[A-10C] Operation Titan Angel

DOWNLOAD LINK: https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/2504663/

OperationTitanAngelKey.png

OPERATION TITAN ANGEL drops you in the seat of a US Air Force A-10C in a low intensity counter insurgency operation nicknamed TITAN ANGEL in the Caucasus region.

Coordinate with air and ground assets to locate and eliminate insurgent forces operating in the region.

OPERATION TITAN ANGEL - ASSETS TRAILER

Welcome to Operation Titan Angel.

Your mission is to provide Close Air Support to Task Force Atlas consisting of Georgian armored units (Bravo and Charlie) accompanied by a group of US Air Force JTACs (Alpha)

To your help you have two Georgian Air Force SU-25s (Frog) and one US Air Force MQ-9 Reaper available to provide fire and intel support.

TASKING

At mission start Task Force Atlas will be standing by somewhere in the Georgian and Abkhazian regions of the map (use F10 menu to request their current position). When you are in range to provide air support - check in with Atlas at their current postion and they will move to and designate/engage enemy ground units in the area. Once a target is taken out, Atlas will advance on the next target in the area, or you may be given the location of another TF Atlas detachment to support. Note that not all targets are confirmed combatants. If a target is not an apparent threat of military type the ROE are to hold fire until the target units are confirmed hostile. If you do not follow the ROE or order any of the support units to fire on an target that is not confirmed hostile or military it will result in a mission fail.

GROUNT UNITS

Bravo and Charlie consists of Georgian armored units (BMP, T72). Embedded with the ground units is a US Air Force JTAC ready to designate targets. At mission start they will be standing by at different locations around Georgia and Abkhazia. Use the F10 menu to request their position, command them to advance, relocate, hold, designate targets, mark their own position with smoke and hold/open fire. When they are given the order to advance they will move towards the targets last known position. They can advance either on or off road, or in specified direction. They can report their own current position either via MGRS coordinates or by marking their position with colored smoke or flares. When the ground units are given the order to hold fire they will do so until they start taking fire, at which point they will defend themselves.

AIR UNITS

There are three air units on standby. A US Air Force MQ-9 Reaper that will move towards the target units position and orbit the target and designate units by threat prioritization. The Reaper is autonomous and will not often need orders, unless you want it to engage targets. It can either engage any target at will with a specific weapon, or it can be ordered to attack a specific target with a specific weapon. The Reaper can also report its current fuel and weapon status.

The two Georgian SU-25s standing by can be ordered to take off individually with either extra fuel or extra missiles. They always carry a full load of cannon rounds and four rocket pods, but you can choose wether they take off with two extra fuel tanks (increasing their range), or two or four missiles (increasing their firepower). Once airborne they can move to form up on your or each others wing to act as a wingman, or move to specified IPs around the map, or move to the targets current position. If the latter is selected they will move at mil power (arriving sooner, but burning more fuel - thus decreasing their range). Just like the Reaper they can either engage a target of their own choosing or a specific target with a specific weapon. They can also report their current position, fuel and weapon status.

Note that all air units will report when they have used up half their fuel, and they will automatically RTB when they are running low on fuel.

INTEL

If any of the ground units or the Reaper has eyes on target you will be able to get intel on the targets current position, heading (if moving) and composition. If none of the ground units or the Reaper has eyes on the target no intel will be available.

TANKERS

Arco - Arco track / 295.4 MHz AM / TACAN 31Y

Shell - Shell track / 293.1 MHz AM / TACAN 52Y

Texaco - Texaco track / 291.9 MHz AM / TACAN 33Y

---------------------------

DIFFICULTY LEVEL

The skill of the opposition is, as many other things in this mission, completely random.

You are expected to have medium to advanced knowledge of how to operate the A-10C to get the richest experience of this mission. At a minimum you will need to be able to plug in and fly to MGRS coordinates, aswell as use the targeting pod to laser spot search.

You have alot of support with you in the sky and on the ground, so you will not be alone. Just remember to coordinate their attacks with your own to make maximum use of their capabilities.

DOWNLOAD LINK: https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/2504663/

If you find any bugs or have any issues, please let me know here.

Enjoy!

Edited by EasyEB

Another great randomized mission.:thumbup:

Haven't seen any evil spawning manpads yet. Are there any air defense units in this one?

Did have one issue where enemies seemed to want to cross the river but couldn't so they just drove around in circles. Screenshots for location.

Another time enemies didn't move at all but I assumed that they aren't always on the move.

Another great randomized mission.:thumbup:

Haven't seen any evil spawning manpads yet. Are there any air defense units in this one?

Did have one issue where enemies seemed to want to cross the river but couldn't so they just drove around in circles. Screenshots for location.

Another time enemies didn't move at all but I assumed that they aren't always on the move.

No the Dismounts script is not implemented in this one. Yet.

Ah yes, the old circle maneuver to confuse your enemy. Yeah that's a pathfinding issue. I'll see about blacklisting that location.

And you are correct, they do not always drive.

Thanks for the report!

Don't know what to say ... This is amazing.

Is this is the result of our little late night chat sessions? :-)

Fantastic and congratulations on this great work!

