ARAK rocket employment help

Northstar98

Hi Guys,

Having an issue with employing rockets. When performing an attack run on a target waypoint, when I select ANF I don't see any change in HUD symbology and I am unable to fire the rockets.

Here's what I've done.

Waypoint 4 is selected as my target waypoint (for the mission I have selected 2 groups of targets, one 60~km off of the coast between Poti and Kobuleti, consisting of a static object ship group; and another which is at the X-shaped airfield near Kobuleti, requiring the pilot to enter and change the position of waypoint 4 for whatever target you choose to attack, for rockets I'm attacking the ground targets).

I've programmed waypoint 4 as a target waypoint by selecting the data panel to TAKT, selecting input, inputting 9 and selecting B4. I've confirmed it's a target waypoint by selecting it and seeing an M4 instead of a B4 in the destination indicator in the AKT POS mode. When I fly to the target, the target is at the designated position (or is at least close to).

When approaching and I've got the target on RADAR, I make a final NAV fix via the standard procedure successfully, and input the correct QFE.

I select the weapons selector to attack and select ANF, no change to HUD symbology from NAV, I fly toward the target, trigger unsafe and fire (should be able to be fired this way from NAV as per the manual page 293) yet rockets fail to fire.

I've managed to get results with the RB-05A and RB-75s in ANF mode (I see the reticle over the designated target position). But no luck with rockets.

So far I've tried setting up a pop-up point, no change apart from pop-up indication on HUD, I've tried disabling target motion measurement (221 in TAKT then LS) and have even tried disabling RADAR ranging with 253, then LS in TAKT mode).

I've also flown the Viggen training mission relating to ARAK rocket employment successfully. (I see everything I'm supposed to, so it is working but I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong when I fly my mission).

For further reference, I'm using the AP rockets not the HE ones.

I will also try a DCS repair to see if that will help.

Mission is attached

AJS-37 Training Mission #001.miz

Edited by Northstar98
formatting, spelling

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

I tried yesterday with HE rockets, worked for me with short range and long range method.

I think there is a problem with the AP rockets currently though. I read that somewhere in the Viggen forum some days ago.

• Like 1

Owned modules: P-47 | P-51D | Spitfire MkIX | I-16 | Bf 109 K-4 | Fw190 D-9 | Fw190 A-8 | Yak-52 | MiG-15 | F-86F | C-101 | A-10C | AJS-37 | L-39 | F-5E | M-2000C | MiG-21bis | F-14 | AV-8B Harrier II | F/A-18C | F-16C | FC3 | Ka-50 | SA342 | UH-1H | Mi-8MTV2.

Maps: Syria, Nevada TTR, Persian Gulf, Normandy 1944, & The Channel.

Hardware: GeForce 1080TI, I7 7700K, 32GB RAM.

https://www.lesirreductibles.com -

I tried yesterday with HE rockets, worked for me with short range and long range method.

I think there is a problem with the AP rockets currently though. I read that somewhere in the Viggen forum some days ago.

Maybe that's the issue then, I know with the included training mission HE rockets are used.

I'll try again with HE rockets loaded.

Thanks for your help :thumbup:

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

Here it is: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=190935

I guess we have to wait for a fix for that one. ;)

Owned modules: P-47 | P-51D | Spitfire MkIX | I-16 | Bf 109 K-4 | Fw190 D-9 | Fw190 A-8 | Yak-52 | MiG-15 | F-86F | C-101 | A-10C | AJS-37 | L-39 | F-5E | M-2000C | MiG-21bis | F-14 | AV-8B Harrier II | F/A-18C | F-16C | FC3 | Ka-50 | SA342 | UH-1H | Mi-8MTV2.

Maps: Syria, Nevada TTR, Persian Gulf, Normandy 1944, & The Channel.

Hardware: GeForce 1080TI, I7 7700K, 32GB RAM.

https://www.lesirreductibles.com -

Hi Guys,

Having an issue with employing rockets. When performing an attack run on a target waypoint, when I select ANF I don't see any change in HUD symbology and I am unable to fire the rockets.

Here's what I've done.

Waypoint 4 is selected as my target waypoint (for the mission I have selected 2 groups of targets, one 60~km off of the coast between Poti and Kobuleti, consisting of a static object ship group; and another which is at the X-shaped airfield near Kobuleti, requiring the pilot to enter and change the position of waypoint 4 for whatever target you choose to attack, for rockets I'm attacking the ground targets).

I've programmed waypoint 4 as a target waypoint by selecting the data panel to TAKT, selecting input, inputting 9 and selecting B4. I've confirmed it's a target waypoint by selecting it and seeing an M4 instead of a B4 in the destination indicator in the AKT POS mode. When I fly to the target, the target is at the designated position (or is at least close to).

When approaching and I've got the target on RADAR, I make a final NAV fix via the standard procedure successfully, and input the correct QFE.

I select the weapons selector to attack and select ANF, no change to HUD symbology from NAV, I fly toward the target, trigger unsafe and fire (should be able to be fired this way from NAV as per the manual page 293) yet rockets fail to fire.

I've managed to get results with the RB-05A and RB-75s in ANF mode (I see the reticule over the designated target position). But no luck with rockets.

So far I've tried setting up a pop-up point, no change apart from pop-up indication on HUD, I've tried disabling target motion measurement (221 in TAKT then LS) and have even tried disabling RADAR ranging with 253, then LS in TAKT mode).

I've also flown the Viggen training mission relating to ARAK rocket employment successfully. (I see everything I'm supposed to, so it is working but I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong when I fly my mission).

For further reference, I'm using the AP rockets not the HE ones.

I will also try a DCS repair to see if that will help.

Mission is attached

Did you select rockets with the weapon selector?

Sent from my LON-L29 using Tapatalk

Did you select rockets with the weapon selector?

Sent from my LON-L29 using Tapatalk

I select the weapons selector to attack as per the manual's instructions, there is no defined position exclusively for rockets so to speak.

Plus, it seems to be an issue with the AP version of the ARAK rockets, I just flew with HE and they worked fine (well, if I could aim :lol:).

As for this thread, it's pretty much a duplicate, the problem has already been reported in another one, so moderators feel free to delete.

System: