Forum Maintenance between 04:00 - 06:00 UTC ×
Forum Maintenance between 04:00 - 06:00 UTC

Yet another warthog slew upgrade

Deltaalphalima1

My replacement came with the stick already on the joystick, so you should include disassembly instructions for this part... I tried twisting it to unscrew it, which obviously didn't work, but pulled it off after reading later steps in the instructions.

Other than that, smooth install!

Another improvement to the instructions would be to have an option to only disassemble the middle panel via 5 screws. This gives you better access to the interior compartment logic board and it also doesn't strain the other wires inside. Taking off the outside panel and stretching the wires was too much risk.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Does anyone remember Wags saying that the F18 slew normally requires button press/hold, then movement of the cursor, but he then modified the code to slew without button press?

What is the status on this with the upgraded slew stick? Are we still limited by the thrustmaster software?

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3720837&postcount=101

Edited by remi

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Does anyone remember Wags saying that the F18 slew normally requires button press/hold, then movement of the cursor, but he then modified the code to slew without button press?

What is the status on this with the upgraded slew stick? Are we still limited by the thrustmaster software?

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3720837&postcount=101

In the hornet's special option tab, there's a box that says "realistic TDC slew"

In the hornet's special option tab, there's a box that says "realistic TDC slew"

I guess my question is whether the slew upgrade hardware fixed the problem or if it's more downstream in the wiring of the warthog.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

ORDER #1937 Same here

My Hardware: ROG Strix X570-F Gaming - AMD 5600X @ 4.7 ghz - G.SKILL TRIDENT 32GB DDR4 3200 (14-14-14-34 CL) - GigaByte 3080ti OC 12gb - Corsair MP600 Force 1TB - 2 x EVO Nvme 500GB - Virpil Warbird Base T-50CM2 and TM Throttle + Trackhat + G25 + AOC AG271QG 27"

My Modules: JF-17, F-16C, AV-8N/A, F-18C, ASJ37, MiG-15Bis, MiG-21Bis, Fw-190D, Bf-109K, P-51D, F-86F, Ka-50 III, UH-1H, Mi-8MTV2, NS430, FC3, A-10C, Mirage 2000C, L-39, F-5E-3, SA342, Spitfire, AH-64, Mirage F-1CE.

My Maps: Nevada, Normandy, Persian Gulf, Syria, South Atlantic.

Every time I want to buy one of these he's out of stock. :(

You'll just have to pre-order one and wait until delivery. That's what I did and I'm more than happy with the slew upgrade. :) Did the same thing with my VKB Gunfighter stick. It takes 2 or 3 month, but in the end I am very pleased with both.

A-10A, A-10C, A-10C II, AV-8B, F-5E, F-16C, F/A-18C, F-86F, Yak-52, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria, Supercarrier, Combined Arms, FW 190 A-8, FW 190 D-9, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Normandy + WWII Assets Pack

Yeah, i'll have to get on the list. I get along with the stock slew. I build up the nub with super glue. It helps a lot but it's still a lousy slew. I don't understand it either. TM has a nice slew on the 1600. Why don't they use it on the Warthog?

Buzz

Just got my ship email (Order #1784). Anyone know how long it takes to get to the USA once you got the shipping confirmation email?

Windows 10 x64 | i5-9600K | ASUS RTX 2080 8GB | 32GB DDR4 3200 | 256GB & 1TB SSD | GIGABYTE Z390 | TM Warthog HOTAS | Virpil WarBRD | Slaw RX Viper v2 | TrackIR 5 | Buddy-Fox A-10C UFC

I guess my question is whether the slew upgrade hardware fixed the problem or if it's more downstream in the wiring of the warthog.

It doesn't fix the issue.

Windows 10 64bit, Intel i9-9900@5Ghz, 32 Gig RAM, MSI RTX 3080 TI, 2 TB SSD, 43" 2160p@1440p monitor.

My ORDER is 1932, no mail about dispatch received yet.

With the hoggit bumrush, I imagine there may be a little wait for most of us, I imagine. This isn't something we could expect a small vendor to have 100 of on the shelf without already having most of them ready to ship.