Thank you for your support and your great engagement!

Sven

[TABLE][sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]|

[/TABLE]

Don't know what to say ... This is amazing.

Is this is the result of our little late night chat sessions? :-)

Fantastic and congratulations on this great work!

Thank you for your support and your great engagement!

Sven

Yes, it's all thanks to you and Moose!

I'm the one who should be thankful for your support. Couldn't have done it without you!

Mission updated. Besides small adjustments and bug fixes, major highlights are:

-The Reaper can be ordered to orbit target once a task is started. This functions as an abort command if you order it to engage a target and for some reason want it to stop the attack and resume the target orbit and designation.

-Kursha 1-1 can now be given the command to anchor at its current position.

-Adjustments and more variety in targets, now also includes some buildings.

Thanks EasyEB! Another great mission. I don't think I would have as much fun in DCS without your missions.

Hey thanks alot man! I appreciate it!

It's starting to come together! I can't wait trying your mission!

Yeah man, it went alot faster than I thought too! Hope you like it!

Edited by EasyEB

Hi EasyEB, I noticed that no matter what option I have set for the F10 map I cannot see the enemy. I usually play with the fog of war option but it doesn't seem to work. Is this intentional for realism?

Hi EasyEB, I noticed that no matter what option I have set for the F10 map I cannot see the enemy. I usually play with the fog of war option but it doesn't seem to work. Is this intentional for realism?

I think fog of war is enablad, I don't use the F10 map though so I might be wrong. I've got an update coming, I'll see if I can straighten out the map until then.

Update - Operation Titan Angel 1.1.4

-There was a bug that made the SU-25T Kursha 1-1 not engage targets at certain places and/or distances. The bug persists, bug Kursha 1-1 now has to be within 25 nautical miles from the target to engage. You can ask Kursha 1-1 how far away he is via the F10 radio.

-The SU-25T Kursha 1-1 now carries two Kh-25ML missiles, instead of sixteen Vikhrs.

-The SU-25T Kursha 1-1 now fires a quarter of it's remaining missiles every time it does a specific target attack, so the rockets will last a little longer.

-The SU-25T Kursha 1-1 can be ordered RTB where it will rearm and refuel and be available for further tasking after 10 minutes on the ground.

Update - Operation Titan Angel 1.1.6

-Bug that caused ground units to continue to advance even though halt command was given/new task started fixed.

-SU-25T Kursha 1-1 will now report when its in range for attack.

Damn EasyEB! It's awesome how dedicated you are in bug fixing.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Trying to walk the line between getting it out as fast as I can and making it as best I can :)

Update - Operation Titan Angel 1.2.5

-Lots of small bug fixes.

-Ground units at last act as intended in regards to advancing and halting.

-Gound unit Bravo now consists of Georgian armed forces (BTR-80/BMP-2/T-72B). They use EPLRS just like Alpha, but watch your fire and order them to pop smoke when they are in contact to avoid friendly fire! THEY LOOK JUST LIKE THE ENEMY GUYS! :)

-Kursha 1 now has company from Kursha 2, so you now have two Georgian SU-25T to order around.

-Kursha flights speed increased when ordered to move to target location. Note that this will also increase their fuel consumption...

Update - Operation Titan Angel 1.2.8

-Both Cursha flights can now start with option of extra fuel or extra missiles. Extra fuel means two missiles + external tanks, extra missiles means four missiles (two of which are the potent Kh-29). Both options have four rocket pods.

-Both Cursha flights can now report fuel status. They do not RTB when bingo fuel, so you need to check their fuel status and send them back manually.

-Ground units now start closer to the enemy.

I'd like to add my thanks also for this mission. I am enjoying it very much.

Hey thanks alot man, I appreciate it!

Also...

Update 1.3.1

-Kursha flights loadouts changed. The Kh-29 was causing errors making the planes ignore the attack orders. So, until I figure out a solution for that they start with either fuel tanks and two S-25L, or two S-25L and two Kh-25.

-Further bug fixes with ground units advancing. The problem was that once either Alpha or Bravo had been destroyed, on the next task when a new Alpha or Bravo has started,they would advance to the target but not update the waypoint if the target moved.Now I think I've finally sorted it so that they countinually move and follow the target.

Sorry for any inconveniances that was caused by this.

Edited by EasyEB

Hi, not sure what happened to my previous post where I provided this feedback:

Great work and everything, it's surprising more people aren't doing randomized missions for DCS :)

Issues:

The JTAC lasing is an issue in MP Coop on moving vehicles. The vehicles move quite fast and the GBU's land several car lengths behind the targets as a result.

The F10 radio menu gets cluttered with duplicate entries for almost all the sub options when doing MP coop and doing a few new target requests.

Replayability/play time feedback is: I found that it's like a JTAC and CDU coordinate entry training and after clearing a few targets it becomes repetitive. You don't feel like there is a consequence to not hitting a target, or hitting it, and the ground force support isn't really required it seems.

So it should be random IMHO, but with clear objectives beyond hit X, ones which have win/lose results based on some strategy or just good performance.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]