Question about 2 buttons

Reflected

Hi All,

I recently found a 109 G-6 manual that stated that the electric fuel pump switch had to be turned off after takeoff, and back on before landing. Is this true? Until now I left it on all the time in DCS.

Also, there is a red button on the left side above the starter handle called electric kill switch. What does that do? After I used it to shut down the plane I couldn't get her started. Is it only for emergencies?

Thanks!

Greg

The kill switch switches off Battery & Generator circuit breakers (the 2 top circuit breakers on the 2 breakers columns on the right of the cockpit). You need to reactivate both, AFAIK.

Whisper of old OFP & C6 forums, now Kalbuth.

Specs : i7 6700K / MSI 1070 / 32G RAM / SSD / Rift S / Virpil MongooseT50 / Virpil T50 CM2 Throttle / MFG Crosswind.

All but Viggen, Yak52 & F16

I recently found a 109 G-6 manual that stated that the electric fuel pump switch had to be turned off after takeoff, and back on before landing. Is this true? Until now I left it on all the time in DCS.
It is, for the model, just we don't have a G6. There was a debate in these forums regarding the subject, some sources said so while other sources said the opposite. After a long discussion it was found that (scarce) K4 sources talked about fuel pump switched on while airborne, while switching off sources were related mainly to previous models so (I think) we don't know but may be there was a change in procedure or even in pump function for a reason. The early 109 module version allowed to switch off the pump in flight, even though it lead to engine shut down if aerobatics were performed I think (it's been quite a while). Now fuel pump must be switched on all the time and engine doesn't work without it. May be IIRC there was also something related to K4 handbook translation regarding that point but finally current state was decided as closer to the handbook.

Also, there is a red button on the left side above the starter handle called electric kill switch. What does that do? After I used it to shut down the plane I couldn't get her started. Is it only for emergencies?
You can safely use it. It's just a quick electrical kill button, but, if you use it and you plan to take off again (may be after refuel and repair) remember there are a battery and generator breaker buttons behind flare pistol (which by default appears switched ON in cold start for the sake of ease). They are switched off using electrical kill and you have to switch them on again in order to start the engine and it won't if you don't do, either mouse clicking them by twisting your head around flare pistol like the exorcist girl or using a keyboard shortcut. That is the main reason why engine doesn't starts again if you use electrical kill button, when not we miss some of the starting steps :doh:.
Edited by Ala13_ManOWar

"I went into the British Army believing that if you want peace you must prepare for war. I believe now that if you prepare for war, you get war."

-- Major-General Frederick B. Maurice