With the hoggit bumrush, I imagine there may be a little wait for most of us, I imagine. This isn't something we could expect a small vendor to have 100 of on the shelf without already having most of them ready to ship.

Of course!

The shop said the dispatch will be in June, so I'm happy with getting it in June. ;)

I am very pleased to announce my new thumbstick based Warthog throttle slew upgrade kit!!

Using an ALPS RKJXV1224005 mini joystick https://www.alps.com/prod/info/E/HTML/MultiControl/Potentiometer/RKJXK/RKJXV1224005.html

The same as used in the PS4 and Xbox 1 controllers.

It is a complete, drop in and plug and play replacement kit for the original warthog throttle slew sensor, only a recalibration with the Thrustmaster utility is required. No drilling, soldering or extra USB cables.

It will retain all functions of the original, including the push button switch.

Initial price will be around £40 including free international shipping to anywhere in the world. (Subject to change depending on parts availability)

They should be available to purchase by around June, if anyone is interested please message me to reserve one.

attachment.php?attachmentid=184838&stc=1&d=1526735333

just got mine:

I love it already. took about 30 minutes to print the doc. find a screw driver (you will need a little one) and read instriction step by step then "enjoye" just Great

many thanks

Hey all!

First of all thx @Deltaalphalima1 for this great upgrade. Looks awesome, looking forward to installing it. :thumbup:

My ORDER is 1932, no mail about dispatch received yet.

Calm down. There's a reason you're given an estimate on which MONTH it'll be sent. I'm just barely sub #1800 but mine is supposed to arrive sometime this month.

Eyyyy, I got mine! I didn't get an email saying it was shipped, so I wasn't expecting it this early in the month. Got it installed and calibrated, looks okay so far in Windows! Installation took probably 15 minutes. The hardest part was getting the original slew sensor's connector out.

Update: Fastest way I knew how to test this in a game was Elite Dangerous, and... yeah, works amazingly. Full right deflection does mean my finger just barely brushes against the coolie hat but it's pretty negligible. Yay for accuracy! Money well spent!

Edited by The Burrito

Tips: Put a silicone thumbsick cap (Nintendo, Sony, etc.) on the slew stick to make slewing a lot easier. With the cap on, it sticks to your finger really well.

This is what I stole from my kid's Nintendo switch.

https://www.amazon.com/Silicone-Joystick-Thumb-Nintendo-Switch/dp/B07C3Z5W6G/ref=sr_1_8?keywords=nintendo+switch+joystick+caps&qid=1557266999&s=gateway&sr=8-8

PC: 5800X3D/4090, 11700K/3090, 9900K/2080Ti.

Joystick bases: TMW, VPC WarBRD, MT50CM2, VKB GFII, FSSB R3L

Joystick grips: TM (Warthog, F/A-18C), Realsimulator (F-16SGRH, F-18CGRH), VKB (Kosmosima LH, MCG, MCG Pro), VPC MongoosT50-CM2

Throttles: TMW, Winwing Super Taurus, Logitech Throttle Quadrant, Realsimulator Throttle (soon)

VR: HTC Vive/Pro, Oculus Rift/Quest 2, Valve Index, Varjo Aero, https://forum.dcs.world/topic/300065-varjo-aero-general-guide-for-new-owners/

Eyyyy, I got mine! I didn't get an email saying it was shipped, so I wasn't expecting it this early in the month. Got it installed and calibrated, looks okay so far in Windows! Installation took probably 15 minutes. The hardest part was getting the original slew sensor's connector out.

Update: Fastest way I knew how to test this in a game was Elite Dangerous, and... yeah, works amazingly. Full right deflection does mean my finger just barely brushes against the coolie hat but it's pretty negligible. Yay for accuracy! Money well spent!

Right on Commander!

Fly safe! o7

Just got my ship email (Order #1784). Anyone know how long it takes to get to the USA once you got the shipping confirmation email?
Order 1820 shipped. You get yours yet?

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk