Yet another warthog slew upgrade

Deltaalphalima1

Got it fitted in 10 mins - what a difference! Thanks Deltaalphalima1!

i7-4770k | EVGA GTX 980 SC | 16GB DDR3 | TrackIR 5, TM Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals

DCS: F-16C, F/A-18C, F-14A/B, AV-8B, FC3, A-10C, Black Shark II, UH-1H, F-86F, MiG-21bis, Mirage 2000C, AJS-37, F-5E :pilotfly:

Got mine (order# 1268 ) today, thank you!

Took a day off tomorrow. :excited:

sharkfin out!

Support your local AirTransportWing !

Roal Bavarian Airforce all the way

NEW RIGRYZEN 7  5800X3D~ AORUS GTX 1080Ti ~ AORUS X570S Elite AX ~64 GB Corsair Venegance DDR-4 3600 ~ BeQuiet AIO Silent loop 2 360  watercooled ~ Samsung 890 Pro M.2 (2TB) + 870 EVO (1TB) SSD ~ WIN 10 64-bit ~ AOC 31.5" Gaming 144Hz Display ~ DelanClip@TrackIR 5 ~ TM Warthog no.2 ~Saitek rudder pedals~ 2 TM MFDs on 2nd 27"display ~ Buddyfox A-10 UFC ~ CDU/AAP panel via DCSBios ~ ARC-210 (soldering WIP)

Got mine (order# 1268 ) today, thank you!

Took a day off tomorrow. :excited:

Way to go... I so envy you right now.. Just in time for hornet laser mavs release..

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Pilot from Croatia

Placed my order today #1366 my christmas present for myself. (Yeah sucks being a single dad, but at least I get a present I want) So looking forward to Christmas now.

http://www.ipms.dk

i7 9700K, Asus Z390 Prime A, Be Quiet Dark Rock Pro 4, GeForce RTX 2080 Ti STRIX ROG, Fractal Design Define R6, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, MFG Crosswind, Oculus Rift S. 32 GB 3200 MHz RAM

My #1253 is on its way to Australia; received email a week ago however the tracking page doesn't work just says my order is confirmed. Nevertheless, fingers crossed it'll be here next week or so. Very exciting!

Edit: Just read back a couple of pages; no need to be worried about no international tracking. And thanks SilentWarrior for that excellent review, the wait is so much easier now! :P :D

Edited by Aratahu

Alert!!

After receiving my parts, I finally had the time to open the housing of my throttle and disassemble it.

After putting the sensor into place, I was about to connect the pin to the PCB. Following the downloadable instructions (very precice, btw), I found, the connector of the sensor doesn't plug in easy to the counterpart on the PCB.

The photo in the instructions shows the red cable in the outermost left position

However, the red cable of the new sensor is on the other side of the of the pin.

I know that the connector has a specific shape to prevent plugging in the cable the wrong way, but regarding the picture in the instructions, my direction is wrong (at least if I refer to the colour of the cables)

So ... am I right to connect the pin to the PCB with the red cable on the right side? (like shown on the first picture)

Pic's attached (first mine, second frm. instructions)

IMG_7282.thumb.JPG.874a2bf6ac1f8dbbf87586f2ad2139b4.JPG

1552651787_Bildschirmfoto2018-11-09um08_11_15.thumb.png.cfef4ba5db54ff2c47e11468c9455a40.png

Edited by sharkfin61

sharkfin out!

NEW RIGRYZEN 7  5800X3D~ AORUS GTX 1080Ti ~ AORUS X570S Elite AX ~64 GB Corsair Venegance DDR-4 3600 ~ BeQuiet AIO Silent loop 2 360  watercooled ~ Samsung 890 Pro M.2 (2TB) + 870 EVO (1TB) SSD ~ WIN 10 64-bit ~ AOC 31.5" Gaming 144Hz Display ~ DelanClip@TrackIR 5 ~ TM Warthog no.2 ~Saitek rudder pedals~ 2 TM MFDs on 2nd 27"display ~ Buddyfox A-10 UFC ~ CDU/AAP panel via DCSBios ~ ARC-210 (soldering WIP)

Maybe someone can check in which direction the connector plug sits on their PCB?

Please! AGM 65 update and I can't fly the whole day long ;-)

sharkfin out!

Alert!!

After receiving my parts, I finally had the time to open the housing of my throttle and disassemble it.

After putting the sensor into place, I was about to connect the pin to the PCB. Following the downloadable instructions (very precice, btw), I found, the connector of the sensor doesn't plug in easy to the counterpart on the PCB.

The photo in the instructions shows the red cable in the outermost left position

However, the red cable of the new sensor is on the other side of the of the pin.

I know that the connector has a specific shape to prevent plugging in the cable the wrong way, but regarding the picture in the instructions, my direction is wrong (at least if I refer to the colour of the cables)

So ... am I right to connect the pin to the PCB with the red cable on the right side? (like shown on the first picture)

Pic's attached (first mine, second frm. instructions)

Yes how you have it in your picture is correct - I've changed to some new cables recently and it looks like some of the colours are to other way around from the instructions.

As long as the connecter is in the correct way then it will be fine.

Very well spotted:thumbup: I will update the instructions accordingly soon.

Specs: i7 7700K delid @ 4.8GHZ, MSI Gaming X GTX1080, ASUS Strix Z270G, 32GB Corsair LPX @ 3000MHz, Noctua NH-U12S, EVGA 750 P2, Fractal Define Mini C

Hardware: Thrustmaster Warthog, TrackIR 5, MFG Crosswinds(4757) , Custom Helicopter Collective

www.deltasimelectronics.com

Great initiative Delta. I love it when people in the community come up with their own (superior) solutions.

