5
Koriel

Quote:
Originally Posted by (504)smudge View Post
it was originally sold as a one time purchase, i'm ABSOLUTELY LIVID that they are asking us to spend yet more money to add it to the L39, I could quite literally strangle someone
Yup that's what I remember as well. It was certainly implied and never contradicted. On that promise I bought the module. In anticipation of it's use in the L-39. I have never used it yet since purchase, and that was over a year ago.
I'm on mobile, and strapped for time. Unable to dig into past comments. And knowing a certain community manager those(or these) post will most likely be removed.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Koriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2018, 04:32 PM   #6
(504)smudge
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koriel View Post
Yup that's what I remember as well. It was certainly implied and never contradicted. On that promise I bought the module. In anticipation of it's use in the L-39. I have never used it yet since purchase, and that was over a year ago.
I'm on mobile, and strapped for time. Unable to dig into past comments. And knowing a certain community manager those(or these) post will most likely be removed.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Someone at ED better step up soon and explain the reason for this, and justify why we were lied to. this is a real smack in the mouth to loyal DCS customers. and thats what we are Customers, DCS is a product we pay for. To be told we will get one thing, then for that to be changed without warning or option after we've bought it is totally uncalled for.

IF they decide to delete these posts then i'd have no other option than to express my opinions and facts on this matter in more public places, I may not have a very big Youtube following (just over 4K) but i'd do everything I could to make sure people were aware of this deceit.

https://www.youtube.com/user/504smudge

https://www.facebook.com/504smudge
(504)smudge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2018, 04:43 PM   #7
Jester986

As far as I recall pricing for other modules was to be determined. Which is why I didn't buy it yet. I hope it gets put in the Huey and F-5 as well. It probably should be like 20$ ish dollars maybe 30 but cover all modules. As it is though I'll still buy it for the L-39. I'm not pissed but it could've been handled better PR wise.
Jester986 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2018, 04:45 PM   #8
NineLine
Community Manager

It was never stated to be sold as a 1 time purchase. It was a purchase price only for the Mi-8.
ED Facebook PageED YouTube PageWags YouTubeMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine #0440
**How to Report a Bug**
NineLine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2018, 04:57 PM   #9
Wags
ED Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by (504)smudge View Post
Someone at ED better step up soon and explain the reason for this, and justify why we were lied to. this is a real smack in the mouth to loyal DCS customers. and thats what we are Customers, DCS is a product we pay for. To be told we will get one thing, then for that to be changed without warning or option after we've bought it is totally uncalled for.

IF they decide to delete these posts then i'd have no other option than to express my opinions and facts on this matter in more public places, I may not have a very big Youtube following (just over 4K) but i'd do everything I could to make sure people were aware of this deceit.
Please cite your source where we ever promised, or even implied, that the NS 430 would be available for all aircraft based on the purchase of the NS 430 for the Mi-8?

In fact, it was even clarified here when this was originally announced:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php...&postcount=101

i7 6700K, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1080ti, Windows 10, 1TB SSD, TM Hornet stick and Warthog throttle, and Track IR 5 with default settings.
Wags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2018, 05:03 PM   #10
Sniper175

Well I think the 430 is awesome, I just can’t wait for a 3D version for Huey, as 2d is still WIP for VR.
Sniper175 is offline   Reply With Quote