Open Conflict - Server Information - Page 284 - ED Forums
 


Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-12-2017, 04:59 PM   #2831
MarcoFR66
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: FRANCE
Posts: 4
Reputation power: 0
MarcoFR66 is on a distinguished road
Default

Quelle dommage d'avoir réduit le nombre de slot du M2000.

Le serveur était top, offrait de super dogfight, la on reviens sur du classique fox3 tiré sans aucun risque pour le pilote..., dommage.

La preuve que les gens le demande, il était tous pris a chaque fois.
Dommage de pas écouter les joueurs mais juste 2-3 personnes.

Sinon y a un petit bug depuis la maj le m2000, son altimètre freeze, et on a des erreurs de 5000pieds.

Sinon chapeau bas pour la qualité du serveur, faut le souligner, vivement une augmentation général du nombre de slot, c'est la guerre pour le rejoindre le soir

Traduit en anglais:
What a shame to have decreased the number of m2000 slots.

The server was great, offered great dogfight, but we have come back to the usual Fox-3 fired without any risk taking for the shooter, it is quite unfortunate...

The fact that most of the time all m2000 slots were taken is proof that people really want to fly it.
It is unfortunate that you only listen to 2-3 persons instead of the whole player base.

Still, I admire the great quality of this server. An increase in the number of player slots would be welcome, it is quite a challenge to connect to the server in the evening

Last edited by MarcoFR66; 10-12-2017 at 07:25 PM.
MarcoFR66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2017, 06:21 AM   #2832
407sabotage
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 10
Reputation power: 0
407sabotage is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by acdelta57 View Post
Played for a 5 hour rotation today no crash

Perhaps just some random wonkyness?
No, it just crashed again right now. Quite frustrating.
407sabotage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2017, 08:41 AM   #2833
Oceandar
Member
 
Oceandar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: West Kalimantan, Indonesia
Posts: 595
Reputation power: 16
Oceandar has a spectacular aura aboutOceandar has a spectacular aura aboutOceandar has a spectacular aura aboutOceandar has a spectacular aura aboutOceandar has a spectacular aura about
Default

Probably it has something to do with ground units addition. I see more SAMs in OC now.
__________________
Swa Bhuana Paksa
Oceandar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2017, 09:36 AM   #2834
cosmicdoubloon
Member
 
cosmicdoubloon's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Bristol, United Kingdom
Posts: 139
Reputation power: 2
cosmicdoubloon is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcoFR66 View Post

Traduit en anglais:
What a shame to have decreased the number of m2000 slots.

The server was great, offered great dogfight, but we have come back to the usual Fox-3 fired without any risk taking for the shooter, it is quite unfortunate...

The fact that most of the time all m2000 slots were taken is proof that people really want to fly it.
It is unfortunate that you only listen to 2-3 persons instead of the whole player base.

Still, I admire the great quality of this server. An increase in the number of player slots would be welcome, it is quite a challenge to connect to the server in the evening
All fighter slots have been reduced by 1 (except MiG-15/21/29 and F-86/5) in an effort to lower the number of high end air superiority fighters in the conflict zone and encourage heavier emphasis on the light fighters filling the majority of the A-A role, and also try to give the helos and strikers a slightly easier time. This decision was made because a large number of people have raised issues with the admin team both on the forums and in-game regarding 'airquake' and the dominance of high end fighters in the Conflict Zone. It's not an ideal situation I absolutely agree, but there is not much else we can do to try and slow the 'airquake' down until the new map comes out. The Fox 3 and ET restrictions are still in place, so if people are taking time to collect amraams and ETs instead of just burning on takeoff, fire 4 missiles and die then the system is working... somewhat

We would love to increase the number of player slots, however this version of Open Conflict is at capacity now in terms of space on the server, any more slots and the conflict zone is going to become uncomfortably crowded. But don't worry, the next version of OC will be larger and hopefully will have more slots, bandwidth and server performance allowing


Quote:
Originally Posted by Oceandar View Post
Probably it has something to do with ground units addition. I see more SAMs in OC now.
I'm not sure that this is a problem unique to Open Conflict, I've had very regular crashes on ACG Cold War and Seaquark's Korea lately too. That being said we will do some testing to see if the new SAMs and reintroduction of the Carriers is the source of the crashes or not.
cosmicdoubloon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2017, 05:55 AM   #2835
Rene Coulon
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: AbuDhabi
Posts: 20
Reputation power: 0
Rene Coulon is an unknown quantity at this point
Default

Hi Guys, my 2 cents worth regarding the battle space. I was in a combat zone for 11 years, Heli driver, flew SAR, Resupply, support, gunships etc. Nothing in actual Combat is "Fair", the enemy is always adapting to your strategy, changing resources, improving his technology...basically doing his best 24/7...to kill you and control your side of the fence. As Heli drivers we were often Hunted by enemy Migs while we tried to avoid their ZU 23 death zones, so we asked for Fast Jet CAPs...Worked for a while...then they moved in SAM 8s, and ZU23-4...Brought Head on capable missiles for their Migs...We countered by developing tactics to shoot the heck out of their Helis using Medium speed Fighters...and Helmet mounted sights...and our own Head on Missiles...etc etc. The Bottom line is...This is a combat zone, its calm at times, Insane the next minute...it should be fluid, Fighter Jocks are unpredictable...unless being directly guided by a ground controler...Heli guys have to use everything they can to survive...Both side will always be in Harms way...that s why we are here in OC.
So if its Mayhem out there, missiles in every direction...or a Fast jet lurking around Hell bent on Killing Helis and A 10s...Accept it...take up the challenge, or Bug out...and wait till the smoke clears, then try complete your mission...etc.
Combats never predictable, never fair...so bring your assets, adapt, use TS , talk, ask for help...Type like heck if you want a CAP or a Ground pounder to clear a hole for you...
This is a great server...KEEP IT UP DEVS...keep us all on edge...thats the challenge of combat..." CATMAN"...out, see you all soon
Rene Coulon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2017, 09:06 AM   #2836
Frostie
Veteran
 
