DCS last Update: Big problem !!!

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ED Team
hang on a bit, if they are going to delete them, and we have already deleted ours?

You can either restore your custom ones, or it will still be the same deal, you will need to redo them as planned. Once you customize the new ones, it should create a new file in Saved Games, that will still be there after Monday as the Saved Games folder isnt altered by updates.

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

You can either restore your custom ones, or it will still be the same deal, you will need to redo them as planned. Once you customize the new ones, it should create a new file in Saved Games, that will still be there after Monday as the Saved Games folder isnt altered by updates.

So maybe this has already been answered. But with this hotfix/walkaroud, if we restore to our old custom bindings but then after, re-save them, will they be in the new correct format that the new default bindings are now in?

Edit: by re-save, I mean save so that they export out and can be re-loaded/imported back to the game

Edited by MagicMeeks

"master arm/safe/training" sounds like an A-10C and this switch is not on the A-10C throttle. Have they messed with the A-10C Warthog throttle mapping?

Oops. Sorry. My button box has it :) But PATH/ALT HDG/ALT would be another example. I haven't had chance to test A10C, but given that there was no need to configure anything, as it was a true plug-n-play, I wouldn't expect anything bad. (if you made changes to assignment, I guess all bets are off)

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

I haven't any problem with key with control binding after applying last update.

Perhaps I'm lucky :)

Current specs: Windows 10 64bit, i7-7700K @ 4.8 Ghz, 32 GB RAM, 1 To SSD, RTX2070-Super, TrackIR 5, TM Warthog, TM T.Flight Rudder Pedals

question, after sending the files to the bin, but not deleting in case, I put them back, but they are all messed up, like $ROLR2D.8lua and lots of others?

One must "restore" from the bin and not move the files back.

That is one possibility. DOS used to put a $ in front of deleted files which could only be restored by an undelete to get the name back and the use of the file.

That is the only possibility I can think of. There could be others of course.

Win 10 pro 64 bit. Intel i7 4790 4 Ghz running at 4.6. Asus z97 pro wifi main board, 32 gig 2400 ddr3 gold ram, 50 inch 4K UHD and HDR TV for monitor. H80 cpu cooler. 8 other cooling fans in full tower server case. Soundblaster ZX sound card. EVGA 1080 TI FTW3. TM Hotas Wartog. TM T.16000M MFG Crosswinds Pedals. Trackir 5.

"Everyone should fly a Spitfire at least once" John S. Blyth

hmm thanks drummer, only thing is I do that all the time with other files inc luas, and this is the first time it happened, still too late now there all gone!

it wont be as bad if the only control binds I need to do will be the shark, not the whole lot on Monday, wondering if I don't choose to update, itl be all fine till its an official setting, as we I would assume have mostly re done them by now?

@NineLine:I've so far had little trouble with lost control bindings in OB. But today I found a strange one: So far 2 cases where the same switch ot control has been bound to 2 commands. It's normally imposible for a user to use the same control signa for 2 different commands. One example:

On the Bf-109 I use the slider on my TMWH throttle for elevator trim.

When I tried to set the trim during a flight today, it changed my view zoom. When I went into "Adjust Controls" I found that the slider "JOY_SLIDER1" was bound to both "Trim Stabilizer" and "View Zoom". Whatever the intent was, an update should never create double-bindings.

By the way, the related binding lines were not highlighted in red as the usually are when the software detects a problem.

And, please, tell the developers: "Do not try to improve binding files (I guess it's the "...diff.lua" files) that the user has already modified by adding or deleting bindings!"

Edit: In the Bf-109 I also found some double-bindings for switches. This was caused by the addition of bindings for MW50 Fuel Switch, Nav Lights, Rudder Left and Right.

Plus they've bound my left throttle axis, which was already bound to "Flaps analog", to "Engine RPM setting". So my flaps would not extend :(

Edited by LeCuvier

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

Same here and even after reassigning they appear red and are not functioning, also the keyboard command is not working for a few of them. For me its weapon selection and sensor select in the F18.

Snip snip snip ...

Same here. I'm more than irritated. I have ALL modules and most are dorked. Thanks ED! Thanks for deciding how I need to spend my time to get back to where I was. This destroys continuity in the game. Especially when my backups fail to resolve the problem. The end result is, we have to rebind and relearn aircraft because there is no way to remember all the bindings I used to have. This is why I created a backup. Who thought this was a good thing?

