Spitfire IX Stick Forces

Well, with the Krauts talking down to "whining" Mustang drivers, it'll be a sweet song to hear them do the complaining when the skies host Spits and Jugs.

I am struggling to find a reason why any 'Kraut' player would complain about either the Slowfire or the Turningnaught if you catch my meaning. Both planes have serious tactical weaknesses and that any semi-decent pilot can and will exploit.

I give it to you however that the present Mustang whining for super-fuels and the realization of wishful jerry-bashing fantasies will be nothing compared to the mad hysteria that will come after Spitfire's release and which will probably completely consume the last remaining bits of sanity in some. You don't need to look very far to see the first symptoms of this, and gosh, its not even in beta yet.

http://www.kurfurst.org - The Messerschmitt Bf 109 Performance Resource Site

Vezérünk a bátorság, Kísérőnk a szerencse!

-Motto of the RHAF 101st 'Puma' Home Air Defense Fighter Regiment

The Answer to the Ultimate Question of the K-4, the Universe, and Everything: Powerloading 550 HP / ton, 1593 having been made up to 31th March 1945, 314 K-4s were being operated in frontline service on 31 January 1945.

I am struggling to find a reason why any 'Kraut' player would complain about either the Slowfire or the Turningnaught if you catch my meaning. Both planes have serious tactical weaknesses and that any semi-decent pilot can and will exploit.

I give it to you however that the present Mustang whining for super-fuels and the realization of wishful jerry-bashing fantasies will be nothing compared to the mad hysteria that will come after Spitfire's release and which will probably completely consume the last remaining bits of sanity in some. You don't need to look very far to see the first symptoms of this, and gosh, its not even in beta yet.

Why do you refer to the P-47 (an aircraft known for its heavy weapons load in the fighter-bomber role and high speed diving attacks in the fighter role) as the 'Turningnaut', or indeed the Spitfire (which was only significantly slower than a contemporary model of 109 during the reign of the Mk V) as the 'Slowfire'?

In any case this is hardly on-topic for this thread, which appears to have reached its conclusion regardless of whose numbers you want to believe. I vote we just let it die and move on to our next 'interesting debate'. Perhaps we could argue the virtues and failings of various camouflage schemes?

Edited by Nerd1000

Why do you refer to the P-47 (an aircraft known for its heavy weapons load in the fighter-bomber role and high speed diving attacks in the fighter role) as the 'Turningnaut', or indeed the Spitfire (which was only significantly slower than a contemporary model of 109 during the reign of the Mk V) as the 'Slowfire'?

In any case this is hardly on-topic for this thread, which appears to have reached its conclusion regardless of whose numbers you want to believe. I vote we just let it die and move on to our next 'interesting debate'. Perhaps we could argue the virtues and failings of various camouflage schemes?

Very briefly without getting into the itty-bitty details I refer to them because in DCS we will get a Spitfire variant that is good deal slower than the German birds we have in DCS, so it can't force engagements with them; the P-47 is very poor in turns or manouvering fights, albeit its fast; so for this reason I do not believe either of them would be a game changer. Of course with a good pilot they will be effective but I think they will be one of the tactically more challenging birds.

Otherwise I agree with that this whole side discussion is very off-topic and the Spitfire stick forces have been already very well covered with historical documents and anecdotes, so Krupi can make the Spit stick of his liking. Its an interesting project and I hope he will post pictures of the results soon!

http://www.kurfurst.org - The Messerschmitt Bf 109 Performance Resource Site

Vezérünk a bátorság, Kísérőnk a szerencse!

-Motto of the RHAF 101st 'Puma' Home Air Defense Fighter Regiment

The Answer to the Ultimate Question of the K-4, the Universe, and Everything: Powerloading 550 HP / ton, 1593 having been made up to 31th March 1945, 314 K-4s were being operated in frontline service on 31 January 1945.

Blah...blah..blah

Indeed, the very first person to complain bitterly about the unreleased Spitfire spent some time disparaging Yo-Yo's professionalism:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2720897&postcount=1

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2721042&postcount=9

for several pages, all for the sake of 3 mph. It's a bit rich for this same member to predict that other members will react just as badly...:smilewink:

No doubt, once the Spitfire is released, the stick forces will be fine, and there will be nothing to worry about, in just the same way that other Spitfire L.F Mk IX characteristics will be the best in the business.

• ED Team
topic is Spitfire IX Stick Forces

stick to it

off topic posts will be removed, warnings will be handed out for serial offenders.

1.5 Threads and posts are to be on topic according to the forum section and thread title.

Edited by BIGNEWY
  • Like 1

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• 4 weeks later...

Purely for interest; Attached is an Aeroplane Monthly article written by test pilot Alex Henshaw, who production tested thousands of Castle Bromwich built Spitfires (article has been split into two parts for the purpose of downloading):