Questions about F-15 - Page 3 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 08-25-2012, 11:20 PM   #21
Pyroflash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali View Post
..U-turns and chased people.
They need to put up road signs for that stuff. U-turns are really dangerous when you are going that fast.

TBH I hope they fix MWS functionality for the jets in FC3.
Old 08-27-2012, 09:49 AM   #22
winchesterdelta1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali View Post
You are talking about getting hit by someone using EOS in the Russian jets, not FLOOD mode in the F-15. Unless you guys had no SA or F-15's were on both sides.
Talking about both. Most MP servers we played on had F-15's on both sides.
winchesterdelta1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 10:19 AM   #23
Cali
Veteran

They should have showed up on your RWR then, I don't think I have heard of something like that ever happening. With the same aircraft on both sides it sucks telling them apart. There have been many times where I snuck around and came from the same direction as the bad guys and they didn't know I wasn't on their side.

Cali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 08:48 AM   #24
winchesterdelta1

Hmm yes. That can be. Maybe we where just to occupied with finding them not noticing them sneeking up.
winchesterdelta1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 09:06 AM   #25
Cali
Veteran

Could of been, some servers have a lot of action going on.

Cali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2017, 04:32 AM   #26
steffj

Default HOJ question...

Could someone tell me why, when i fly the F15, most of the time my radar goes itself on HOJ ?

And how to deactivate that mode ? (if possible)

I always fly with 4 Aim-9 and 4 Aim-120.

I've checked in my profile if i had two functions on same button and no, it's all ok.

HOJ is very annoying when you doesn't want it !

Thanks in advance for answering !

Steff.
steffj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2017, 12:27 PM   #27
Sryan

The radar only goes into HOJ when there is no other option available. You can unlock the target (backspace) to leave HOJ. When you get closer to the target, you can lock them as normal.

AI's sometimes only start jamming when you lock them in STT (Single target track), you can try to lock them in TWS (track while scan) to get a lock-on without them noticing and starting to jam.
Old 05-14-2017, 10:05 PM   #28
steffj

Yes !
Thanks very much !

Let's go back in the air now !!!
Old 05-14-2017, 10:07 PM   #29
steffj

Yes !
Thanks very much !

Let's go back in the air now !!!

I will read your guide tonight!
Old 07-05-2017, 11:51 PM   #30
WildBillKelsoe
Veteran

That also means Russian missiles don't go pitbull? require constant guidance?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyroflash View Post
American weapons have no DLZ limit like the Russian planes do. You can fire the missiles at any time by pressing and holding the weapons release key (different from the fire gun key) for more than two seconds (please don't Mad Dog AIM-120's (firing them without a valid lock, or breaking the lock before they go pitbull (the point where the missile is tracking the target with its own RADAR)) though. I understand that it happens if you lose lock, etc., but try not to fire them without a valid lock, or release lock before they go pitbull.

Tip: In HOJ, you can get a target's slant range by knowing two things, how far away you are from a landmark, and how high the target is, assuming you can do a little big of trig (it isn't hard).

1. Gather target's approximate height (this will be your height when you cross the enemy through the horizon bar on your HUD).

2. Climb to a set altitude (the higher you are, the easier it will be to do this at longer ranges).

3. When bandit is over a landmark, estimate horizontal range (distance along the ground) from you to that landmark (this range MUST be in the same units as you used to determine your current altitude).

4. Now think of this as building two triangles in the air, one big one that slants from you to the landmark, and one smaller one that slants from you to the bandit. Since these triangles are the EXACT same, but just scaled differently, we can apply the same angles to both triangles. The first thing that needs to be found is the slant range of you to the landmark. The Pythagorean theorem (A^2+B^2=C^2) comes in handy here. ex. I am at 30,000 feet, while the landmark is ten kts from me. 30,000'^2+60,000'^2=67,082'^2 So the landmark has a slant range of 67,082' from me.

5. Now divide your altitude by the bandit's altitude. ex. bandit is at 15,000'. 30,000'/15,000'=2.

6. The last step is to divide the slant range of the town by the number in step 5. This will leave you with the approximate slant range of the enemy aircraft.

ex. 67,082'/2=33,541'.

And now you know how to kill jamming aircraft without ever turning letting it know that you fired on him.

Join me next time for another great episode of "Blowing Stuff Up (With Math)"

P.S. Every A-A missile that the Eagle can fire in FC2 except for the AIM-9 is HOJ capable, although TBH the AIM-7M is too short range to be of much use here (you are in burn through before DLZ limits). NONE of these missiles are anti-radiation though, they cannot be locked onto a target's radar.

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.
WildBillKelsoe is offline   Reply With Quote