Even by back-up profile settings wont work. Plus I also have the reddish box colour of a few control settings, and I now cant assign my speed brake on the F18 in this specific red outline control box.

How do I fix it? :mad:

Note: It's effecting mostly my Virpil MongoosT-50 Throttle. I just HATE, absolutely H_A_T_E it when DCS overwrite at updates and no amount of backup control settings will populate your preferred joystick and throttle binds. This is not the first time.

This is horrendously time consuming; try over 70 key-binds on my Virpil throttle alone! :cry:

Now to labour again -- just to play for an hour or so -- to rebind all that keys, given the complexity of my specific peripherals and given ED's module control complexity itself.....

Some programmer either did not think about this, dismissed it, or could not be bothered.

FIXIT or DO SOMEFINK !

Edited by WineCape

"This medical officer has used my ship to carry his genitals from port to port, and my officers to carry him from bar to bar" -- British Officer Combat Report

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

| VKB GunFighter II (Rev.B pin) + MCG-Pro | VIRPIL MongoosT-50 | MFG CrossWind | TrackIR5 | MonsterTech Throttle Mount | Win10Pro | MSI GTX 1660Ti | i7-4790K CPU | 16GB RAM | 1080p/144Hz Monitor | DCS on Samsung SSD 850 Pro |

No-one's shrugged their shoulders and walked on.

You've been told that behind the scenes work is on-going, and out front Nineline has been actively trying to help users & provide both explanations and support.

One thing though - These changes made it through a change advisory board, DEV, staging, UAT (closed testing).

There's a testers group that used the changed files and either had few problems (I had no issues), or understood that in moving to a point that allowed easier implementation of future developments there would be some re-configuration necessary.

...and then in your path to release... - See this bit: "PRE-PROD (test final integration)" ?

That's you, right now.

In using the Beta, you are accepting that you are not prod, you are a tester who will experience bugs and unforeseen outcomes.

Some people have found that the changes brought a lot of issues.

& that's why there's an open beta, so the inconvenience can as much as possible be experienced by people that have already said they are prepared to accept the inconvenience of an unstable build.

Personally, I accept the coms about the possibility of issues could have been better, but I see one of the biggest unforeseen outcomes that occurred here being an underestimation of how many people expect the open-beta testing to actually be a stable release.

Which means you've thought about the possibility of exactly this happening, and realised you'd rather have a stable build and wait for the features to come to 'PROD".

Good insight :)

Just more excuses.

This wasnt tested or approved prior to release... at least I hope it wasnt. If it was and it was let through ... well thats even worse.

This is not a simple "works on my machine, not on end user with X specifics" type bug, this is a major **** up. And a simple one to fix - code wise, merge prioritization should have end user settings merged last so they properly override base defaults - and easy to find if anyone bothered to test the release for more than 5 minutes.

One of the biggest rules in software development : dont **** with end user settings without being super extra careful.

In the meantime here is a temp fix (adapt to your own needs then save it as .bat file and run it or copy the whole thing to a command line):

del "D:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Mods\aircraft\A-10C\Input\A-10C\joystick\*.diff.lua"

del "D:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Mods\aircraft\Ka-50\Input\Ka-50\joystick\*.diff.lua"

del "D:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Mods\aircraft\Yak-52\Input\Yak-52\joystick\*.diff.lua"

del "D:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Mods\aircraft\FW-190D9\Input\FW-190D9\joystick\*.diff.lua"

del "D:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Mods\aircraft\Bf-109K-4\Input\Bf-109K-4\joystick\*.diff.lua"

del "D:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Mods\aircraft\FA-18C\Input\FA-18C\joystick\*.diff.lua"

del "D:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Mods\aircraft\F-86\Input\F-86\joystick\*.diff.lua"

del "D:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Mods\aircraft\F-5E\Input\F-5E\joystick\*.diff.lua"

del "D:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Mods\aircraft\L-39C\Input\L-39C\joystick\*.diff.lua"

del "D:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Mods\aircraft\M-2000C\Input\M-2000C\joystick\*.diff.lua"

del "D:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Mods\aircraft\Mi-8MTV2\Input\Mi-8MTV2\joystick\*.diff.lua"

del "D:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Mods\aircraft\MiG-15bis\Input\MiG-15bis\joystick\*.diff.lua"

del "D:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Mods\aircraft\MIG-21bis\Input\MIG-21bis\joystick\*.diff.lua"

del "D:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Mods\aircraft\P-51D\Input\P-51D\joystick\*.diff.lua"

del "D:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Mods\aircraft\SA342\Input\SA342\joystick\*.diff.lua"

del "D:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Mods\aircraft\SpitfireLFMkIX\Input\SpitfireLFMkIX\joystick\*.diff.lua"

del "D:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Mods\aircraft\Su-25T\Input\Su-25T\joystick\*.diff.lua"

del "D:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Mods\aircraft\TF-51D\Input\TF-51D\joystick\*.diff.lua"

del "D:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Mods\aircraft\Uh-1H\Input\Uh-1H\joystick\*.diff.lua"

del "D:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Mods\aircraft\Flaming/ Cliffs\Input\a-10a\joystick\*.diff.lua"

del "D:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Mods\aircraft\Flaming/ Cliffs\Input\f-15c\joystick\*.diff.lua"

del "D:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Mods\aircraft\Flaming/ Cliffs\Input\j-11a\joystick\*.diff.lua"

del "D:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Mods\aircraft\Flaming/ Cliffs\Input\mig-29\joystick\*.diff.lua"

del "D:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Mods\aircraft\Flaming/ Cliffs\Input\mig-29c\joystick\*.diff.lua"

del "D:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Mods\aircraft\Flaming/ Cliffs\Input\mig-29g\joystick\*.diff.lua"

del "D:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Mods\aircraft\Flaming/ Cliffs\Input\su-25\joystick\*.diff.lua"

del "D:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Mods\aircraft\Flaming/ Cliffs\Input\su-27\joystick\*.diff.lua"

del "D:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Mods\aircraft\Flaming/ Cliffs\Input\su-33\joystick\*.diff.lua"

Anyone, feel free to improve upon on it if you find a better way to go about it.

PS: this one will "break" your installation files, not the Saved Games files, but backup those anyway, who knows what else is messed up.

Oh and by the way, I love DCS World to death. I play it everyday, I got all the modules (see my sig), I get all the stuff as soon as, and its the ONLY thing I play. I am part of a Squad that also plays everyday called "Esquadra 701". I show my support everyday in every way I can, and that INCLUDES calling stuff out when I see it.

Edited by SilentWarrior

Proud owner of DCS: FC3, A-10C Warthog, F-14A/B Tomcat, F-5E Tiger, Mig21bis Fishbed, Mirage 2000C, Nevada Test Site, Normandy, Ka-50 Black Shark, Mi-8MTV2 Magnificent Eight, UH-1H Huey, SA342 Gazelle, Bf 109 K-4 Kurfurst, FW 190 D-9 Dora, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, P-51D Mustang Combined Arms, Hawk T.1A, L-39 Albatros, NS 430 Nav System, F-86F Sabre, MiG-15bis, AV-8B Night Attack V/STOL, F/A-18C Hornet, Yak-52 and the mighty AJS-37 Viggen! :music_whistling:

17 pages and going to 18 I'm sure.

In the grand scheme of things, when ED dose whatever it is trying to do. Will I still be able to use TARGET Script Editor to map my TM Warthog Throttle and Stick?

Are there going to changes to the way we use the "Combined Virtual Controller"?

As of the "announcement" I haven't even bothered to look at or start DCS. I'll wait till the hotfix and see if everything is OK.

Night Ops in the Harrier

IYAOYAS

I have this problem. I had assigned theatre and flyby views to my Throttle, after this update it no longer works even after I rebound them.

