Notices

Old 10-11-2017, 04:25 AM   #301
kunterbunt

Reputation power: 1
kunterbunt is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironhand View Post
...or...Batumi:

Wow, beautiful city. In the simulation all the cities look so east block Beton square everything looks the same. In reality they actually have breathtaking beauty.
Thanks for sharing.
Old 10-11-2017, 08:51 AM   #302
Magic Zach

Reputation power: 1
Magic Zach will become famous soon enoughMagic Zach will become famous soon enough

8 inches should be enough snow to blanket an entire area and not leave bald spots, at least on flat areas.
Either way, this map has ready been textured. And everything on the map is already so beautiful, so there's not many real legitimate reasons to complain. That is, until we see what the FPS kick will be. It's those trees. Nevada barely has any, and gets easy FPS. The current Caucasus gets worse frames the higher you extend out the tree visibility. Normandy has lots, and some people get stutters and bad FPS (I get the latter), so I tremble to think about the kick this new Caucasus will have!

Last edited by Magic Zach; 10-11-2017 at 08:54 AM.
Magic Zach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 01:34 PM   #303
Ironhand
Veteran

Reputation power: 39
Ironhand is a name known to allIronhand is a name known to allIronhand is a name known to allIronhand is a name known to allIronhand is a name known to allIronhand is a name known to allIronhand is a name known to allIronhand is a name known to allIronhand is a name known to allIronhand is a name known to allIronhand is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiThSpAwN View Post
And I am sure you can find winter pics of those locations with no snow by the coasts as well. Winter doesnt mean 6 feet of snow, least not for everyone.
Hell, I live in northern New England and you can find plenty of winter pics with no snow.

Obviously it doesn't snow that often in Batumi, given its location. The snowfall that helped ring in the 2016 new year was the exception rather than the rule:

GEORGIAN JOURNAL: Let it snow! - Batumi becomes a winter wonderland.

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 16GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.
Ironhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 05:16 PM   #304
rge75

Reputation power: 3
rge75 will become famous soon enoughrge75 will become famous soon enough

In that case, simply make sure to set the date of the missions to winter 16/17 ;-)
rge75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 06:02 PM   #305
BuzzU

Reputation power: 16
BuzzU has a spectacular aura aboutBuzzU has a spectacular aura aboutBuzzU has a spectacular aura aboutBuzzU has a spectacular aura about

I live at 8000ft in the Colorado Rockies and some days in winter will have no snow on the ground. As was said. Winter doesn't always mean deep snow.

Then again. Some days it takes me 3 hours to dig out my Jeep.

"You have reached the pinnacle of success as soon as you become uninterested in money, compliments, or publicity."
BuzzU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 06:10 PM   #306
SiThSpAwN
Community Manager

Reputation power: 98
SiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to behold

Yup, I think its a bit of a cop out to make winter textures solid snow. I would rather have spotty snow, areas of a lot of snow, some areas without. I am pretty happy with the current direction, I think its much better than past Winter textures.

SiThSpAwN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 06:13 PM   #307
BaD CrC
ED Translator

Reputation power: 31
BaD CrC is a name known to allBaD CrC is a name known to allBaD CrC is a name known to allBaD CrC is a name known to allBaD CrC is a name known to allBaD CrC is a name known to allBaD CrC is a name known to allBaD CrC is a name known to allBaD CrC is a name known to allBaD CrC is a name known to allBaD CrC is a name known to all

Wonder if the brownouts will be replaced by whiteouts with choppers when winter season is set on Caucasus 2.5?
Old 10-11-2017, 06:19 PM   #308
Vitormouraa

Reputation power: 43
Vitormouraa is a splendid one to beholdVitormouraa is a splendid one to beholdVitormouraa is a splendid one to beholdVitormouraa is a splendid one to beholdVitormouraa is a splendid one to beholdVitormouraa is a splendid one to beholdVitormouraa is a splendid one to beholdVitormouraa is a splendid one to beholdVitormouraa is a splendid one to beholdVitormouraa is a splendid one to beholdVitormouraa is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Yup, I think its a bit of a cop out to make winter textures solid snow. I would rather have spotty snow, areas of a lot of snow, some areas without. I am pretty happy with the current direction, I think its much better than past Winter textures.
Agreed. I like the way ED made the winter for the Caucasus. Full of snow, everything is white I remember using a mod which did exactly that. I liked it a lot, I'm glad to see it's let's say, official now. I don't have to bother myself with mods and stuff...

SplashOneGaming is a community of viewers, players, and content creators built on combat flight simulation. Flowing through our veins is years of flight simulation experience in a multitude of different platforms. We welcome and encourage all of you to join us, whether you are seasoned or green, looking to learn, teach, or just trying to find someone to fly with.
Discord
Website
Vitormouraa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2017, 01:16 PM   #309
SiThSpAwN
Community Manager

Reputation power: 98
SiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to behold

Guys, wait till its in our hands before we start judging too much, its all WIP. ED appreciates feedback, but its not realistic to give it until you actual are using the products in question. If you have some wishlist items, please use the wishlist section of the forum to discuss.

SiThSpAwN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2017, 01:51 PM   #310
BuzzU

Reputation power: 16
BuzzU has a spectacular aura aboutBuzzU has a spectacular aura aboutBuzzU has a spectacular aura aboutBuzzU has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Guys, wait till its in our hands before we start judging too much, its all WIP. ED appreciates feedback, but its not realistic to give it until you actual are using the products in question. If you have some wishlist items, please use the wishlist section of the forum to discuss.
You don't think an early and late winter map is a good idea? One with heavy snow and one with light snow. The spring map could be eliminated to ease the workload.

"You have reached the pinnacle of success as soon as you become uninterested in money, compliments, or publicity."
BuzzU is offline   Reply With Quote