DCS: P-47D-30 Discussion - Page 125 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 10-11-2017, 09:04 PM   #1241
NineLine
Community Manager

WWII aircraft are generally 2-3 years to make. This depends on info and such. Most of the time they are done 1 at a time, with some overlap at the beginning and the end. Also, dont think ED's WWII aircraft dudes are sitting idle either.
ED Facebook PageED YouTube PageWags YouTubeMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine #0440
**How to Report a Bug**
NineLine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2017, 02:36 AM   #1242
DSR_T-800

I think BuzzU is just a bit irritated on the lack of the official news regarding the P-47 development. All I want is the current model to set as my wallpaper .

If we need more wind tunnel data on the P-47 for its completion wouldn't it have been found by now? So what is ED doing to compensate for the lack of wind tunnel data?
Old 10-13-2017, 01:15 PM   #1243
BuzzU

Yes, i'd fly the P-47 exclusively when it shows up. So, i'm a bit anxious for it. Any kind of news would be welcome.

"You have reached the pinnacle of success as soon as you become uninterested in money, compliments, or publicity."

"Life is hard, but it's a lot harder when you're stupid." John Wayne
BuzzU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2017, 01:20 PM   #1244
NineLine
Community Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSR_T-800 View Post

If we need more wind tunnel data on the P-47 for its completion wouldn't it have been found by now? So what is ED doing to compensate for the lack of wind tunnel data?
ED has other ways of getting what they need, might just take a little longer, but work continues.
ED Facebook PageED YouTube PageWags YouTubeMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine #0440
**How to Report a Bug**
NineLine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2017, 12:55 PM   #1245
Terribletwo

Default P47

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=75Rw...ature=youtu.be

Ima getting tasty excited.
Terribletwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2017, 03:17 PM   #1246
Burning Bridges

"easy to land" - that alone gets me intrigued

As a kid I was quite keen on the P-47's lines, I built a lot of aircraft models and the thing that fascinated me about this plane was the huge gaping snout - so big that a Spitfire or Messerschmitt could dissappear in it.

Today I am not to sure about it's beauty, it looks like a huge bathtub with the wings of a Spitfire and a ridiculously powerful engine. But I think I could love it, because of the very qualities it has : easy to fly, makes a hell lot of noise, can take lots of damage and carries a small flak battery in its wings.
Burning Bridges is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2017, 04:06 PM   #1247
Magic Zach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burning Bridges View Post
"easy to land" - that alone gets me intrigued

As a kid I was quite keen on the P-47's lines, I built a lot of aircraft models and the thing that fascinated me about this plane was the huge gaping snout - so big that a Spitfire or Messerschmitt could dissappear in it.

Today I am not to sure about it's beauty, it looks like a huge bathtub with the wings of a Spitfire and a ridiculously powerful engine. But I think I could love it, because of the very qualities it has : easy to fly, makes a hell lot of noise, can take lots of damage and carries a small flak battery in its wings.
+1
Old 10-20-2017, 04:41 PM   #1248
BuzzU

Since getting into flight sims i've been waiting for an accurate P-47. I hope the DCS version is it.

"You have reached the pinnacle of success as soon as you become uninterested in money, compliments, or publicity."

"Life is hard, but it's a lot harder when you're stupid." John Wayne
BuzzU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2017, 04:42 PM   #1249
Vino

A2A has one!
Vino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2017, 04:45 PM   #1250
Magic Zach

ED better do a good job on the sounds, unlike....everything else. P-47 needs to sound accurate too. Throaty and deep, like the real radial engine.
But I'm really into immersion, so I like quality sounds and effects.

Tags
p-47, ww2