Havent lost any bindings, the problem is that some of them dont work even though it is showing them being mapped

del "D:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Mods\aircraft\A-10C\Input\A-10C\joystick\*.diff.lua"

del "D:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Mods\aircraft\Ka-50\Input\Ka-50\joystick\*.diff.lua"

del "D:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Mods\aircraft\Yak-52\Input\Yak-52\joystick\*.diff.lua"

del "D:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Mods\aircraft\FW-190D9\Input\FW-190D9\joystick\*.diff.lua"

del "D:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Mods\aircraft\Bf-109K-4\Input\Bf-109K-4\joystick\*.diff.lua"

del "D:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Mods\aircraft\FA-18C\Input\FA-18C\joystick\*.diff.lua"

del "D:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Mods\aircraft\F-86\Input\F-86\joystick\*.diff.lua"

del "D:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Mods\aircraft\F-5E\Input\F-5E\joystick\*.diff.lua"

del "D:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Mods\aircraft\L-39C\Input\L-39C\joystick\*.diff.lua"

del "D:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Mods\aircraft\M-2000C\Input\M-2000C\joystick\*.diff.lua"

del "D:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Mods\aircraft\Mi-8MTV2\Input\Mi-8MTV2\joystick\*.diff.lua"

del "D:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Mods\aircraft\MiG-15bis\Input\MiG-15bis\joystick\*.diff.lua"

del "D:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Mods\aircraft\MIG-21bis\Input\MIG-21bis\joystick\*.diff.lua"

del "D:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Mods\aircraft\P-51D\Input\P-51D\joystick\*.diff.lua"

del "D:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Mods\aircraft\SA342\Input\SA342\joystick\*.diff.lua"

del "D:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Mods\aircraft\SpitfireLFMkIX\Input\SpitfireLFMkIX\joystick\*.diff.lua"

del "D:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Mods\aircraft\Su-25T\Input\Su-25T\joystick\*.diff.lua"

del "D:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Mods\aircraft\TF-51D\Input\TF-51D\joystick\*.diff.lua"

del "D:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Mods\aircraft\Uh-1H\Input\Uh-1H\joystick\*.diff.lua"

del "D:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Mods\aircraft\Flaming/ Cliffs\Input\a-10a\joystick\*.diff.lua"

del "D:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Mods\aircraft\Flaming/ Cliffs\Input\f-15c\joystick\*.diff.lua"

del "D:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Mods\aircraft\Flaming/ Cliffs\Input\j-11a\joystick\*.diff.lua"

del "D:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Mods\aircraft\Flaming/ Cliffs\Input\mig-29\joystick\*.diff.lua"

del "D:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Mods\aircraft\Flaming/ Cliffs\Input\mig-29c\joystick\*.diff.lua"

del "D:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Mods\aircraft\Flaming/ Cliffs\Input\mig-29g\joystick\*.diff.lua"

del "D:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Mods\aircraft\Flaming/ Cliffs\Input\su-25\joystick\*.diff.lua"

del "D:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Mods\aircraft\Flaming/ Cliffs\Input\su-27\joystick\*.diff.lua"

del "D:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Mods\aircraft\Flaming/ Cliffs\Input\su-33\joystick\*.diff.lua"

Or, your could just navigate with command prompt to "C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Mods\Aircraft" and there type:

del *.diff.lua /S

That deletes all of those files recursively.

GPU: PALIT NVIDIA RTX 3080 10GB | CPU: Intel Core i7-9700K 4,9GHz | RAM: 64GB DDR4 3000MHz
VR: HP Reverb G2 | HOTAS: TM Warthog Throttle and Stick

How to begin...

After reading these past 17 pages, crying to myself, and then weighing my options, I decided to give these new control profiles a go with one module (just one...for now) and I went and deleted my old custom control profile.

However, I soon realized my my question is this...

Is there a way to figure out what each button/switch/axis does what with this new profile, other than going through and figuring out each one, one by one? I'm afraid there's not a controls mapping "guide" or anything of sorts for these new control profiles, is there? I think at this point I can either just start pressing things to figure out what each one does, OR I can go through the controls and try to figure out what "JOY_BTN2", "JOY_BTN6", "JOY_Z", (etc.) actually correspond to on my stick and throttle.

TL;DR:

I'm using this new default control profile given to me by ED, and I feel more confused than ever. Would I better off as a new user if someone just gave me a list of recommended/necessary controls and let me decide what button/switch/axis to assign each one to? Would this be easier than someone deciding on those controls for me, mapping them for me, and then letting me figure out what each control is actually mapped to?

Edited by _Silens_
error fixing

Intel i7-4790k @ 4.5Ghz | Corsair H80i v2 | EVGA GTX 1080 FTW Hybrid | 24GB RAM (2x8 & 2x4) | Samsung 850 Evo 500Gb, Crucial MX300 525Gb, WD 1Tb Black | Windows 7 Professional 64-bit | 3x 24" 1920x1080 & 1x 20" 1600x900 | EDTracker Pro w/ OpenTrack 2.3 | Thrustmaster T.16000M | Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle

Very disappointed as it meant no flying on the weekend. Alas no point crying and saying horrible things, Eagle Dynamics knows they've stuffed it for a lot of people. I'm just waiting on the hotfix which is supposed to be today. But then my Monday is Australian time so I gather it will be my Tuesday before we see said hotfix.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Havent lost any bindings, the problem is that some of them dont work even though it is showing them being mapped

If you check in Options / Controls you will probably find that the switches that don't work any more have been assigned to "default" bindings. But your original bindings for these switches (or axes) are still there. In other words, the same switch has been bound to two commands. That's something you could never do through the UI.

If you delete the additional bindings your commands will work again I expect.

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

...I'm just waiting on the hotfix which is supposed to be today. But then my Monday is Australian time so I gather it will be my Tuesday before we see said hotfix.

I'm not sure what a hotfix would try to achieve. Most people have probably corrected the problem themselves instead of moaning. If ED now tries to repair something that has been repaired already, things would probably get worse.

I just hope they won't do that!

LeCuvier

I'm not sure what a hotfix would try to achieve. Most people have probably corrected the problem themselves instead of moaning. If ED now tries to repair something that has been repaired already, things would probably get worse.

I just hope they won't do that!

I assume they're going to remove the new profiles they added (and which we've all deleted). If they didn't remove them, then the next patch would just add them back in for all of us that deleted them.

I assume they're going to remove the new profiles they added (and which we've all deleted). If they didn't remove them, then the next patch would just add them back in for all of us that deleted them.

It just dawned on me (I'm oldand slow) that the problem is caused by these .diff.lua files they added under ...Input\Airplane\Joystick\.

I might not wait for the hotfix however. Just go into the file explorer and delete all these unwanted files. It does not seem to cause problems with double-bindings I had deleted through the UI.

LeCuvier

Very disappointed as it meant no flying on the weekend. Alas no point crying and saying horrible things, Eagle Dynamics knows they've stuffed it for a lot of people. I'm just waiting on the hotfix which is supposed to be today. But then my Monday is Australian time so I gather it will be my Tuesday before we see said hotfix.

you can fly the stable version. the beta version is a beta...

I've been out for the weekend so I did not checked, but my bindings are affected. If I delete every single profile and try to load my saved game config file, it overlaps with the new default bindings. I have an excel file with all my custom buttons for every module I have, so I could just delete my /savedgame config files and redo all the assignments. But:

- today is monday, where is the hotfix and what is it supposed to do?

- if I delete my /savedgame configs and manually reset buttons again, what will happen after the hotfix?

- if I just wait for the hotfix, then will all my /savedgame configs work again, without doing nothing manually?

I'm not complaining, if I want just to fly I can run the stable version (I have both stable and openbeta installed side by side). It's just to know what is better to do now. Thanks.

For me, this breaks down to 4 issues.

1) Not in patch notes. The fact that people spent so long trying to figure out the issue is a terrible terrible end user experience.

2) Yes, its a beta. But a beta is not when critical issues like this are supposed to happen. Beta is, at least with every company I have worked form, a near final release for testing to find remaining bugs. Something like this is typically found during QA and Alpha stages. My current company has Dev Branch, Alpha Branch, beta Branch, and Release. Often times we call Beta pre-prod. So its polished enough with some additional testing needing. ED beta acts far more like a Alpha and Beta combined.

3) I don't get why this even happened to begin with. Was it just default profiles were prioritized? That seems like a major flaw that should have been caused early for anyone, even in dev branch, that used custom keybinds. Was it they tried to force a new standard on us and old profiles are no longer valid? As a programer, I don't see how they couldnt just do a simple config update. Almost all keybinds are going to be a key,value pair. You should be able to update the key value, or add a new key and grab the value from the old key, and delete the old key afterwards. This is the type of stuff coding was made for. Tables, Dictionaries, etc are all easy enough to update in any coding language.

4) Apologists. I get we are in a Niche industry, and that ED is not a AAA studio like EA. But we need less people trying to defending terrible practices like this. If at the very least, this was in the patch notes, this could have gone 90% smoother. We can be critical without being jerks, but apologists need to stop defending every bad decision.