Surprised with a few questions

arraamis

Bah, I gotta hurt you somehow don't I? ;)

Don't mind GG, he is good peeps, its just that he has one point of view. ED's right or wrong.

GG your raping my eyes with the quote button ... paragraph form usually suffices.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

I stumbled upon the news {DCS: A-10C} by accident and think it will be a great improvement over the previously released version.

There was no previously released version, making your comments already off-base.

Comparing one with the other simply because it's the same developer seems...silly, especially when there are different standards, respectively.

The A-10A is NOT DCS.

Alright alright, enough ;)

Arramis, EtherealN has provided you the actual reality of the situation in his answer.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

Let me just add, that because two simulations have a similar appearance and the same basic structure doesn't mean that one is merely the same as the other just with added features.

And in this regard Vipers comparison is more exact than you think, because having 4 legs, a tail and a head doesn't mean that the resulting thing is always the same give or take a few minor modifications.

It's not that simple.

Gigabyte GA-Z87-UD3H | i7 4470k @ 4.5 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 @ 2.133 Ghz | GTX 1080 | LG 55" @ 4K | Cougar 1000 W | Creative X-Fi Ti | TIR5 | CH HOTAS (with BU0836X-12 Bit) + Crosswind Pedals | Win10 64 HP | X-Keys Pro 20 & Pro 54 | 2x TM MFD

Now, i am a mechanic, and lets look at it this way.

Snap-on sells a 1/4"-5/16" open end spanner.

Stahlwille sells a 1/4"-5/16" open end spanner.

Craftsman sels a 1/4"-5/16" open end spanner.

Does that mean that if you buy one if each you will have the same spanner 3 times?

Most definitely not.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The keeper of all mathematical knowledge and the oracle of flight modeling.:)

• ED Team

At TFC/ED we do try and meet our customers demands.

Sometimes I feel that the Billy Connolly sketch (IMHO one of the greatest comedians alive, of course a Scot!) is very appropriate.

Substite men = TFC/ED, and women = customers, and you will see what I mean.

Particularly appropriate are the words from 1.36 minutes onwards.

enjoy!

• Like 2

Having problems? Visit http://en.wiki.eagle.ru/wiki/Main_Page

Dell Laptop M1730 -Vista- Intel Core 2 Duo T7500@2.2GHz, 4GB, Nvidia 8700MGT 767MB

Intel i7 975 Extreme 3.2GHZ CPU, NVidia GTX 570 1.28Gb Pcie Graphics.

!!! lol

Before the internet and forums though the "women" (customers) didn't really have a say in anything. Direct links to developers and lots of pre-release information/screenshots/video's have really changed the game from the developers perspective and has made the consumer WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY more demanding.

I can't help but think....for F's sake, there are currently NO developers developing anything even CLOSE to what these guys (TEAM ED) have given us. In 2 years we've seen Black Shark, FC 2.0 and soon to be A-10C. Where is Lead Pursuit? Where is Fighter Ops? Jet Thunder? Even SOW (which is showing some progress with some updates at least). As a community we're backed into a corner, with the amount of fighter planes in all nations in action/out of action whatever, it will be almost impossible to satisfy everyone. The products we are getting though are top notch and from a FM, cockpit etc...they're unrivaled.

I'm sure the multirole fighter is on ED's radar. Perhaps the steps taken in A-10C will make the EXTREMELY COMPLEX development for a multirole fighter that much easier.

I can't even think how complicated modeling A/G radar with DCS fidelity (currently no A/G radar in any ED products by the way) and then doing A/A on top of that, then adding the varied flight dynamics of supersonic flight. Flighters are complicated as hell...that's why only the best get to fly them.

I don't know why more people don't just enjoy what's given, we've never had the chance to fly from our basements, mancaves, living rooms a true simulator experience for...what? $50??? Longbow II was $69.99 when it was released over 10 years ago.

Anyway sorry to go on and on, I dont' want to be a dick, I Just don't understand the logic of some :)

• Like 1

At TFC/ED we do try and meet our customers demands.

Sometimes I feel that the Billy Connolly sketch (IMHO one of the greatest comedians alive, of course a Scot!) is very appropriate.

Substite men = TFC/ED, and women = customers, and you will see what I mean.

Particularly appropriate are the words from 1.36 minutes onwards.

enjoy!

+9 million =D

Alright alright, enough ;)

Arramis, EtherealN has provided you the actual reality of the situation in his answer.

I was actually quite satisfied with the earlier replies on page #1 ....

My thanks go out to slug88, EtherealN and Danish_Squid, for the very informative replies.

But some have a warped interpretation of the term "Completely Different" and the initial post was, as normally is the case on forums, taken out of context and the trolls ran with the deformed interpretation. Adding irrelevant, ill-conceived metaphors to a conversation derived and perverted from the original.

That wasn't my intention when creating the thread - but, it is a forum, and opinions are varied and plentiful ... whether relevant or not.

And just as I predicted:

To conclude, I was a little hesitant about submitting this thread, knowing that many, quite possibly, will reply emotionally, without understanding the content. But, keeping these thoughts to myself wouldn't help to gain a greater understanding about DCS's future plans - Nor would it aid in understanding the big picture.

Guys checked in their opinions emotionally, disregarding what was clearly stated from the start, turning this in to a immature free-for-all troll-feast.

It happens & and I understand. So, I'm not deterred in the least.

Bottom line, I've supported ED from the beginning and will probably continue to do so. Even though my desire for a multirole goes unfulfilled.

....It happens & and I understand.....

Aye - those times where one's right and everybody else is wrong!

It happens indeed. Quite right.

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

Summary:

duty_calls.png

:)

• Like 2

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

• ED Team
I was actually quite satisfied with the earlier replies on page #1 ....

But some have a warped interpretation of the term "Completely Different" and the initial post was, as normally is the case on forums, taken out of context and the trolls ran with the deformed interpretation. Adding irrelevant, ill-conceived metaphors to a conversation derived and perverted from the original.

That wasn't my intention when creating the thread - but, it is a forum, and opinions are varied and plentiful ... whether relevant or not.

And just as I predicted:

Guys checked in their opinions emotionally, disregarding what was clearly stated from the start, turning this in to a immature free-for-all troll-feast.

It happens & and I understand. So, I'm not deterred in the least.

Bottom line, I've supported ED from the beginning and will probably continue to do so. Even though my desire for a multirole goes unfulfilled.

Hi Arraamis

Please do not get disheartened. Your question was extremely valid and appropriate.

At TFC/ED we also want to do a multirole fighter!

But we have to develop at a step at a time. At each stage of development we have to solve new problems. DCS;A10C has solved problem of moving maps and sensor presentation.

What is coming next? We will tell you when it is in Alpha.

Question: How do you eat an elephant? Answer: Bite by bite.

But do enjoy this:

Having problems? Visit http://en.wiki.eagle.ru/wiki/Main_Page

Dell Laptop M1730 -Vista- Intel Core 2 Duo T7500@2.2GHz, 4GB, Nvidia 8700MGT 767MB

Intel i7 975 Extreme 3.2GHZ CPU, NVidia GTX 570 1.28Gb Pcie Graphics.

Hi Arraamis

Please do not get disheartened. Your question was extremely valid and appropriate.

At TFC/ED we also want to do a multirole fighter!

But we have to develop at a step at a time. At each stage of development we have to solve new problems. DCS;A10C has solved problem of moving maps and sensor presentation.

What is coming next? We will tell you when it is in Alpha.

Question: How do you eat an elephant? Answer: Bite by bite.

But do enjoy this:

Best regards ............. :D