Gazelle change log - Page 16 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 10-11-2017, 04:04 PM   #151
PitbullVicious

Reputation power: 4
PitbullVicious is on a distinguished road

Would these updates happen to be in the latest 2.1.1 update (https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php...9&postcount=35), even though not mentioned in the Patch Notes?
i7-4790K @ 4.5 GHz | MSI Gaming GTX980Ti 6GB | 32GB 1600MHz DDR3 | Asus Z97-Pro Gamer | Asus Xonar DG Sound Card | MS Sidewinder 2 FFB | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | CH Fighter Stick Pro Throttle | MFG pedals | Track IR 5 | Oculus Rift CV1
PitbullVicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 07:07 PM   #152
Pat01
3rd Party Developer

Reputation power: 19
Pat01 is just really nicePat01 is just really nicePat01 is just really nicePat01 is just really nicePat01 is just really nicePat01 is just really nicePat01 is just really nicePat01 is just really nicePat01 is just really nicePat01 is just really nicePat01 is just really nice

Hi Gents,
2.1.1 has been updated today, and 1.5.7 should be updated next week.
Pat01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 08:54 PM   #153
Crash

Reputation power: 8
Crash is on a distinguished road

Was testing the Gazelle in 2.1.1 today a bit.

Corrected Collective effect is really cool. If you cut off power or raise it to hard the Gazelle is falling down to the right or pushing to the left side.

The sound bug after death is STILL there.

The exterior sound of the gazelle is a bit tinny in my opinion.

It seems that i can do some flight maneuvers better than bevor.
Old 10-11-2017, 10:11 PM   #154
PitbullVicious

Reputation power: 4
PitbullVicious is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Was testing the Gazelle in 2.1.1 today a bit.

Corrected Collective effect is really cool. If you cut off power or raise it to hard the Gazelle is falling down to the right or pushing to the left side.

The sound bug after death is STILL there.

The exterior sound of the gazelle is a bit tinny in my opinion.

It seems that i can do some flight maneuvers better than bevor.
Bollocks.. had a free evening today and then I messed up the update (updated another program at the same time, which rebooted my computer mid install of DCS and then got stuck into update loop... deleted the cache and repaired now and hoping everything will go smoothly now).

Anyone on ED or Polychop willing to take the blame, so I can rant on your stupidity instead of facing the fact that it was my own fault? I mean, you guys must be used to that...
i7-4790K @ 4.5 GHz | MSI Gaming GTX980Ti 6GB | 32GB 1600MHz DDR3 | Asus Z97-Pro Gamer | Asus Xonar DG Sound Card | MS Sidewinder 2 FFB | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | CH Fighter Stick Pro Throttle | MFG pedals | Track IR 5 | Oculus Rift CV1
PitbullVicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 11:31 PM   #155
Frusheen

Reputation power: 6
Frusheen will become famous soon enoughFrusheen will become famous soon enough

One word.... Amazing! The flight model changes today have given this helicopter a completely different feel. It turns so much better! No idea what you have done but it's working. I've been critical of the flight model in the past but want to thank you for sticking with it and fixing many of the issues I've mentioned. This is a major improvement.

Komodosim Cyclic | C-tek anti torque pedals and collective | Oculus Rift CV1 | KW-908 Jetseat | Buttkicker with Simshaker for DCS World

RiftFlyer VR G-Seat project: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.ph...51#post2733051
Frusheen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 03:56 AM   #156
FragBum

Reputation power: 3
FragBum has a spectacular aura aboutFragBum has a spectacular aura aboutFragBum has a spectacular aura about

Looking forward to taking the Gazelle out after the update when I get back into town tomorrow.
Old 10-12-2017, 01:12 PM   #157
docWilly

Reputation power: 2
docWilly will become famous soon enoughdocWilly will become famous soon enough

Very pleased with the change in 2.1 of the FM - thank you.

A10C, UH-1H, M2C, Gazelle, KA 50 DCS 1.5/2.5
docWilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 08:52 PM   #158
exil

Reputation power: 2
exil is on a distinguished road

Tested today! I must say it's muuuuuch better and feeling more natural! Really well done Polychop!

Behavior during turns is much smoother and you have more control over the aircraft. It's not forcing you to counter your inputs that much anymore.

Still not at the end though, but it's totally going in the right direction! I'm back in it from now on!
exil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2017, 03:18 AM   #159
NixNB

NixNB is on a distinguished road

ooooooooooh awesome!

I don't have 2.1 and I'm impatiently waiting for 1.5.7
Old 10-13-2017, 10:23 AM   #160
FragBum

FragBum has a spectacular aura aboutFragBum has a spectacular aura aboutFragBum has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by exil View Post
Tested today! I must say it's muuuuuch better and feeling more natural! Really well done Polychop!

Behavior during turns is much smoother and you have more control over the aircraft. It's not forcing you to counter your inputs that much anymore.

Still not at the end though, but it's totally going in the right direction! I'm back in it from now on!
Okay just a lounge chair pilot but yes the Gazelle seems more confident not as inclined to flip in tight roll turns, more organic and I can only refer to flying with no AP or trim but still find the cyclic input to be biased to electrical centre position. Even from 70% fuel to 10% with no change in CG or balance point?

I find it's handling to be different and seems more natural and I even have to work to get the Gazelle to do things that might have been more synthetic previously.

Maybe more of a sense of centre of gravity when throwing the Gazelle around.

IGE I'm not sure sorry still getting used to extra/different lift but still doesn't seem right for me.

For me it feels better , Thanks.