Will there be grass in DCS A-10 ?!?!

hreich

As far as I know, yes.

Edited by EtherealN

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

AFAIK, no, i think it s not implemented yet!)

cheers

Scud

TM HOTAS WH :joystick:, Saitek Pro Pedals, Track IR 4, 2xJoyWarrier, 1x KeyWarrior, i52500k @4600MHz, ASUS P8Z68-V Pro, NV 670GT, SSD+ WD BC+ WD Raptor, 32HD:pilotfly:[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

On the A-10C screen I've seen recently grass effect would be nice if there hadn't be crap effect of grass disappearing which can be easily seen. Hope to set grass much further....

Edited by Boberro

Reminder: Fighter pilots make movies. Bomber pilots make... HISTORY! :D | Also to be remembered: FRENCH TANKS HAVE ONE GEAR FORWARD AND FIVE BACKWARD :D

ಠ_ಠ

as said, in A10C screens it´s enabled, or better implemented, but not in DCS KA 50 BS, nor in FC2.

TM HOTAS WH :joystick:, Saitek Pro Pedals, Track IR 4, 2xJoyWarrier, 1x KeyWarrior, i52500k @4600MHz, ASUS P8Z68-V Pro, NV 670GT, SSD+ WD BC+ WD Raptor, 32HD:pilotfly:[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

As far as I know, yes.

This will be AWESOME! I am willing to bet that DCS: A-10C will change the way how most sims are reliant 90% on CPU. With grass, that may very well change.

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return." - Leonardo da Vinci

Intel i7-4790k | Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo heat sink | Thermaltake Core V71 case | 750W EVGA PSU | 8gb G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 RAM | MSI Z97 Gaming 5 LGA 1150 motherboard | Samsung SSD | ASUS STRIX GTX 970 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | TIR 5 | Razer Deathadder | Corsair K70

Honestly, I don't like the grass, it looks ugly in the game as it is not rendered on large scale.

Ok, ok I know it's not possible to render it far, but in Arma2 it doesn't look so ugly.

Will wait for the release to make my final decision, but I hope we can turn grass = OFF.

Proud to be a [sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] :joystick::pilotfly::book:

I like it, I'm sure they'll fix the clipping and make it more of a fade and the draw distance will most likely improve as well come release. It adds to the sense of speed down low. I'm sure it will be removable, if not as an option in game, then a .lua mod will quickly fix that.

Hahah, the classic flying lawnmower. :)

The green plate is aerofoil-shaped (and made from something like styrofoam), with transparent elevons at the back and tricycle folding gear at the bottom and regular motor at the front. It is NOT a converted lawnmower - made as a novelty item.

The manufacturer also makes flying tanks and such. :D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

Check out their website: http://flyingthingz.com/. If they get enough requests they might do a pig as well!:D

I only respond to that little mechanical voice that says "Terrain! Terrain! Pull Up! Pull Up!"

Who can say what is impossible, for the dream of yesterday is the hope of today and the reality of tomorrow.

-Robert Goddard

"A hybrid. A car for enthusiasts of armpit hair and brown rice." -Jeremy Clarkson

"I swear by my pretty floral bonet, I will end you." -Mal from Firefly

I like it, I'm sure they'll fix the clipping and make it more of a fade and the draw distance will most likely improve as well come release. It adds to the sense of speed down low. I'm sure it will be removable, if not as an option in game, then a .lua mod will quickly fix that.

It would also be well worth changing the grass texture to the same colour as the surrounding terrain, if you think about it, the terrain is simply a far away representation of the grass. If you look at how it is implemented in ARMA 2, the change between the grass and far away terrain is seamless, for most angles above the terrain.

Nate