[REPORTED] Issues with MW50 usage. - Page 5 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 10-12-2017, 03:02 PM   #41
coopes

Reputation power: 2
coopes is on a distinguished road

SithSpawn is there any feedback on this??

I have searched everyone, also own the 2 great Dora books by Jerry Crandell.
When i read up on the MW50 i get the same info that it has enough to run for about 3x10 min periods with a 5 min 'cooldown' between use.

It so obvious that this is not acheivable in the sim. Temps will only really have an impact at high altitude due to the cold temps plus the cooling nature of how the MW50 works in the engine. ie cooling the engine too much or freezing.

Certainly flying around Normandy on a nice summers day between 0 - 6KM the MW50 can not be run for the periods it should. Again i point out that the 109 even breaks the 3x10min rule as you leave it switched on and can go from 1.45ATA to 1.8ATA all day long.

What gives?
coopes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 03:03 PM   #42
SiThSpAwN
Community Manager

Reputation power: 98
SiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to behold

I have asked, I havent heard anything back yet.

SiThSpAwN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 03:21 PM   #43
coopes

Reputation power: 2
coopes is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiThSpAwN View Post
I have asked, I havent heard anything back yet.
Thanks for your honesty.

Im disappointed to say the least
coopes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 03:38 PM   #44
SiThSpAwN
Community Manager

Reputation power: 98
SiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by coopes View Post
Thanks for your honesty.

Im disappointed to say the least
I'll try and kick this can again, been busy with everything going on, things can get missed.

SiThSpAwN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2017, 02:34 PM   #45
antagonist

Reputation power: 9
antagonist is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esac_mirmidon View Post
All my tests at 15° and sea level.
Well, considering the plane was meant to fly above central Europe, I think we can assume the engine limitations are meant to be taken as limits for more extreme temperatures at the outset, with your test being smack dab in the middle of the ambient temperature range the engine was designed to run at.
antagonist is offline   Reply With Quote