openbeta 2.5.3.24436 Alt+Enter not working anymore?

finch

Hello, just checking if it's me or Alt+Enter isn't working anymore? my screen just flashes for a second but is still not a true fullscreen (osd windows volume appear if you change your windows volume for example, before didn't)

W10 1809, probably is the w10 update? can somebody confirm it? thanks

Works for me

are you on w10 1803 or 1809?

it's a W10 1809 that has changed things, found this post on nvidia forum about w10 1809 update

People saying "no volume indicator means exclusive fullscreen" are dead wrong. All it means is you stopped it from overlaying on top of your game, not from the game itself running in an exclusive direct output from the game's render engine to front buffer to your monitor. You're still running under the DWM. If you have ever used multiple monitors, and played exclusive fullscreen games the REAL ONES on Windows 7 and early versions of 10, you'll know what actual exclusive fullscreen looks like. Anything on your secondary monitors will completely vanish and all you'll see is your desktop background.

This literally does not exist under Windows 10 1809 anymore. You can set your games to exclusive fullscreen, you can checkmark "disable fullscreen optimizations", you can turn off the GameBar DVR Game Mode etc etc etc.

None of it matters. You will always see content render on your secondary displays, affecting refresh rate syncing and frametime variance on your primary gaming display in supposed "fullscreen games". Just because you don't see the volume overlay doesn't mean it isn't working.

Lastly, this is affecting ALL APIs for me. Even ones that historically did not work well with borderless windowed g-sync. OpenGL games, even ancient ones, will render in fake fullscreen, allowing secondary monitor content to stay displayed and updating. And all the while g-sync is engaging. Meaning. Microsoft has truly changed the method to which exclusive fullscreen games are rendered at the core level. There is no going back to the way things were before, where frametimes were super tight and locked in because nothing BUT the game is rendering and controlling output to the monitor. Now we are ALL locked under the DWM at ALL TIMES.

If you are playing on a single monitor, your volume indicator is NOT sufficient to prove you are rendering in true exclusive fullscreen. Hook up a secondary monitor and you will see the truth.

Edited by finch

an update

if you have my same problem with w10 1809 then right click on your DCS.exe, select properties, then the compatibility tab, then click on disable fullscreen optimization, this fixed my problem (if it is really a problem, I don't know if performance changes)

wHuuzmVKibN6QAAAABJRU5ErkJggg==

wHuuzmVKibN6QAAAABJRU5ErkJggg==