Frostie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: UK
Posts: 3,362
Reputation power: 102
Frostie has much to be proud ofFrostie has much to be proud ofFrostie has much to be proud ofFrostie has much to be proud ofFrostie has much to be proud ofFrostie has much to be proud ofFrostie has much to be proud ofFrostie has much to be proud ofFrostie has much to be proud ofFrostie has much to be proud ofFrostie has much to be proud of
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rene Coulon View Post
Hi Guys, my 2 cents worth regarding the battle space. I was in a combat zone for 11 years, Heli driver, flew SAR, Resupply, support, gunships etc. Nothing in actual Combat is "Fair", the enemy is always adapting to your strategy, changing resources, improving his technology...basically doing his best 24/7...to kill you and control your side of the fence. As Heli drivers we were often Hunted by enemy Migs while we tried to avoid their ZU 23 death zones, so we asked for Fast Jet CAPs...Worked for a while...then they moved in SAM 8s, and ZU23-4...Brought Head on capable missiles for their Migs...We countered by developing tactics to shoot the heck out of their Helis using Medium speed Fighters...and Helmet mounted sights...and our own Head on Missiles...etc etc. The Bottom line is...This is a combat zone, its calm at times, Insane the next minute...it should be fluid, Fighter Jocks are unpredictable...unless being directly guided by a ground controler...Heli guys have to use everything they can to survive...Both side will always be in Harms way...that s why we are here in OC.
So if its Mayhem out there, missiles in every direction...or a Fast jet lurking around Hell bent on Killing Helis and A 10s...Accept it...take up the challenge, or Bug out...and wait till the smoke clears, then try complete your mission...etc.
Combats never predictable, never fair...so bring your assets, adapt, use TS , talk, ask for help...Type like heck if you want a CAP or a Ground pounder to clear a hole for you...
This is a great server...KEEP IT UP DEVS...keep us all on edge...thats the challenge of combat..." CATMAN"...out, see you all soon
I agree with this totally but OC is not a server i'd consider for players at the leading edge of combat capability. People just want to have fun in their helos, strikers, F5s and MiG21s etc. Having Eagles, Flankers and M2Ks buzzing around on a realistic proportion makes fun for the challenge aspect and a realistic threat but a lot of casual players don't want that, even though (contrary to what people are trying to make here) it does then force the requirement for much more organisation within the team hence less airquake.
Unfortunately mp is a case of which type of airquake (fighter deathmatch or ground pound turkey shoot) the players want and the server tailors to rather than having a realistic set up, getting players to work together on a large scale is so hard to achieve as proved by the amount of dedication poured into making the blue flag server successful.

To force teamwork and reduce lone fighter spam there needs to be several fronts with lots of SAMs and shorad dotted around the area, fighters can't press without getting shot down and require strikers to work who in turn need fighters to hold the line. Add to this small pockets of resistance within the safety net for weaker strikers/players to attack. This requires more ability, patience and co-operation than is required from a random loner who just wants to shoot stuff or deliver potatoes which is really all that most want to do or have become accustomed to doing.
__________________
"FROSTIE" #55
Fastest MiG pilot in the world - TCR'10
www.51st.org

Last edited by Frostie; 10-14-2017 at 09:31 AM.
Frostie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2017, 02:06 PM   #2837
Rene Coulon
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: AbuDhabi
Posts: 20
Reputation power: 0
Rene Coulon is an unknown quantity at this point
Default

Agreed...its also a case of, if you like the Server...enjoy, if not...there are many others to choose from. I think its great, but to cater for the range of pilots from noobies, to pro sim drivers is dam near impossible. We all have our "ideal " server and senarios in our heads I guess....but for me this is just great...Have to improve my Kill to loss ratio though!!...cheers
Rene Coulon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2017, 09:10 AM   #2838
MarcoFR66
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: FRANCE
Posts: 4
Reputation power: 0
MarcoFR66 is on a distinguished road
Default

Hello

I just post to tell you that since the maj of the server, the server crash two three times in 2 hours of game in the evening.

Before the maj the game was relatively stable.

ps: it is not my game or pc that crash but the server OC (time out for everyone)
MarcoFR66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2017, 01:21 PM   #2839
Rene Coulon
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: AbuDhabi
Posts: 20
Reputation power: 0
Rene Coulon is an unknown quantity at this point
Default

And the Crashings continuing....somethings definately gone wrong...a few weeks ago was fantastic...Horrible now !!
Rene Coulon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2017, 07:18 PM   #2840
Johnny_Rico
Member
 
Johnny_Rico's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 629
Reputation power: 3
Johnny_Rico has a spectacular aura aboutJohnny_Rico has a spectacular aura aboutJohnny_Rico has a spectacular aura aboutJohnny_Rico has a spectacular aura aboutJohnny_Rico has a spectacular aura about
Default

It is since the weapons.dll crash feature got added to DCS

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=194085

It has been 1 month of this so far ......
__________________
4 Sling Load cargo Bugs introduced in 1.5.7
Cargo rope stretching <-----> Ownership locked

Cannot Hook on Oil rigs <-----> Rope sticking up in Air
Johnny_Rico is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

All times are GMT. The time now is 01:45 AM. vBulletin Skin by ForumMonkeys. Powered by vBulletin®.
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.