deferred shading

BobbyDevo

Also SLI might be worse than one card according to a lot of people who do that. Try using one card with slightly lower settings. I get by fine on a single 770 at medium settings, I’m usually above 45 frames in city and much higher out of city

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Now in 2.5.1, Deferred Shading forcefully on killed DCS for me.

I'm not able to play with it on. I have a pair of GTX 770s. The performance drop with DS on, and the jagged edges because I have to turn MSAA off are too much.

It was fine in 1.5, and very much playable in 2.5.0 with DS off. No crashes or any major problems related to memory etc. I have 32 GB RAM, SSD. But 20 fps full of jaggies when trying to fly a helo low among buildings and trees and wavy power lines and speedgrowing trees is just awful.

I'm not even buying the Gulf or F18 anymore, because I think I won't be able to play them in my current rig. Which I unfortunately don't have plans on upgrading anytime too soon, given the current price on gfx cards.

So yeah I'm kissing DCS goodbye for a while. Until everything is fixed at least. Can't even just go back to 2.5.0 or 1.5 and keep playing alone in my corner, as all I play DCS in is multiplayer.

Meanwhile, I'll just go play other games, like ArmA 3 or Star Citizen... that run much better visuals and fps on the same hardware.

I understand your feelings completely, and fully agree.

Mainboard: ASUS Maximus X Hero Intel Z 370

CPU: Intel Core i7-8086K @ 4.0 GHz

Memory: 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR4-3000

Graphics Card: ASUS NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 10GB

Monitor ASUS PA 329 32" @ 4K

1 SSD Samsung 860 PRO 256 GB

1 SSD Samsung 860 PRO 4 TB

Windows 10 - 64 V. 2004

CH Pro combatstick, throttle and pedals

The option for Defered Shading has disappeared in 2.5.1.

Yeah, we know, it already disappeared from the OB a couple of patches ago. Not a surprise, though, since it was actually mentioned in the changelog. Don't you read them?

The DCS Mi-8MTV2. The best aviational BBW experience you could ever dream of.

• 4 weeks later...

Forcing DS for VR users - just another kick in the teeth....

It's like you go away from DCS World for 6-12 months to give them some time to 'sort it out'..come back and it is worse. 'Shrug'.

Yes I know you can still disable it in 2.5.0 - but I was strupid enough to give ED more money and get the SOH pack to test it out ready for the Tomcat. Oh ofc, you need the Open Beta to run it..ok. Oh ofc, now ED force you to have DS on and put your frames in the toilet making it yet again a barely playing flyable stutterfest....using one of the most powerful GPU's available at the moment!

Running DCS World after a break expecting improvement in performance...Doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different outcome - first sign of madness?

Is wanting a smooth flight sim too much to ask? I don't care about pretty looking metal exhaust panels, or luscious trees swaying in the soft afternoon sea breeze. I would just really like a smooth playable flight simulator lol.

Rant over - I have been trying to play DCS for 15 years since LOMAC, I am now 42...I genuinely think I will be dead before I get close to a smooth flight sim experience.

Edited by VampireNZ

Asus Maximus VIII Hero Alpha| i7-6700K @ 4.60GHz | nVidia GTX 1080ti Strix OC 11GB @ 2075MHz| 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200Mhz DDR4 CL14 |

Samsung 950 PRO 512GB M.2 SSD | Corsair Force LE 480GB SSD | Windows 10 64-Bit | TM Warthog with FSSB R3 Lighting Base | VKB Gunfighter Pro + MCG | TM MFD's | Oculus Rift S | Jetseat FSE

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]