Shaders mod for better VR performance (experimental) - Page 203 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 09-03-2020, 12:11 PM   #2021
Nealius
Veteran

Has anyone figured out how to optimize these shaders for the Tomcat+Supercarrier? I have everything pretty low/medium/off, and the Tomcat gets mid-high 30s while the Hornet gets low-mid 40's on the Supercarrier in the same missions with the same settings. I've tried changing just about every setting and nothing seems to matter for the Tomcat.

Z390 Aorus Elite | i5-9600k @4.7Ghz | RTX2070 | 32GB DDR4 | Windows 10 | Odyssey Plus | Warthog HOTAS | 20cm Extension
Nealius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2020, 10:15 PM   #2022
Turbohamster

Just wanted to say a massive Thank you to Speed Of Heat and the other members who contributed to this thread.

I'd given up a bit on DCS as could never get it quite right in VR, cockpit instruments were difficult to read and perf was so so. Despite running pretty much the best hardware possible.

Fast forward 6 months and WOW! The optimisations in this thread especially the sharpening method in the cockpit, in the new shaders mod.
And its literally a different game, I have a crystal clear cockpit, much higher settings & pretty much double the frame rates. Mind blown
Turbohamster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2020, 03:43 AM   #2023
speed-of-heat

It’s what the community is meant to do, help others. I’m very glad Kegetys mod and the advice has worked for you.

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-9700K @ 5.1 GHz, 32Gb RAM, EVGA 1080ti FTW 11Gb, Dell S2716DG, Thrustmaster Warthog + MFG Crosswinds V2, HP Reverb Pro SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro x64, VoiceAttack & VIACOM PRO, TacView, CombatFlite

VR Stuff: My 2.5.5 DCS VR Settings, My 2.5.6. DCS VR Settings, Shaders MOD for VR My variant of Kegetys mod with clear water and also IC PASS for current beta & Stable
speed-of-heat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2020, 09:12 AM   #2024
Toumal

This mod no longer works for me on the latest beta, after recompiling no air or ground vehicles are rendered, and cockpits are gone. I did try to delete the shader cache just in case, no change.
Toumal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2020, 09:43 AM   #2025
_Heater_
Veteran

Send a message via MSN to _Heater_

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toumal View Post
This mod no longer works for me on the latest beta, after recompiling no air or ground vehicles are rendered, and cockpits are gone. I did try to delete the shader cache just in case, no change.

Same for me

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk Pro
Tally: I see the degenerate commie who wants to ruin our day.
**Air Combat Wings** - 32nd Virtual Fighter Wing
_Heater_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2020, 10:10 AM   #2026
speed-of-heat

so not sure what you have done; but it is working just fine for me ... try a repair and a reinstall of the MoD you have to do that after each update ...

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-9700K @ 5.1 GHz, 32Gb RAM, EVGA 1080ti FTW 11Gb, Dell S2716DG, Thrustmaster Warthog + MFG Crosswinds V2, HP Reverb Pro SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro x64, VoiceAttack & VIACOM PRO, TacView, CombatFlite

VR Stuff: My 2.5.5 DCS VR Settings, My 2.5.6. DCS VR Settings, Shaders MOD for VR My variant of Kegetys mod with clear water and also IC PASS for current beta & Stable
speed-of-heat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2020, 04:07 PM   #2027
RedeyeStorm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toumal View Post
Had this too. Just quit the mission and restart the mission, no more problem (for me at least). No need to quit DCS.
RedeyeStorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2020, 03:26 AM   #2028
Xman95

awesome mod. Went from 25 FPS to 40 FPS. Thank you guys
Xman95 is offline   Reply With Quote