Tarawa will get flight crews too?

Herastean

Curious about this.

I've seen that the F14 will be compatible. Maybe not straight away but it'll be.

The Russian Carrier will also get crews apparently, which is nice!

But what about the helicopter carrier?

I know its a totally different procedure, that would most likely work like an airfield, and airfield crews are not going to be implemented anything soon.

It'd be really awesome to see a fully manned carrier along with a Tarawa with all them little guys running around to help the pilots move around and such.

Any word on that LHD crew being added too?

I would expect every aircraft will interact with ATC, kind of defeats the purpose if they don't. That said, about the animated crew, they're specific to THAT ship as part of a paid module. The ED Nimitz having animated crews has nothing to do with the Tarawa, a separate entity altogether (part of Harrier module or not, I'm not sure) by a separate developer. I can't comment on the Kuz as I haven't been following, but again the Nimitz crew has nothing to do with the Kuz, although that WOULD explain why they would make it part of the paid pack.

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

Not sure if the plans have changed, but some statements were that for deckcrew it would be up to razbam to decide if they wanted to put them onto the tarawa and if they would charge the players for it.

The newest I heard was also that the kuz is not getting crew and that the harrier won't be able to interact with the atc and also not with the crew on the Stennis.

These informations are not official, just what I have read and not sure if it is current.

Louis|Dancer, foundation member of the digital Swiss Air Force, a group of enthusiasts trying to imitate everything that has to do with Swiss military aviation on dcs. If you want to join us, contact us via instagram.

our youtube chanel:dSAF

our instagram:dSAF

my rusty pc: msi gtx1080ti / ryzen 5 2600x / ga-ab350 gaming motherboard / 16gb ram / rift cv1 / warthog

Yeah, no real news, but I would assume no. And I wouldn't expect any news "soon".

Frankly, you still can't take off from the tarwa on most online servers due to the spawn bug thats like 1.5 years old now? And the online Farp situation currently is almost as bad.

Also while you can kind of get the new "half working" ATC system working, I'm actually not sure its procedural correct for the harrier.

I advise folks to not buy the harrier in its current state due to all the other issues going on with it.

Edited by Harlikwin

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

I advise folks to not buy the harrier in its current state due to all the other issues going on with it.

Sad thing is that most of those long standing issues are because of ED faults, not Razbam... but who gets less products sold is Razbam... I hope they will get some sort of compensation from ED tough...

Frankly, you still can't take off from the tarwa on most online servers due to the spawn bug thats like 1.5 years old now? And the online Farp situation currently is almost as bad

You mean the bug that got fixed with the last patch? That bug? You can spawn on the Tarawa fine, cold and dark. Been doing it routinely since 256 launched. They also fixed all the CTDs, glitchy HUD, and most other issues.

@itarrow

Been fixed already.

The RazBam bashing was never ''cool'' but it's definitely unwarranted now

Edited by zhukov032186

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

I love flying the harrier, I have been able to spawn on the Tarawa and take off for nearly a year now on a multiplayer server. There was a painless workaround that is now fixed with the last patch

I don't have any issues with the Harrier. I can taxi, takeoff, shoot things, blow things up, I land, Rolling or Vertical (suit yourself), I can even fly backwards (Bet a hornet cant do that unless its falling out of the sky - I have done that).

Sad thing is that most of those long standing issues are because of ED faults, not Razbam... but who gets less products sold is Razbam... I hope they will get some sort of compensation from ED tough...

Honestly I'm not interested in who's fault it is. I just want it fixed and sorted out. I'll check with the latest patch if its actually fixed. It certainly never made the change log. And I'm not interested in "workarounds". I was never able to get re-slot thing to work personally.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).