My slew button is starting to malfunction. The press down functionality still works, but the x-y movement is not recognized.

I am wondering whether your mod will fix this issue as it includes its own PCB. Can you comment on this?

Yes how you have it in your picture is correct - I've changed to some new cables recently and it looks like some of the colours are to other way around from the instructions.

As long as the connecter is in the correct way then it will be fine.

Very well spotted:thumbup: I will update the instructions accordingly soon.

Thanks a lot for your reply, will try immediately.

sharkfin out!

Great initiative Delta. I love it when people in the community come up with their own (superior) solutions.

My slew button is starting to malfunction. The press down functionality still works, but the x-y movement is not recognized.

I am wondering whether your mod will fix this issue as it includes its own PCB. Can you comment on this?

It should fix it yes - did it just randomly stop working at all or does it still move a little bit?

If it still moves a bit it should fix it - but if it just completely stopped it’s possible it could be something else wrong.

Specs: i7 7700K delid @ 4.8GHZ, MSI Gaming X GTX1080, ASUS Strix Z270G, 32GB Corsair LPX @ 3000MHz, Noctua NH-U12S, EVGA 750 P2, Fractal Define Mini C

Hardware: Thrustmaster Warthog, TrackIR 5, MFG Crosswinds(4757) , Custom Helicopter Collective

Thanks for replying on a Friday evening.

Well, the movement functionality suddenly does not work at all. I have tried to recalibrate it in the windows game controller menu, but the x-y axis are not recognized at all.

All other buttons on the throttle, including the slew push button work perfectly. I don't play frequently so I just noticed one day, and I was thinking it may be a software issue. I tried the windows and the thrustmaster recalibration, updated the firmware, and also switched to another usb connector. That did not have any effect.

I expect that Thrustmaster will just offer to sell a replacement part, and in that case I might as well just make the upgrade to your improved system.

I finallly might open up the throttle to see if the connector came loose, but I think I will just order one of your improved parts as the slew was a major annoyance even when it was working.

Hi guys,

I just received mine! I will install it tomorrow.

I found the instructions very complete. Any special or last minute tip?

Do I have to re-map my settings or it is ok? Did you guys back up the input confir folder?

Tks for the tips,

Sydy

No need to remap any settings or back up configs etc!

i7-4770k | EVGA GTX 980 SC | 16GB DDR3 | TrackIR 5, TM Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals

DCS: F-16C, F/A-18C, F-14A/B, AV-8B, FC3, A-10C, Black Shark II, UH-1H, F-86F, MiG-21bis, Mirage 2000C, AJS-37, F-5E :pilotfly:

No need to remap any settings or back up configs etc!

Thank you! It was a success here.:pilotfly:

I will post some pictures for the colleagues:

The kit and tools ready for the job

bjYkAe.jpg

The kit itself. I had to disassemble the slew sensor before instalation. It was good because I could get acquainted to it.

r8RwjC.jpg

Screws and disassemble of the throttle is pretty straight forward, but the most difficult part to me was to remove the old sensor. You gotta be careful and double check with a flashlight (a torch for the uk guys) :D to see the tabs that locks it into place:

DjLAUW.jpg

New sensor in its place. Now we have to choose the front plate (round or square) to fix it. I selected the square front plate so I have a joystick feeling and can find the corners easily.

IvWBfn.jpg

Front view of the sensor before the front plate installation.

sCKmYf.jpg

Square Front plate installed.

nSICU8.jpg

Just plug the cable and close the thing. :joystick:

tc31oJ.jpg

Instructions are very good and straight forward. You just have to be careful so you do not cut any wire by mistake.

Thanks a lot for the tip and Delta Sim, congratulations for an awesome kit for the community.

All the best,

Sydy

Guys,

Pretty stupid question. How do I assign it to the F-18 TDC? I tried the axis assign and I can not select it. :-(

I just can’t assign the axis to the TDC. Any tips, Please?

Tks in advance,

Sydy

Very cool to see the pictures of your install :thumbup: I'm glad it got all the way to you safely.

To assign the axis should be simple - if you go to the DCS controls menu - F/A-18C SIM - Axis Commands - Scroll to Throttle Designator Controller Horizontal/Vertical Axis - then select the Warthog Throttle and press the ADD button - not the assign axis button. Then move the control and it should select the axis.

If you are still having any issues send me an email or PM and I can help you out some more.

--snippage --

Screws and disassemble of the throttle is pretty straight forward, but the most difficult part to me was to remove the old sensor. You gotta be careful and double check with a flashlight (a torch for the uk guys) :D to see the tabs that locks it into place:

DjLAUW.jpg

Sydy

One helpful hint. I found that it helps to use a bent needle nose pliers to push the tab in. You do *NOT* have to push both tabs in. In case you were wondering how you can get to the farther tab. Push the tab closest to you and the old part will slide out.

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

Very cool to see the pictures of your install :thumbup: I'm glad it got all the way to you safely.

To assign the axis should be simple - if you go to the DCS controls menu - F/A-18C SIM - Axis Commands - Scroll to Throttle Designator Controller Horizontal/Vertical Axis - then select the Warthog Throttle and press the ADD button - not the assign axis button. Then move the control and it should select the axis.

If you are still having any issues send me an email or PM and I can help you out some more.

Hi DAL,

Tks, in the end I found out. I just assigned the F-18 TDC to it, just have to get used to it now.

Congrats for the kit. I loved it.

All the best,

Sydy