F/A-18C Armament Thread - Page 6 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 06-28-2017, 06:43 PM   #51
sirscorpion

Reputation power: 3
sirscorpion is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuiGon View Post
Oh, interesting. I only have expeience with Mavericks getting shot down by Tunguskas. If SAMs actually do that on a greater scale then this offers indeed some opportunity to use Decoys.
The jamming capability is still not possible in DCS, because the way DCS simulates jamming means, that you can only protect yourself through jamming, but not others.
Yeah jamming is simplistic in DCS at the moment "from what i gather the radar system in the new engine with the hornet will crank things up a notch or 2 from a fidelity point of view"

But even assuming that does not happen, AA can engage Weapons "as long as you switch them to do so", having fake contacts on A2A radars as well can be interesting game as well in PVP.

I was flying on Blue flags once in the M2k, GCI directs me to a hostile AJS37, and cleared to me to engage, I drop my radar low and see the AJS, and suddenly i see 4 more contacts, I knew i was not going to win a 5 v 1, I called on GCI for back up and that i have 5 hostiles where he told me there was 1, only for him to sell me those where BK90s. Since then it became easy to spot them but I would assume something dedicated and programmable would cause lots of confusion Even if its Vs players only.

From a game engine pov, it should be that AA should treat them the same way ships treat all incoming threats. pretty sure stating on the TALD "i am an aircraft" sorta trigger will work easily. Also BK90 tests I did seem to get every thing to shoot at them.

I think the BK90 in game atm is basically a Hack to the engine where they are basically "AI" aircraft "hence why they also have IFF"

Last edited by sirscorpion; 06-28-2017 at 06:51 PM.
sirscorpion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2017, 05:58 AM   #52
Heli

Reputation power: 31
Heli is just really niceHeli is just really niceHeli is just really niceHeli is just really niceHeli is just really niceHeli is just really niceHeli is just really niceHeli is just really niceHeli is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by frixon28 View Post
Will we be getting the AIM-7P??? It was the last large scale production version designed to replace the Mike model.

I really find it disappointing that we only have the Mike model for player use in the game, and it would make since to have the P model introduced with the Hornet because the Navy would still have it in loadouts during the time period of our Hornet
subject can carry AIM-7F, AIM-7F-11, AIM-7M, AIM-7M (H-Build), AIM-7P Block 1, AIM-7P Block 2

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php...37&postcount=5

Last edited by Heli; 09-16-2017 at 06:20 AM.
Heli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2017, 01:56 PM   #53
RhineHornet

Reputation power: 11
RhineHornet is on a distinguished road

It would be really nice if one day we could get the SUU-20 pod for the Hornet. The Canadians and Australians have been using this in the past.

http://www.marvingroup.com/images/up...al_Draft_1.pdf
RhineHornet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2017, 11:42 PM   #54
Vampyre

Reputation power: 9
Vampyre is just really niceVampyre is just really niceVampyre is just really niceVampyre is just really niceVampyre is just really niceVampyre is just really niceVampyre is just really niceVampyre is just really niceVampyre is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNABLE View Post
US uses it too.
Correction, the USAF uses it. You will never see a USN or USMC Hornet carry it.

If you ever find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!

"If at first you don't succeed, Carrier Landings are not for you!"
Vampyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2017, 01:04 AM   #55
Vitormouraa

Reputation power: 51
Vitormouraa is a splendid one to beholdVitormouraa is a splendid one to beholdVitormouraa is a splendid one to beholdVitormouraa is a splendid one to beholdVitormouraa is a splendid one to beholdVitormouraa is a splendid one to beholdVitormouraa is a splendid one to beholdVitormouraa is a splendid one to beholdVitormouraa is a splendid one to beholdVitormouraa is a splendid one to beholdVitormouraa is a splendid one to behold

What about kinematic flares MZU-57?

SplashOneGaming is a community of viewers, players, and content creators built on combat flight simulation. Flowing through our veins is years of flight simulation experience in a multitude of different platforms. We welcome and encourage all of you to join us, whether you are seasoned or green, looking to learn, teach, or just trying to find someone to fly with.
Discord
Website
Vitormouraa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2017, 01:23 AM   #56
Lithion

Reputation power: 1
Lithion will become famous soon enoughLithion will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heli View Post
subject can carry AIM-7F, AIM-7F-11, AIM-7M, AIM-7M (H-Build), AIM-7P Block 1, AIM-7P Block 2

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php...37&postcount=5
Very epic information sheet, thank you for putting it together!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RhineHornet View Post
It would be really nice if one day we could get the SUU-20 pod for the Hornet. The Canadians and Australians have been using this in the past.
http://www.marvingroup.com/images/up...al_Draft_1.pdf
+1, would make for some fun training flights

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vampyre View Post
Correction, the USAF uses it. You will never see a USN or USMC Hornet carry it.
Then we prob won't see it anywhere near release, lets hope it gets added along the way of hornet 2.0

"Parvus numero, magnus merito"
Lithion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 09:45 AM   #57
TIGER - GR_Tiger

Reputation power: 10
TIGER - GR_Tiger is a jewel in the roughTIGER - GR_Tiger is a jewel in the roughTIGER - GR_Tiger is a jewel in the roughTIGER - GR_Tiger is a jewel in the roughTIGER - GR_Tiger is a jewel in the roughTIGER - GR_Tiger is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via ICQ to TIGER - GR_Tiger

Is the F/A-18C will have all this armament?
TIGER - GR_Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 09:54 AM   #58
Vitormouraa

Reputation power: 51
Vitormouraa is a splendid one to beholdVitormouraa is a splendid one to beholdVitormouraa is a splendid one to beholdVitormouraa is a splendid one to beholdVitormouraa is a splendid one to beholdVitormouraa is a splendid one to beholdVitormouraa is a splendid one to beholdVitormouraa is a splendid one to beholdVitormouraa is a splendid one to beholdVitormouraa is a splendid one to beholdVitormouraa is a splendid one to behold

Yes, most of them.

SplashOneGaming is a community of viewers, players, and content creators built on combat flight simulation. Flowing through our veins is years of flight simulation experience in a multitude of different platforms. We welcome and encourage all of you to join us, whether you are seasoned or green, looking to learn, teach, or just trying to find someone to fly with.
Discord
Website
Vitormouraa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2017, 08:14 AM   #59
Nanne118

Reputation power: 0
Nanne118 is on a distinguished road

So, we will not be seeing double racked AGM-65s or GBU-12s? I was fairly sure the legacy Hornet could carry those on MERs; I know they dont use TERs because of the drag and weight.

Groundpounder extraordinaire

Spoiler:
SPECS: i7-4790K, MSI Z97 Gaming 7, 16 GB RAM, MSI GTX 980ti, Thrustmaster WARTHOG HOTAS, Saitek Pro Combat Rudder pedals, TrackIR 5
Nanne118 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2017, 04:35 PM   #60
SiThSpAwN
Community Manager

Reputation power: 102
SiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanne118 View Post
So, we will not be seeing double racked AGM-65s or GBU-12s? I was fairly sure the legacy Hornet could carry those on MERs; I know they dont use TERs because of the drag and weight.
If you can find info showing it, then please supply, but currently ED believes that this is not the case.

SiThSpAwN is offline   Reply With Quote