Modular Panel WIP

Blue73

Any info on the knobs and the Throttle switch knobs you used? Those are sweet as well.

Intel i7 9700k, 64GB DDR4 (Corsair), Gigabyte Z390 Master, RTX 2080 Ti AMP 11gb, 500GB Sabrent Rocket (System), 1TB XPG Gammix S11 Pro M.2 (DCS), Windows 11 64-bit Pro, Samsung 49" 4K CRG9 Monitor (5120x1440), Samsung Odyssey Plus, TrackIR 5, Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas, Various streamdecks, button boxes, Logitech Pro Rudder Pedals, Corsair K95 Platinum, Iron Claw mouse.

DCS OB, F-14B Tomcat, F-18C Hornet, F-16C Viper, A-10C Warthog, F-5 Tiger II, AV-8B Harrier, P-51D Mustang, FC3, Super Carrier

Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas, (3) Cougar MFD's, Logitech Pro Rudder Pedals, (2) Stream Decks, (1) Stream Deck XL, (1) Stream Deck Mini, Misc Button Boxes

Yes all those are from scratch. I visit my local electronics store, buy what is available to me, and it's action feels right then model it in F360. I'd done this months ago so now I'm just pulling the components from my own library. Only the screws aren't mine.

OK.. Sounds quite tedious, but I think it's a good way to to learn F360.

Nevertheless do you - or anyone else - knows a 'slim' and 'easy' external library to include in F360?

it's not too bad, less than an hour per part and I end up with an f3d cad file I can modify/tweak for future similar components. Also I end up with a model that is exact.

Nevertheless do you - or anyone else - knows a 'slim' and 'easy' external library to include in F360?

As Blue said the key advantage in doing it yourself is that you KNOW the model is correct. Almost all components have a dimensioned drawing in their datasheet and once you get the hang of it, it wont take long to model them up.

That being said if you're just mucking about with a concept and dont care too much about accuracy, i've found a few decent component models on GrabCAD.

I dont personally use F360 so i dont know what file types it supports, but i think most models on grabcad have generic 3D file types you should be able to use?

Thanks!

The cap and resistor aren't absolutely required but it does help. I would insert the cap just in-case you've got allot of noise on your supply rails. 10uF should be okay. Can you draw me a circuit diagram?

cheers

John

There is my drawing for my test et it doesnt works. I have the max 487 ship.

LgIHUPi.jpg

I had test with the nano led for master caution and a 2 pos switch.

Alienware Aurora R8 I7 9700K WC, GeForce 1080 Ti 11Gig, Occulus Rift

I have the base code for my test

/*

Tell DCS-BIOS this is a RS-485 Master.

You will need to flash this to a Mega 2560.

*/

#define DCSBIOS_RS485_MASTER

/*

Define where the TX_ENABLE signals are connected.

You can connect up to three half-duplex RS-485 transceivers.

Arduino Pin RS-485 Transceiver Pin

TXn ------------------- DI (driver input)

RXn ------------------- RO (Receiver Output)

UARTn_TXENABLE_PIN ---- /RE, DE (active low receiver enable, driver enable)

If you have less than three transceivers connected, comment out the corresponding

#define UARTn_TEXENABLE_PIN lines for receivers that are not present.

*/

#define UART1_TXENABLE_PIN 2

/*#define UART2_TXENABLE_PIN 3*/

/*#define UART3_TXENABLE_PIN 4*/

#include "DcsBios.h"

void setup() {

DcsBios::setup();

}

void loop() {

DcsBios::loop();

}

/*

The following #define tells DCS-BIOS that this is a RS-485 slave device.

It also sets the address of this slave device. The slave address should be

between 1 and 126 and must be unique among all devices on the same bus.

*/

#define DCSBIOS_RS485_SLAVE 1

/*

The Arduino pin that is connected to the

/RE and DE pins on the RS-485 transceiver.

*/

#define TXENABLE_PIN 2

#include "DcsBios.h"

/* paste code snippets from the reference documentation here */

DcsBios::Switch2Pos masterArmSw("MASTER_ARM_SW", 5);

//Master Caution Light

DcsBios::LED masterCautionLt(0x1012, 0x0800, 13);

void setup() {

DcsBios::setup();

}

void loop() {

DcsBios::loop();

}

Alienware Aurora R8 I7 9700K WC, GeForce 1080 Ti 11Gig, Occulus Rift

Hi, At first glance it looks okay.

When you operate a switch on the slave do you see the rx light flash on the master?

When you run the sim do you see tx on the master and rx on the slave continually flash?

Do controls configured directly on the master work?

Do you see any messages in the dcs-bios monitor window?

Have you tried replacing your 487 ICs?

Are you measuring 5V at the 487 supply pin?

Can you respond in a PM or create a new thread? This might turn into a long discussion.

cheers

John

I have the base code for my test

Something slightly off-topic, about 2 years ago I began building the 1/32 F/A-18C plastic model. I got as far as the cockpit, I'll go back and finish it one day. DCS and pit building is sucking up all my time...

UOxnSok.jpg

It really keeps amazing me still what effort you put into this Blue, it looks absolutely fantastic and being able to follow your progress like this is great :)

I have been drawing up some rough sketches for a simpit of my own thanks to your inspiration: the goal is to sort of replicate an F-16 style angled instrument hood with a number of general switches (master arm, master caution button w/ LED, perhaps some indicator exports / digital flight instruments) to have a multi-purpose / multi-module simpit.

I have a set of 3 TM MDF's that I want to integrate into this as a center display, but I need to find a widescreen display of around 16'' that is capable of mounting the MFD's next to one another first. Ebay, Banggood and alieexpress have unfortunately not turned up anything promising yet.

Anyhow, thanks for the inspiration!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Groundpounder extraordinaire

SPECS: i7-4790K, MSI Z97 Gaming 7, 16 GB RAM, MSI GTX 980ti, Thrustmaster WARTHOG HOTAS, Saitek Pro Combat Rudder pedals, TrackIR 5

Thanks Nanne! I do hope to start printing it soon, just need to design the rear mounting plate.

We both share the same idea, my plan is to have a generic multi-attachment rear mount allowing any module to be attached, though the end result will be aircraft specific. Your idea is much better for switching between aircraft, I think allot of people would like to have that setup. Looking forward to see it materialise!

It really keeps amazing me still what effort you put into this Blue, it looks absolutely fantastic and being able to follow your progress like this is great :)

I have been drawing up some rough sketches for a simpit of my own thanks to your inspiration: the goal is to sort of replicate an F-16 style angled instrument hood with a number of general switches (master arm, master caution button w/ LED, perhaps some indicator exports / digital flight instruments) to have a multi-purpose / multi-module simpit.

I have a set of 3 TM MDF's that I want to integrate into this as a center display, but I need to find a widescreen display of around 16'' that is capable of mounting the MFD's next to one another first. Ebay, Banggood and alieexpress have unfortunately not turned up anything promising yet.

Anyhow, thanks for the inspiration!

I've brought all models into one design, this shows the rough placement of the front panels I'm aiming for, F360 did start to struggle.

NsiRvoA.png

amazing work as usual buddy!

59th | Casper

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Our Website | Our Facebook Page | YouTube Channel | Our Discord

System : 9900k 5ghz, 32GB 4166mhz Ram, 2080Ti, Hotas Warthog, Virpil WarBRD base, MFG Crosswinds, VR + TrackIR, All Modules For DCS