That "old" pitching up moment... ?

It's been a long time since I last used DCS and I don't even have it installed, so, couldn't test this myself... hence the post..

I've seen there have been developments in the Bf 109 lately, and I wonder if the old pitching up moment tendency, under most configurations, has been smoothed out ?

It could be overcome by using a controller pitch axis curve mod, but that was not the right way to do it, and could affect other aspects of flight, so I wonder if this is now different in the release version with the latest updates.

In the past there were many threads about this issue.

Thx for any feedback!

Flight Simulation is the Virtual Materialization of a Dream...

This behaviour has changed over time.. The tendency is still there but not so obvious as before. For example, with trimming set at 0, 1.3 ATA and 450-500km/h the plane flies straight with no 'pitch up' tendency. I broke my trimming buttons on the Saitek X55 throttle because of this behaviour. Best way is to try for yourself, I just want to encourage you to do this :)

I would also recommend a FFB stick.. huge difference in feeling the forces than the 'spring based' Saitek X55.

Specs:

Asus Z97 PRO Gamer, i7 4790K@4.6GHz, 4x8GB Kingston @2400MHz 11-13-14-32, Titan X, Creative X-Fi, 128+2x250GB SSDs, VPC T50 Throttle + G940, MFG Crosswinds, TrackIR 5 w/ pro clip, JetSeat, Win10 Pro 64-bit, Oculus Rift, 27"@1920x1080

Settings:

2.1.x - Textures:High Terrain:High Civ.Traffic:Off Water:High VisRan:Low Heatblur:High Shadows:High Res:1920x1080 RoC:1024 MSAA:4x AF:16x HDR:OFF DefS: ON GCI: ON DoF:Off Lens: OFF C/G:390m Trees:1500m R:max Gamma: 1.5

It's been a long time since I last used DCS and I don't even have it installed, so, couldn't test this myself... hence the post..

I've seen there have been developments in the Bf 109 lately, and I wonder if the old pitching up moment tendency, under most configurations, has been smoothed out ?

It could be overcome by using a controller pitch axis curve mod, but that was not the right way to do it, and could affect other aspects of flight, so I wonder if this is now different in the release version with the latest updates.

In the past there were many threads about this issue.

Thx for any feedback!

As far as I remember the pitching up moment is accurate. The document below (if I remember correctly) shows elevator movment and force used on the stick to keep the airplane in level flight, meaning that the 109 pilot had to push the stick to keep it level.

post-1354-0-26696400-1395327490.jpg

Edited by Solty

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]In 21st century there is only war and ponies.

My experience: Jane's attack squadron, IL2 for couple of years, War Thunder and DCS.

My channel:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyAXX9rAX_Sqdc0IKJuv6dA