KC-130 has the same amount of fuel as C-130?

Silvern

Upon checking mission builder and the .lua of C-130 and KC-130. I've noticed both planes have the same amount of fuel. Does the KC-130 not account for the internal fuel tank inside the cargo compartment that is used for refueling missions?

3,600 gallon stainless steel tank. I'm not sure if the airplane can operate from that tank or if it's just for offload. Not including this special tank there are 60,000 lbs. fuel including wing tanks of which 57,000 lbs. or less is available for offload based on the need for the KC. Specs reference the KC-130J.

Ok, thanks.

But this isn’t the KC-130J in game...

If I’m not mistaken, 3600 gallons is about 23 700lbs !!!

[Edit] Apparently the same cargo tank is used on KC-130T, fuel can be offloaded or used by the engines.

http://www.c-130.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=27041

Edited by jojo

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

Flickr gallery: https://www.flickr.com/gp/71068385@N02/728Hbi

Yup, that is the one.

Easy and quick lua fix. :)

So the KC-130 in game should hold an additional 23,000 lbs of fuel?

Aurora R7 || i7K 8700K || 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s || 2TB M.2 PCIe x4 SSD || GTX 1080 Ti with 11GB GDDR5X || Windows 10 Pro || 32GB Dual Channel DDR4 at 2667MHz || Virpil Warbird Base || Virpil T-50 Stick || Virpil MT-50 Throttle || Thrustmaster TPR Pedals || Oculus Rift

So the KC-130 in game should hold an additional 23,000 lbs of fuel?

Yes.

currently, the KC130 can only supply 3 Harriers before returning to its base...

That is why they use the additional tank IRL. Those 23,000 lbs sure do go a long way when providing fuel. :)

I'm guessing ED coded the KC-130 as having separate fuel for self use and available for offload. The 20830 kg (45,922 lbs.) maximum fuel leaves what should be a considerable offload abiity.

Given the 79380 maximum weight which corresponds to the overload takeoff condition there should be lots of offload fuel available.

I got from a 100% fuel KC-130 with "thirst config" Mirage about 7000kg the first time and 3700kg the second time. In the middle of the second refueling the tanker ran out of fuel and retracted the hose.

Second try with same config but 10% fuel KC-130 refueling stopped after only taking on 600kg. Maybe it was out of fuel to offload or maybe it ran out of internal fuel and bingoed off task. I'd have to try 20%, etc. to make sure.

I'm guessing ED coded the KC-130 as having separate fuel for self use and available for offload. The 20830 kg (45,922 lbs.) maximum fuel leaves what should be a considerable offload abiity.

Given the 79380 maximum weight which corresponds to the overload takeoff condition there should be lots of offload fuel available.

I got from a 100% fuel KC-130 with "thirst config" Mirage about 7000kg the first time and 3700kg the second time. In the middle of the second refueling the tanker ran out of fuel and retracted the hose.

Second try with same config but 10% fuel KC-130 refueling stopped after only taking on 600kg. Maybe it was out of fuel to offload or maybe it ran out of internal fuel and bingoed off task. I'd have to try 20%, etc. to make sure.

In DCS KC-130 and C-130 use the same amount of fuel. You can check the KC-130 and C-130 lua or their mission editor values.

DCS KC-130 has no fuel to offload besides it's internal fuel.

• 2 weeks later...
Since when do the tankers return to base? They always run out of fuel and crew ejects in my case... rdlaugh.png

Same for S-3B btw

On some servers, the Aerobatics Online Caucasus server for example, they've set up tankers on a rotating basis. I guess they set them on a timer so that they don't run out of fuel or perhaps they just set unlimited fuel. Don't rightly know.

Yeah but the problem is times don't solve the issue. If you take up a couple jets with empty fuel tanks to practice you can run the tanker dry

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Aurora R7 || i7K 8700K || 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s || 2TB M.2 PCIe x4 SSD || GTX 1080 Ti with 11GB GDDR5X || Windows 10 Pro || 32GB Dual Channel DDR4 at 2667MHz || Virpil Warbird Base || Virpil T-50 Stick || Virpil MT-50 Throttle || Thrustmaster TPR Pedals || Oculus Rift

• 2 weeks later...

Would be nice if the Dev's could comment on if they are going to fix this and give the KC-130J heck even the H the actual fuel load it's meant to have, which is at minimum 27,215kg (60k lbs) with out the extra 11,064kg that it can take in its cargo hold.

Even if it was made out to be the KC-130T it would still have 60,000 pounds of fuel + the extra 24pounds that the bladder could carry.. would be nice if we didn't suck it dry so quickly :/

i7 13700k, 64gb DDR5, Warthog HOTAS, HP Reverb G2 VR, win 11, RTX 3070

TGW Dedicated Server Admin, Australian PVE/PVP gameplay. (taskgroupwarrior.info/2020)

Would be great to know because for our squadron this is getting an issue right now... We need to have at least 3 tankers available because of this, the f18 is a thirsty beast :D

Gesendet von meinem F5121 mit Tapatalk

In our squadron we just did the "fix" ourselves and it works great, but it would be even better to have an official one.

• 1 month later...