Hawk Stops while taxiing - Page 5 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 10-08-2017, 10:55 AM   #41
comie1

Reputation power: 9
comie1 has a spectacular aura aboutcomie1 has a spectacular aura aboutcomie1 has a spectacular aura aboutcomie1 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrant07 View Post
I have also had this issue on the ACG server. The only way I could get my brakes to unlock was for a friend in an F-5 to bump me from behind.
i would be surprised if it was the server tho. Just so happens that Alpenwolf was kind enough to add the Hawk for Coxy99 and Myself cacuse we liked flying it and I never see it in other servers.
Old 10-10-2017, 08:17 PM   #42
tflash

Reputation power: 41
tflash is a name known to alltflash is a name known to alltflash is a name known to alltflash is a name known to alltflash is a name known to alltflash is a name known to alltflash is a name known to alltflash is a name known to alltflash is a name known to alltflash is a name known to alltflash is a name known to all

I play single player and have the problem too. I just cannot take off from the runway. I checked brakes etc. to no avail. All is set properly, but the hawk just doesn't move.
Old 10-12-2017, 04:46 PM   #43
Ells228
3rd Party Developer

Reputation power: 76
Ells228 is a splendid one to beholdElls228 is a splendid one to beholdElls228 is a splendid one to beholdElls228 is a splendid one to beholdElls228 is a splendid one to beholdElls228 is a splendid one to beholdElls228 is a splendid one to beholdElls228 is a splendid one to beholdElls228 is a splendid one to beholdElls228 is a splendid one to beholdElls228 is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via MSN to Ells228

Guys,
Can you post up your DCS build numbers (bottom right hand corner) as I'm still not getting any issue taking the Parking brake off on SP or MP on either DCS version.
I'm planning on doing more testing on this tomorrow.

Thanks,
Chris.
Old 10-12-2017, 05:45 PM   #44
tflash

tflash is a name known to alltflash is a name known to alltflash is a name known to alltflash is a name known to alltflash is a name known to alltflash is a name known to alltflash is a name known to alltflash is a name known to alltflash is a name known to alltflash is a name known to alltflash is a name known to all

Mine is 1.5.7.10175.378

I have the problem when I make a mission in the Mission Editor where I take-off from the runway, in this case Senaki.

Tip: it seems related to older missions, I add here one that doesn't work (FT TakeTown) and one that I just created (FT TakeOff) The latter one works perfectly, in the first I cannot move the Hawk.

Thanks for looking into this, I love to fly the Hawk!
Attached Files
File Type: zip Missions.zip (17.1 KB, 2 views)

Last edited by tflash; 10-12-2017 at 06:09 PM.
tflash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 06:38 PM   #45
tflash

He guys I think I found the cause: in the not working mission I set some strong winds. In the working mission there is no wind! When I added wind to the working mission I also got stuck on the runway.
Old 10-12-2017, 06:53 PM   #46
Ells228
3rd Party Developer

Reputation power: 76
Ells228 is a splendid one to beholdElls228 is a splendid one to beholdElls228 is a splendid one to beholdElls228 is a splendid one to beholdElls228 is a splendid one to beholdElls228 is a splendid one to beholdElls228 is a splendid one to beholdElls228 is a splendid one to beholdElls228 is a splendid one to beholdElls228 is a splendid one to beholdElls228 is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via MSN to Ells228

Ok thanks, I'll do some more digging tomorrow.
Old 10-14-2017, 01:32 PM   #47
Auntystatic

Reputation power: 1
Auntystatic is on a distinguished road

I did tflash's wind thing as in my mission with a 6knt wind I got stuck, took the wind off the mission and saved it now it crashes to desktop before it even loads, I will have to try this by making a completely new mission, why does ED do this to my beloved aircraft.......

Edit: new mission built as it looked like the original had an error built in, so no wind at all Hawk all good, put wind in Hawk gets stuck just outside the hanger or any where between and the runway if you stop, also sometimes won't move after startup from hard standing, take wind off from ground level leaving upper level wind Hawk behaves normally.

So for me its only ground level wind stops it dead in its tracks, hope that helps you guys out.

Danielle

version 1.5.7.10175

P.s not tried Nevada yet or Normandy

Last edited by Auntystatic; 10-15-2017 at 10:54 AM.
Auntystatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2017, 01:39 PM   #48
joey45
Veteran

Reputation power: 171
joey45 has much to be proud ofjoey45 has much to be proud ofjoey45 has much to be proud ofjoey45 has much to be proud ofjoey45 has much to be proud ofjoey45 has much to be proud ofjoey45 has much to be proud ofjoey45 has much to be proud ofjoey45 has much to be proud ofjoey45 has much to be proud ofjoey45 has much to be proud of

Tried my test mission from cold start.

Without wind I could move and take off fine.
Added wind I couldn't move a pixel...

Also found a a bug with the nose wheel not moving..

EDIT: using version 1.5.7.10175
The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.
"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."
RAF Viggens liveries link TBD. If you have the link there is a new download to try. ask to test.

Last edited by joey45; 10-14-2017 at 01:45 PM.
joey45 is offline   Reply With Quote