DCS: P-47D-30 Discussion - Page 125 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 10-11-2017, 10:04 PM   #1241
SiThSpAwN
Community Manager

Reputation power: 102
SiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to behold

WWII aircraft are generally 2-3 years to make. This depends on info and such. Most of the time they are done 1 at a time, with some overlap at the beginning and the end. Also, dont think ED's WWII aircraft dudes are sitting idle either.

SiThSpAwN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2017, 03:36 AM   #1242
DSR_T-800

Reputation power: 4
DSR_T-800 is on a distinguished road

I think BuzzU is just a bit irritated on the lack of the official news regarding the P-47 development. All I want is the current model to set as my wallpaper .

If we need more wind tunnel data on the P-47 for its completion wouldn't it have been found by now? So what is ED doing to compensate for the lack of wind tunnel data?
Old 10-13-2017, 02:15 PM   #1243
BuzzU

Reputation power: 17
BuzzU has a spectacular aura aboutBuzzU has a spectacular aura aboutBuzzU has a spectacular aura aboutBuzzU has a spectacular aura about

Yes, i'd fly the P-47 exclusively when it shows up. So, i'm a bit anxious for it. Any kind of news would be welcome.

"You have reached the pinnacle of success as soon as you become uninterested in money, compliments, or publicity."

"Life is hard, but it's a lot harder when you're stupid." John Wayne
BuzzU is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2017, 02:20 PM   #1244
SiThSpAwN
Community Manager

SiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSR_T-800 View Post

If we need more wind tunnel data on the P-47 for its completion wouldn't it have been found by now? So what is ED doing to compensate for the lack of wind tunnel data?
ED has other ways of getting what they need, might just take a little longer, but work continues.

Old 11-17-2017, 11:41 PM   #1245
too-cool

Reputation power: 8
too-cool is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiThSpAwN View Post
WWII aircraft are generally 2-3 years to make. This depends on info and such. Most of the time they are done 1 at a time, with some overlap at the beginning and the end. Also, dont think ED's WWII aircraft dudes are sitting idle either.
4 years and counting. TC
Win7 Pro 64bit | Half X F/T Case | Corsair 850AT ps | Asus R 5 E 10 MB | I7 6850K @4200 | Nepton 240 W/C | 32GB DDR4-3200 Gskill Mem | Asus 980 gpu/4gb | SB-Z audio | Asus 24" 1440 Monitor | X55 Rhino F/C | Crosswind R/P | Track-ir-5 |
too-cool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2017, 12:28 AM   #1246
probad

Reputation power: 10
probad is just really niceprobad is just really niceprobad is just really niceprobad is just really niceprobad is just really niceprobad is just really niceprobad is just really niceprobad is just really niceprobad is just really niceprobad is just really niceprobad is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by too-cool View Post
4 years and counting. TC
yes why dont you just casually ignore the time it takes to do problematic things like finding the p-47 aerodynamic data

Last edited by probad; 11-18-2017 at 12:31 AM.
probad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2017, 03:32 AM   #1247
too-cool

Reputation power: 8
too-cool is on a distinguished road

Since you are one of the select few who know's what they need to finish the project,I think you should let them know and maybe they can get the job finished. Not to linger on this but like you and your comment, I also have comments that express my feeling about this > 4 year and counting project. TC
Win7 Pro 64bit | Half X F/T Case | Corsair 850AT ps | Asus R 5 E 10 MB | I7 6850K @4200 | Nepton 240 W/C | 32GB DDR4-3200 Gskill Mem | Asus 980 gpu/4gb | SB-Z audio | Asus 24" 1440 Monitor | X55 Rhino F/C | Crosswind R/P | Track-ir-5 |
too-cool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2017, 05:43 AM   #1248
SiThSpAwN
Community Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by too-cool View Post
4 years and counting. TC
They have stated the issues for the delays. And I doubt the P-47 has 4 years of work into it, besides efforts to obtain the data they need.

Old 11-18-2017, 06:51 AM   #1249
Echo38

Reputation power: 18
Echo38 is a glorious beacon of lightEcho38 is a glorious beacon of lightEcho38 is a glorious beacon of lightEcho38 is a glorious beacon of lightEcho38 is a glorious beacon of lightEcho38 is a glorious beacon of lightEcho38 is a glorious beacon of lightEcho38 is a glorious beacon of lightEcho38 is a glorious beacon of lightEcho38 is a glorious beacon of lightEcho38 is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzles View Post
It's a PFM. It'll be as complex as the F/A-18C's will be
Surely a prop airplane's FM has to be more complex than a jet's FM of the same level of fidelity? You've got things like torque, gyroscopic effect, propwash, and P-factor to deal with.
Echo38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2017, 11:28 AM   #1250
Buzzles

Reputation power: 14
Buzzles is just really niceBuzzles is just really niceBuzzles is just really niceBuzzles is just really niceBuzzles is just really niceBuzzles is just really niceBuzzles is just really niceBuzzles is just really niceBuzzles is just really niceBuzzles is just really niceBuzzles is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echo38 View Post
Surely a prop airplane's FM has to be more complex than a jet's FM of the same level of fidelity? You've got things like torque, gyroscopic effect, propwash, and P-factor to deal with.
Well, yes and no. It's the same PFM system when we're talking DCS.

AFAIK ED's PFM is a suite of tools and code dealing with the forces on an object. Every new plane feature they build adds to it (P-51 added prop wash handling, F-15 added supersonic airflow handling etc...).

The PFM takes inputs and generates output.

Eg, The code that governs airflow hitting the plane and its effects is likely the same for all PFM aircraft.
The airflow itself (input) might be different (ie, in level flight: straightish for jets, disturbed with added rotational elements for props) which is going to cause different output, but the fidelity is in the system dealing with the inputs and how it applies them.

Same probably applies to the code dealing with engine forces. Takes in dynamic inputs like airflow, aoa, fuel flow etc... along with static input like location, mountings, engine type, blade size, prop width etc... and generates outputs to apply to the airfame.
The underlying model will be the same (same fidelity), just a lot of params change between prop and jet engines, resulting in very different outputs.

I'd love Yo-Yo to chime in on this, but I'd surprised if I'm far off the mark.
Buzzles is offline   Reply With Quote